Vapor Flask

Status
Not open for further replies.

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
Arrived yesterday. No issues, with the exception of the sharp battery caps.

Attachments

• SXVF.jpg
    SXVF.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 86

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
Update on my Vapor Flask I sent into Vapor Shark for repair.

11/2 paid $25 for diagnostic and shipped via Priority USPS.

Delivered 11/4 from CA to FL.

Got email today stating board was damaged and was sent an invoice for $60 which I paid.

Hopefully it will be back soon.

Shipped back to me yesterday. ..in transit via UPS Mail Innovations. I've had mixed experiences with that service.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA

Got email today stating board was damaged and was sent an invoice for $60 which I paid.

Similar experience here. Just sent my flask to VS last week for a broken 510. Paid the $25 diagnostic fee plus another $10 to ship it priority mail to them. After they replaced the 510 they informed me that the board was shorted and charged me another $45 to replace that. Its on it way back to me now. Should be a new flask now [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: jazzvaper

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA

Shipped back to me yesterday. ..in transit via UPS Mail Innovations. I've had mixed experiences with that service.

Exactly 14 days from shipping to them to return to me.

The battery sleds and chip were replaced and the unit was cleaned.

Newest chip with atty lock (though I prefer power lock).

The unit is working fine so far.

Only issue was the red LED by the charging port was constantly illuminated at first. Then I plugged in a charging cable and took it out. Now its off when not charging but the port is real wiggly whereas it wasn't before. I never used it for charging so no biggie.

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
I have been on a DNA40 VF buying spree. I love this device. I haven't had any problems with the two I have. I have two more coming next week.

I am up to six now.Three black (one is the blacked out version), red, blue, and gunmetal. I just need a silver flask and I will be done buying. These should last me for the rest of my life. Anyone know the size/type of hex screws used on the top of the DNA40 v2?

1.3mm 0.05"

d37a895fdefcf67652ec9d4545d182f4.jpg

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
Um I dunno like probably somewhere around $210...did I get it? Do I win a prize???
Lol but seriously, I used to always use that rational when purchasing more Vape gear, but I've long since abandoned it and just come to terms with the fact that this is a hobby (which I doubt any sane person would say about cigarette smoking...) and well, hobbies are ....ing expensive. *Sigh*

Reactions: subwayaznm

nevillebartos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Vic, Aus
Got a problem with the connector pin, not entirely specific to the VF but you guys might have some ideas. Last year I went away and took a different mod / atty with me. For some reason I left the flask with a half full squape attached, when I came back some weeks later the atty had leaked a bit over the VF, it had got down into the connector and was probably sitting like this for some time, I cleaned it up but was getting check atty error.

So I've since pulled the top off and inspected the guts, the good news is no leakage had got inside there. Inspecting the pin itself though it didn't seem very springy, I assume juice has gotten in there and is jamming it, I suspect it's not springing up as far as it should either. I'm not sure what it's meant to be like, it feels clogged but maybe it's meant to be that tight?. If it's clogged I would like to fix it but I'm not sure how, I can't seem to disassemble the pin / housing itself for a clean.

The wire does give enough length probably to dunk the pin on its own in something to clean, my first thought would be isopropyl, not sure if this would work / or bad idea, and I can't scrub / wipe in the housing anyway. There's probably enough wire length to cut strip and solder a new pin, looks like a PITA, as does pulling the entire board out and soldering a new wire.

Any shortcuts here?

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
I own a VF DNA 40 v2.1 in Gun Metal, that I bought in June 2015, and a VF DNA 40 v2.1 in Blue that I bought in December 2015.

The Blue seems every bit as good quality as the Gun Metal. I did notice that they have changed the battery clip (where the positive of the battery meets the device), but if anything this seems to be an improvement.

Apart from that they seem identical.

I noticed, here in Malaysia, that I can still get the VF DNA 40 in Red, Black, Blue, Pastel Green, and Splash, but no longer in Gun Metal. Is that the same where you are?

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
Everywhere that has them only has the black color. Which makes me think that I should wait to get one. I think they are just clearing the ones with the DNA40 chip to make room for a new device with a DNA200 or SX350 chip.

Should add that the one thats in stock is the VapeForward/VaporShark collab.

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
OK. Mine are both original VF DNA 40's, not the VaperShark Vaper Flask DNA 40.

I've held the VS VF DNA40 in the store, and it seemed quite nice, but I wouldn't call it as high quality.

The VF SX350J has been out for several months now. Again like the VS VF DNA 40 this is a Chinese manufactured mod.

I also held one of these in the store. It is very nice, but for me the bottom cap made of steel was a deal breaker. I love the orignial VF DNA's for the single piece of billet aluminium body, with only a top cap - also in billet aluminium.

I'm not sure we will ever see an American made, VF DNA 200.

Reactions: chillaxing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread