Daily Cleaning..This is where I found a place to put this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I dunno, I don't vape for a safer way to get nicotine. I personally don't think that vaping is any safer than tobacco smoking. Been vaping and off tobacco for about 6 month and I don;t feel any different. Not better, but not worse. I was a 2.5PAD smoker and not once since I have switched to vaping have I coughed up any "lung cookies" like other vapers and ex-smokers say happens when you quit smoking. My breathing isn't any better and I don't feel any different.

I continue to vape because I like it. I don't stink like cig smoke, neither does my home or car and the vape tastes GREAT with an endless possibility of flavors. I also continue to vape over smoking because as a 2.5PAD smoker, vaping is definitely loads cheaper. But for light smokers, vaping can be more expensive.

If you're vaping for a safe alternative to smoking, I think you'll be in for a real surprise 5-10 years from now. But this is my opinion. I know others would disagree, but I'm just going from my experience. I don't trust scientists and "studies" of there are any. Everyone has a reason to bias something or be biased so studies and "professional opinions" mean nothing in the end. The only thing that matters is actual, personal experience. Everyone is corrupt to some degree.

I suggest if you want to be healthy, don't smoke anything, not even vapor.

Reactions: Steelgirl

sucram

ECF Veteran
    Apr 28, 2015
    True but if you smoked 2.5 PAD and tried to run even a mile i bet you couldnt without stopping/dying.

its more common for people with asthma that will notice a bigger difference, i used to use my puffer daily but now i couldnt even tell you where my puffer is. I also used to get allergies every single season change but it is rare now.

the other thing to consider is that it might take longer then 6 month to regain lung function considering how much you smoked.

Reactions: VictorViper

SailCat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 10, 2009
    Beaverton, OR
    www.SailCat.com
    Besides the small of a cigarette habit (to which I've become more sensitive the longer I vape; danged reformed smokers) one is surely doing less harm and vaping is a dam site more enjoyable than inhaling burning tobacco. Yummy juices flat out taste great!

LoL
    No not my snake, just my handle. In fact I don't even much like snakes. :D

I did not know this. Once again, I learn something new about my forum mates. <G>

Most of the residue on the drip tip seems to be dead skin sticking from my lips as gross as that is... Doesn't seem to be juice

Yep, that's gross... I think I'm going to boil all of my tips tonight! lol

Check out your furnace air filter, and see how dirty that is. That's what was floating in the air in your house, and got collected up since you last changed the filter. The dust bunnies behind the fridge? Yep, that's settled there since you last pulled it out and cleaned back there. All this stuff is around for you to breath in, and you DO breath this stuff in. A little vape juice isn't a big deal, imho, and it's certainly better than breathing in hot ash and smoke.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 16, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    I dunno, I don't vape for a safer way to get nicotine. I personally don't think that vaping is any safer than tobacco smoking. Been vaping and off tobacco for about 6 month and I don;t feel any different. Not better, but not worse. I was a 2.5PAD smoker and not once since I have switched to vaping have I coughed up any "lung cookies" like other vapers and ex-smokers say happens when you quit smoking. My breathing isn't any better and I don't feel any different.

I continue to vape because I like it. I don't stink like cig smoke, neither does my home or car and the vape tastes GREAT with an endless possibility of flavors. I also continue to vape over smoking because as a 2.5PAD smoker, vaping is definitely loads cheaper. But for light smokers, vaping can be more expensive.

If you're vaping for a safe alternative to smoking, I think you'll be in for a real surprise 5-10 years from now. But this is my opinion. I know others would disagree, but I'm just going from my experience. I don't trust scientists and "studies" of there are any. Everyone has a reason to bias something or be biased so studies and "professional opinions" mean nothing in the end. The only thing that matters is actual, personal experience. Everyone is corrupt to some degree.

I suggest if you want to be healthy, don't smoke anything, not even vapor.

While I can see your justification for this comment, I am a fellow 2.5 PAD 35 year smoker. 8 months in now. If you don't feel better, brother I feel for you, cause I feel great. I experienced some of the issues you are having when I first started but after a month or so things were on the upside for sure. To the OP I think you may have issues unrelated to vaping or you have a specific allergy as others have suggested.

EBates

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 4, 2013
    Texas
    @cxm322: Sorry to hear that you've not seen any health benefit from vaping. I can report that after 2 years of vaping, after 43 year PAD habit, that the only health issues I have left are cholesterol and an enlarged prostate. I not really surprised that those issues still exist, but my smokers cough is gone, my inhaler goes unused, my physical shows lungs clear, no URI's or sinus infections (yet). Vapeing may not be a 'Magic Bullet' but it sure beats what I was doing. Good Luck

OBTW, the crud that builds up on your drip tip is dried saliva. It is easily removed by moistening the drip tip either by mouth or water and wiping with a paper towel.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Shipwreck

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    A couple of corrections to what I said about my experience thus far.

- It's actually been more like 8 month since I started vaping and stopped smoking cigs.
    - There is one improvement I noticed and that is I don't have smoker's cough anymore. I noticed that only a couple months into vaping. I was always coughing when I was smoking cigs. Always.

But everything else I stated is correct in that I feel no better, my breathing is no better and so on and so forth.

I do agree that maybe it has not been long enough for me to start coughing up lung cookies. We shall see.

I have no intention of going back those awful smelling cigs. No way, no how. If there is a "next step" in my smoking career, it is quitting...for real. Contrary to what many folks think, switching to vaping is not "quitting". If you vape, you are still a smoker at heart, because the action, by and large, is still the same and the end result is still the same.

I do hope I have the will to quit vaping some day. It leaves a slick residue on my car windows and home windows and I don't like the looks of it. The argument that your body has mechanisms in place to rid itself of foreign substances is not really a good argument. The body was not made to rid itself of constantly introduced foreign substances like constant pepsi drinking, constant oreo eating, constant cig smoking or constant PG/VG inhaling. Our bodies simply were not made for extreme living. Many of us want to believe it, but it just isn't so.

That slick residue you see on your car window...not good...not good at all. But I choose it over smoke residue anyday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread