Blu PLUS+ teardown photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

structure7

Jan 20, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Someone posted about a method to refill their Blu PLUS+ cartomizers which included drilling a hole in the side! I had no idea you couldn't just pop the cap off the end and see the sponge material any more so decided I'd rip the thing apart. And I wanted to play with my macro lens!

DS6_4196_LR_TXT.jpg

DS6_4198_LR_TXT.jpg

DS6_4199_LR_TXT.jpg

DS6_4202_LR_TXT.jpg

DS6_4204_LR_TXT.jpg

DS6_4206_LR_TXT.jpg

Last edited:

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Hi Structure7, just wondering have you tried to press out of the cylinder the insides that you show in your top photo? I notice there are two seals, top and bottom, and a metal lip at the atomizer end. That makes me wonder if the whole inside part can be pushed out, sort of like a how a cartotank can slide off of the cartomizer. I don't know if I'm making any sense, here. :unsure: But if what I'm saying right, then the Blu tanks could be recoiled, rewicked, and filled with our favorite juice.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Hi Structure7, just wondering have you tried to press out of the cylinder the insides that you show in your top photo? I notice there are two seals, top and bottom, and a metal lip at the atomizer end. That makes me wonder if the whole inside part can be pushed out, sort of like a how a cartotank can slide off of the cartomizer. I don't know if I'm making any sense, here. :unsure: But if what I'm saying right, then the Blu tanks could be recoiled, rewicked, and filled with our favorite juice.

Why?

With all we have to work with now, why is this even a topic of discussion. Not trying to be a D-bag here, just curious.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
Good Lord. Seriously? Log into any decent e-cigarette website (litecigusa.net and ECBlends.com are just two that come to mind), buy a five pack of standard resistance cartomizers (they'll say SR as opposed to LR - low resistance - LR will tucker out your Blu battery double-quick!) and refill those!

Save rebuilding for something that actually works!

Cartomizer - SmokTech - 510 Single Coil - XL - ECBlend

510 Black BOGE Blank Cartomizers

p.s. you do have a pretty great camera, though!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread