Just Bought my First Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I just bought an Innokin MVP 20watt and a Kanger Genitank Mega Dual Coil Clearomizer with a few tobacco flavored e-juices.

I've been doing a lot of reading on this forum, (which is great and has tons of information) and I think I'm may need to buy a few extra coils for the Genitank and maybe a second clearomizer, as well as a few more e-juices.

I went through VaporBeast since they were having a great sale on the MVP 20watt.

Did I choose a decent beginners clearomizer?

Am I right in thinking that I should have a few clearomizers as well a extra replacement coils on hand?

I'm headed over to the vendor thread to find a place to buy some more e-juices. I've never vaped before, and I'm not into really sweet stuff, so I ordered a few tobacco flavored juices. I'm thinking about buying a few more tobacco flavors and a few flavors like vanilla and cherry and maybe chocolate to add to the tobacco flavors as I feel necessary.

i read in ECF that the Kanger Aerotank is a good beginners tank, so maybe I'll buy that as a second tank along with a few replacement coils.

Any other guidance as to tanks and juices, especially high quality and/or organic juices would be greatly appreciated.

I definitely think vaping is the wave of the future.

I used to love smoking cigarettes, however I quit ages ago. Despite the time that has passed, I still miss smoking and really want to start vaping because cigarettes are totally gross to my palate these days, and I still have the overwhelming oral fixation after all these years.

I can't wait to get my order in the mail!!!

I think (hope) I've found my new habit/hobby.

I'm really looking forward to getting more in the know and buying an RDA (maybe a better vaporizer) and building coils and such.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hello StoneWolfe from Kanawha county WV, and welcome to the vape experience. There are hundreds of vendors for equipment and e juice. Good places to check on the forum are :

DEALS & Steals http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/418767-deals-steals.html (go to last page)

Forum Suppliers - Forum Suppliers and COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

Another good resource is the keyword activated search box in the top right corner of every page. I use it every day when I desire to learn about something vape related.

Good luck in your journey.

Edit: I would also recommend looking into CASAA. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/casaa/95016-what-who-casaa.html

Kivrin

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2015
Maybe a better tank.

For tanks, I would recommend the GS Air series. Available a few other places, but here are some links.

Eleaf GS Air Tank - Eleaf Tanks - Eleaf - Clearomizers Tanks

Eleaf GS Air M - Eleaf Tanks - Eleaf - Clearomizers Tanks

Eleaf GS Air Coils - Eleaf Coils - Eleaf - Clearomizers Tanks

You will definitely need more coils for your Genitank. I hope you enjoy it. The benefits of the GS airs are great taste and long coil life (not to mention the fantastic price).

Hi all,

I received my goodies in the mail today I'm setting up everything right now.

What I'm a little confused about is the voltage and wattage settings on my Innokin iTaste MVP 20watt vaporizer.

I'm using a Kanger Genitank Mega Dual Coil Clearomizer at 1.8 ohms, however, my vaporizer says that the ohms of the atty is 2.3 ohms.

I've read that using the wattage setting is preferable, but I'm not sure what to set it at.

So, four questions;
  1. Should I set the voltage or the wattage?
  2. And if my vaporizer reads the coil at 2.3 ohms, what should I set the wattage (or voltage) at?
  3. Should I go by the ohms listed by the coil manufacturer, or by the ohms read by the vaporizer?
  4. And just to clarify, am I right when I say that ohms is the same thing as resistance?

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
I'm using a Kanger Genitank Mega Dual Coil Clearomizer at 1.8 ohms, however, my vaporizer says that the ohms of the atty is 2.3 ohms.

I've read that using the wattage setting is preferable, but I'm not sure what to set it at.

So, four questions;
  1. Should I set the voltage or the wattage?
  2. And if my vaporizer reads the coil at 2.3 ohms, what should I set the wattage (or voltage) at?
  3. Should I go by the ohms listed by the coil manufacturer, or by the ohms read by the vaporizer?
  4. And just to clarify, am I right when I say that ohms is the same thing as resistance?

1: I am still somewhat new at this, but I always used wattage instead of voltage.
2: With my MVP 2.0(a little older model than your 20w), I would always start off around 7-8 watts. From there, just play around with the wattage a bit. Increase and decrease it to find what you think gives you the most enjoyment. My friend always ran his MVP 2.0 at 10.5 watts. I normally ended up running mine at 7.5 watts. We both used the iClear 16 clearomizers. We just had different preferences. There really is no "correct" wattage, as long as you aren't burning the juice. If you are burning it, you will certainly be able to tell by the taste.
3: I would go by the ohms read by the vaporizer. If you really want, you can order an ohm checker or use a multimeter to find out what the exact resistance is, but sometimes they just send them a little higher or lower resistance than they are marked(though 0.5 ohms does seem pretty substantial)
4: Ohms is a measurement of resistance. The higher the ohms, the more resistance.

For a beginner, I think you have picked some great equipment. The only suggestion I will make is that if you got the ego/510 thread adapter with your MVP 20W, you may want to look into getting some iClear 16 clearos. There are some places online that sell them as cheap as 2.50 a piece after discounts. They work pretty well, and are great for beginners. And, for the price, you can always just have a few spares on hand. With them being so cheap, I used to keep one for each flavor of juice I had.

Reactions: StoneWolfe
I just took my first official pull off of my first vaporizer. I haven't smoked anything in ages. I took a throat hit and it caused me a minor cough at 7.5 watts. I moved it down to 6 watts for the time being. I think I'm going to have to switch back and forth between mouth hits and throat/lung hits to decide what I enjoy the most.

I am using Vapor Beast's Apple Tobacco ejuice. Not quite sure about the flavor in my mouth yet. It's mildly sweet. I'm not sure I taste apple or tobacco, but I'm totally new at this. I'm going to keep puffing and see what I think after a little time passes. It smells nice though. And I totally dig the exhalation of vapor. Very fun.

I also bought Kick Ash Tobacco from Vapor Beast. Will give that a try after I go through a bit more of the Apple Tobacco. For each of the Vapor Beast ejuices I chose the 12mg nicotine level.

I'm already (figuratively) addicted to vaping. I used to love just sitting around the house or coffee shop, smoking cigarettes while drinking a cup of coffee or maybe an adult beverage after dinner. And this brings me back. And much, much tastier than cigarettes.

This just totally rocks!

After a few more pulls I still have it on 6 watts with the air vent full open taking throat/lung hits. The clouds aren't as big as when I just take a mouth hit, but I'm not into chasing clouds (yet), I just dig the new 21st century style of smoking.

Earlier today I ordered three additional ejuices from Nicoticket; Radioactive, The Virus, and Wakonda. They're all in the vein of flavored tobacco. I chose the 6mg nic level for these ejuices.

Also, Vapor Beast's shipping is a bit slow. It took them three days to slap a label on the shipment and get it to the post office and a total of seven days for the order to arrive. I got an email from Nicoticket the same day I ordered saying my order had shipped. Something else awesome about Nicoticket is that they have a 50% off coupon code "BOGO". I got $40 of ejuices for $20. That's great. I compared the prices with a few other vendors, Vapor Beast, MyFreedomSmokes, and VirginVapor. Nicoticket had very competitive prices and with the 50% off coupon code, it was a steal. I found Nicoticket's selection to be pretty slim though. MyFreedomSmokes has a huge selection.

I just moved it up to 6.5 watts. The more I hit it, the more I dig the flavor. I may still want a little more tobacco flavor though. I'm not big on sweets, but I may try a few just to see. I think I'm digging the throat hits.

I just moved it up to 8 watts and three air holes and the hit was a little warmer, fuller, and tastier. This is almost like a science project/experiment, (I'm such a dork). I'm enjoying the 8 watt hits.

PS - This totally rocks! I love vaping.

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
Glad to hear it is working out for you. It only gets better as you dive deeper. As you play around with settings, you will find what REALLY knocks your socks off, and what just doesn't really cut it for you. Personally, I am not one who enjoys throat hit(the first premade juice i bought felt like i was inhaling fiberglass, which was awful). The juice I make hardly has any hit at all. I am basically the opposite of you as far as flavors go. I LOVE me some fruit flavors(grape, strawberry, banana, blueberry) and I also really dig cinnamon roll.

Also, not sure how much reading you have done. If the juices you have don't exactly come up to where you think they should on taste, try steeping them for a week or two. There are a number of different ways to do it. I just do it the very simple way. I shake the crap out of the bottle, then open the cap and squeeze out all of the air, let it suck in fresh air, cap it, shake it again, squeeze out all the air, let new air come back in, cap it, shake it one last time, and then throw it back in the box. I do that each day for about a week or two and some of the flavors REALLY come to life. It only takes about a minute to do, so it isn't like it is something really tedious to do. There are other methods that are A LOT more detailed and intricate, but I find the simple way works fine for me.

Thanks speedy,

I have done some reading on ECF about steeping and after a few more tries of the Apple Tobacco I may try and steep it to see how/if the flavor develops. I may try your method, but the ones I've read that seem the most common is to just leave the bottle open, (in a safe place) for a few days to a week.

I definitely may be premature is saying I don't like sweet flavors, since I've never vaped any sweet flavors. I'm saying that based on my experience with foods. I'm much more into savory and umami foods and snacks than I am candy and other sweets.

I sort of like the idea of mixing tobacco ejuices with cherry, or vanilla, or something similar. That being said, I'm definitely going to have to buy some "sweet" ejuices just to see. I like the idea of the dessert flavors, creme brulee, cherry chocolate, but I may get a strawberry and some fruity flavors. Who knows, I may end up digging them more. I'm not counting anything out at this point.

I'm playing around with mouth versus throat hits and I'd like to know what you all think.

I've only been vaping for a few days now and I'd like to throat/lung hit, but I'm noticing its a little harsh. Even when vaping at 7 watts on my Innokin MVP 20 watt.

Is it due to the potency of the ejuice I'm using, or is it that I'm not used to taking throat/lung hits?

I take mouth hits occasionally but it doesn't seem as satisfying to me, like I'm not getting enough of a cloud on exhalation. Now, I'm not trying to cloud chase or anything, but it doesn't seem like I'm getting enough.

I guess there can be a ton of variables involved. I have the air flow wide open.

I've only used one ejuice so far, Apple Tobacco from Vapor Beast. I haven' switched to the other ejuice I bought because I still have some in the tank I'm using. (I definitely need to buy at least one more tank, so I can swap them out without having to clean the one I have.) I also have a few more ejuices on the way from Nicoticket.

Also, I'm enjoying the slight buzz I get from the nicotine in the ejuice; I chose 12mg for the 15ml bottle.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Welcome. I'll second the vote for the GSAir M and GS Air MS tanks. Awesome, awesome starter tanks with built in air control for $10. Really impressive pieces of kit. Vapor production exceeds the Nautilus Mini and I'd put the flavor output right on par with it. Coils are cheap, too. Add the option to have the draw as tight or loose as you want with the option to run up to 20 watts, and you're set for just a ten spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread