Extreme (906) blank cartomizers have changed... sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using my Extreme batteries since last December and quickly started buying blank cartos to fill. Was pretty happy with that. The last batch I bought are different. They have 4 intake holes (instead of 2) and more fill so you can add more liquid.

Sounds great, but I don't like them. I find them not only too airy, but the juice seems muted to me. I did a taste comparison with same juice in old style and new style... I was even blindfolded.

Since vaping is so subjective, I'm not going to bash the new model, I was told they changed them because customers complained the old style had too hard a draw. I just whine that I can't get my old Extreme cartos anymore. WAHHHHHH

I'm gonna be washing out my old style cartos as long as possible. Okay, I feel better now.

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
How has that been working out Loren? Just wanted to touch bases to see...
I've been using my Extreme batteries since last December and quickly started buying blank cartos to fill. Was pretty happy with that. The last batch I bought are different. They have 4 intake holes (instead of 2) and more fill so you can add more liquid.

Sounds great, but I don't like them. I find them not only too airy, but the juice seems muted to me. I did a taste comparison with same juice in old style and new style... I was even blindfolded.

Since vaping is so subjective, I'm not going to bash the new model, I was told they changed them because customers complained the old style had too hard a draw. I just whine that I can't get my old Extreme cartos anymore. WAHHHHHH

I'm gonna be washing out my old style cartos as long as possible. Okay, I feel better now.

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
I have the standard kit that I've been using with blank cartomizers from Apollo, and I absolutely love the product and the e-juices.

But I have noticed something lately: the failure rate on my blanks seems particularly high of late. In my last 5-pack of blanks, two didn't work outright, even after letting them sit for a full day after filling them.

And of the other three, two of them worked perfectly but died after only one refill. And I made absolutely sure that no liquid got anywhere near the center hole where it could have burned out the carto.

I understand that things like this happen sometimes, but that seems like an unusually high failure rate, even for an anecdotal case like mine.

I'm going to speak to customer service today and see what they can do for me. I'm more than happy to pay to ship the defective cartos back to them for examination.

I really like their stuff, hope these things are just an anomaly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk.

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
I have the standard kit that I've been using with blank cartomizers from Apollo, and I absolutely love the product and the e-juices.

But I have noticed something lately: the failure rate on my blanks seems particularly high of late. In my last 5-pack of blanks, two didn't work outright, even after letting them sit for a full day after filling them.

And of the other three, two of them worked perfectly but died after only one refill. And I made absolutely sure that no liquid got anywhere near the center hole where it could have burned out the carto.

I understand that things like this happen sometimes, but that seems like an unusually high failure rate, even for an anecdotal case like mine.

I'm going to speak to customer service today and see what they can do for me. I'm more than happy to pay to ship the defective cartos back to them for examination.

I really like their stuff, hope these things are just an anomaly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk.
PDA...let me know how this goes...if you have any trouble with your exchange give me a holler. Sometimes DOA cartos can happen and that's why Apollo has the excellent warranty that they do! :vapor:

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
PDA...let me know how this goes...if you have any trouble with your exchange give me a holler. Sometimes DOA cartos can happen and that's why Apollo has the excellent warranty that they do! :vapor:

I will. I got another shipment of blanks and e-juice yesterday, and there was another blank that didn't work. I didn't have a chance to contact them yet, but I plan to do so on Monday.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 using Tapatalk.

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
Sounds like a plan!!
I will. I got another shipment of blanks and e-juice yesterday, and there was another blank that didn't work. I didn't have a chance to contact them yet, but I plan to do so on Monday.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 using Tapatalk.

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon