Vaporizing Tobacco with a Pax - By Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is ZERO info on the web about vaporizing tobacco with a PAX vaporizer. I searched and searched but could find almost nothing except the million and one reviews from the [MODERATED] smoking crowd (which doesn't help me cause I don't smoke[MODERATED]). I figured vaping tobacco would be like the Heat Bar and Accord idea. Heat tobacco just below combustion point and inhale the vapor.

I originally wanted to try out the Ploom 2 tobacco vaporizer but I live in Canada and Ploom vaporizers and cartrages are hard to find.
I bit the bullet , pulled out my wallet, payed a huge amount of money for a PAX.... and tried it out.

First impressions.... 100%, meh!

The taste is like hay. Warm moist, hay. If you have ever been to a farm and chewed on a piece of dried hay then you will know exactly what it tastes like. More like alphalfa actually. Not a bad taste but definately not a smokey taste.

The vapor production is very small but the feeling in the lungs is very much like a cigarette. A very full feeling. Was a lung hit, not a throat hit.

Within 3-4 puffs on the pax I got a bit of a head rush. It didn't last long ( a minute or two), it wasn't strong... but it was definately there. I think the device offers up the Whole Tobacco Alkaloid and thus scratches the itch better than pure nic vape.

The top and bottom of my impression... Unless you are a dual ........ and tobacco user... spend your money on WTA juice, or augment your vaping with snuff/snus/chew. It will be a less expensive way to get the whole tobacco alkaloid.

I'll keep my PAX for part time use.

I used the PAX with Captain Black - Gold pipe tobacco. A different tobacco might produce different results. Your Milage May Vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread