• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping Scene in Germany?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nada Nix

Dec 8, 2013
Germany
I'm in Berlin, so it might not apply to you, but I find access is pretty good. I haven't seen much evidence of a "scene", in terms of vaping bars and such, but there are about a dozen vape shops around Berlin. Most of them tend to be rather small with a limited selection. Many people order from german online shops, it's easy to pay with bank transfer, and delivery is fast for around 5 euros. You won't find all the American brands, but many of them, eg. Halo etc., are carried by a few shops. As far as I know it's very difficult to personally import things from outside the EU, but there are also many EU manufacturers as alternatives.

As far as where to vape, just use common sense I guess, and try to be polite. I don't expect that I have the "right" to vape anywhere other than in designated smoking-allowed bars, but I don't like to go to those. I wouldn't vape on the subway, but I might on the platform. I wouldn't normally vape in a restaurant where people are eating, but I might in a non-smoking cafe/bar, depending on how it feels, how crowded it is, and so on. It was only a few years ago that smoking was allowed pretty much everywhere, so nobody's going to freak out about you vaping, the worst is they'll say it's not allowed.

Best place for more info: Dampfertreff - Das e-Zigarette Forum, Infos zu e-Zigaretten und e-Liquids

Hope you have a good flight!

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
'twas actually a Bavarian court that ruled vaping is NOT the same as smoking and this all the fancy shmancy non-smoking regs could not be applied one-for-one to vaping.

So it's up to whoever owns/runs the premises. Most places are ok with vaping.

Vaping 'scene' ...not sure about that. Vaping community ... definitely. And keeping a wary eye on the doings in Brussels in Berlin re pending regulations cuz EU got it's fair share of ignorant shmucks just like our vaping brethren ( and sisthren ) across the pond...

But so far, nicbase, flavous, ready liquids, hardware still available in B&M's as well as a good number of online shops.So till 2016 at least you'll be in the steam fo sure :)

boandlkramer

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2014
Germany
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429372686.479973.jpg

Volksfest in Nuremberg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread