Status
Not open for further replies.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Welcome all.

Some of you all know me already from around the forum. I have recently noticed a lack of options for dressing up the button on your Reos mod. I aim to help by providing some more options to do just that.

My first offering to you all will be my custom .45 acp brass covers. I will be doing these in runs of 10 and posting them up as completed. Pricing on these will be $15/per unit shipped via USPS.

4a2dbf0410ffc3af6403bd450467a19e.jpg

I am working on some other designs for covers and am open to any and all suggestions and requests. I really would like to get something made for the ladies as well.

Thank you for stopping by and please be sure to say hello.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
I'd be interested in a .44mag cover, also knurled in any material (i.e. aluminium, brass, delrin whatever).:vapor:
Yes. I do plan to do other calibers as well including .44 mag. I need to source some nice brass as In don't shoot that caliber[emoji1] And I will be doing some sort of textured buttons In the near future.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
I have a few different calibers of brass laying around. I'd have to look, but I think 44, 45acp, 45lc, 38, 357, 9mm, 380, 5.56, 30-06, 270, and 25-06. Let me know I'm sure we can work something out.

:vapor:
If I can't snag some locally we may be able to work something out. It's hard to find used brass that hasn't already been decapped.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
As I have posted above I want to come up with something for the ladies. I have been experimenting with resin casting and i and getting close to having something ready. So you all stay tuned as resin reo button covers are looking to be a likely reality. I will keep you all posted on my progress and may sneak In a prototype pic or two.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Definitely interested in the resin button covers!
I am still in prototype mode but I am pleased with how they are coming along. Below is a poor photo from my phone of one of my prototype units. Tricky little buggers to photograph. Gonna have to build a photo tent to shoot them in I guess. The finish is CA on it and am pleased with how that came out.

33a7f505e8bc9ffa023e7866a6b00cdb.jpg

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Roscoe, you gonna build for Gdeal mods?
That actually crossed my mind today....I am definitely going to have an attempt at it with G's permission.

Also been thinkin...GDibiNA caps may be castable with the right mold.

Lots of ideas to work on.....too bad my day job takes so much of my time[emoji47]

Last edited:

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
I really like the look of that Resin you posted.

If you decide to do custom acp buttons, let me know. I have some 44-40 that I would love to have in a button. But count me in for a resin when you get ready.
I should be able to convert most larger calibers into covers. A lot depends on the thickness of the head of the casing. If its not thick enough then it still can be done with a resin insert but the button will be a bit taller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread