Vaping Zone Concentrated DIY Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
In looking over all the VZ offerings I note that while there are a number of flavors that are different in the Gourmet line many are the same in both the SC and the SC Gourmet lines - Banana, Caramel, etc - what is the difference in these? The suggested percentage for the SC is 2.5% and for the SC Gourmet it's 1-3% - is the only difference in these the SC Gourmet is more concentrated?
SC's are from China. Gourmet's are from Russia.

DarthEmma

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2015
Ohio
I so wish I had found out about VZ flavorings before I spent $500 on TPA and $200 on Capellas last month. I've been so disappointed with almost all the stuff I've mixed with those. I've been using recipes that were supposedly "tested" and said to be wonderful. But, I have not yet made one that is as good as most of the ejuice I buy from vendors online.

I'm going to buy some VZ flavors and give those a try. Thanks to everyone who has posted about VZ flavors.

One thing I've noticed about the VZ website it that they dump my cart (even though I'm logged in) after I'm inactive for a few minutes. Kind of a bummer.

Edit: I just ordered a bunch of their gourmet, SC, and concentrated flavors. I'm hoping for some great results. I'll report back once I get them. Thanks for the great flavor reviews that many of you have posted. I used those to select most of my flavors.

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Cola-Flavor SC-Cola Super Concentrated Flavor
Kiwi-Flavor SC-Kiwi Super Concentrated Flavor
Dragon Fruit-Flavor SC-Dragon Fruit Super Concentrated Flavor
Pina Colada-Flavor SC-Pina Colada Super Concentrated Flavor

Dislikes:

Banana Cream Pie-Flavor SC-Banana Cream Pie Super Concentrated Flavor (Taste only Banana)
Apple Pie-Flavor SC-Apple Pie Super Concentrated Flavor (Strange)
Raspberry-Flavor SC-Raspberry Super Concentrated Flavor (Okay but perfume after taste)
Pear-Flavor SC-Pear Super Concentrated Flavor (probably okay for some)

Has anyone tried the Red Licorice (concentrate) or the VZ-SC Gourmet Strong or Sweet Orange Flavoring ? Figure I'll have the best luck with fruits or sweets. Any sweet candy or fruit recommendations?

Thinking of trying these:

VZ-SC Gourmet Red Grape Flavoring
VZ-SC Gourmet Sweet Cherry Flavoring
VZ-SC Gourmet Strong Orange Flavoring
DIY-Hot Cinnamon Candy Concentrated Flavor
DIY-Hawaiian Drink Concentrated Flavor
SC-Blueberry Super Concentrated Flavor

Last edited:

csardaz

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
Off topic a bit - I got more VZ SC flavors recently and haven't really tested them. I mixed some up but haven't rewicked yet and wouldn't test them on a used wick.

But I love the 50ml empty PET bottles I got along with them. On the website I couldn't tell if they were LDPE (Milky color soft plastic) or PET (crystal clear and harder) - they are PET. Its a bit stiff for small bottles but great in the 30 and 50 ml sizes and permeates (lets smells thru) less than LDPE. Beware PET will deform at a lower temperature than LDPE so if you steam or otherwise heat your juice after mixing don't go hotter than about 140degreesF with PET.

I also got some 10ml syringes from them - not liking those - they came with sharp needles instead of blunt and the needles don't lock onto the syringes.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Ok, I'm only on page 4 so far, but want to do a post so I can remember a couple questions so far. someone mentioned a ginger flavor, another person said they couldn't find it, but to call them about it, so I'm basically posting for me to remember this, but also if anyone knows anything about the ginger flavor.

Has anyone tried vapedude's ICE ICE flavor? I'm wondering if fresh breath would be like that, or if a different one would be closer.

My dil's mother smokes marlb lights, and I've been told the real cig is very similar. I haven't DIY'd yet, but am in the process of getting what I need. She has tried vaping but can't commit to it. She's only tried juices from local B&M's and thought the fruit ones were like cough syrup. I told her those aren't very good. she doesn't like anything sweet or I'd be tempted to try the HFC. I don't vape tobacco at all. I'm sort of teetering between real cig and black and mild for her to try.......thoughts?

ETA: Saw they changed black and mild to black cigar flavor

Last edited:
Well, I placed an order to VZ Sunday and received it yesterday so +1 for the quick shipping.

I orderd :

Chocolate truffle
Cream Charlotte
Cake
Cinimmon apple
Strawberry

I've mixed an ounce of each of the flavors at 1.5%f 1.5mg 70vg 30pg
Dripping on a dual 24g .3ohm build in my derringer, flavor is muted compared to other juice I have mixed.
The strawberry gourmet reminded me and a friend of starburst and laghy taffy. Very candy like.
The cake is good but too weak for me so far (as are all of the flavors)
Chocolate truffle is practically flavorless....
Cream charolet is just weird, people are saying cream but I'm getting way more of an ambrosia fruity marshmallow.
Cinimmon Apple is good but the flavor just isn't there.

I will let them steep and see if things improve. So far I am not impressed. Think I will stick with my cap strawberry and penut butter lol

Starlyte2

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2012
Carcassonne, France
Appalachian, if it's the VZ Superconcentrated flavors, TBH, I often went up to 3% or even more when I used them. If it's the Gourmet Flavors, I'm planning on getting a few from Russia (they're from there originally, and for me, here in France, it's closer ;)) but i never gave them a go from VZ. Since the post and the flavor prices have doubled, I'm thinking twice about re-ordering, too. I got burnt out of house and all it contained (vape gear & nicotine an' all!) before Xmas, so i don't have any left.
Some of the VZ SCAB flavors are pretty handy, but the fruity ones all seem a bit candy or dried fruit like, at least they do to me.
Fruits and desserts as far as I can tell, do not improve with steeping, but what I always did with these alchol bases was to leave them, top off, for 12 to 24 hours, and found it really improved their taste. The tobacco flavors do get better with steeping, very much so, but as, before when I used these, I steeped them in the attic, and it was warm there, it was great (until it got too warm for comfort! But we all got out alive, which is something worth more than all we lost :D) and 4 days was largely sufficient. But as I said, it didn't do much in the way of improving the fruit and desserts, although dessert flavors are a question of taste, but dried and fresh and candied fruits are out right differences.
I must admit, there are afew of there flavors that I do miss, and they're completely unknown to the flavor sellers on this side of the Atlantic.
I'd try either the gourmet, (although it's not by experience that I say that, but hear say) or another brand if you're after good fruits.
They are very handy though, f you're out of juice, as you can, at a pinch, vape them right after mixing ;) Obviously if you're organised that is never necessary, but as I'm not, I often did that. A turn in a micro wave does wonders too.
The flavors I used of theirs were, apart from Sam Mint, for my mate, Caramel and Mocha Caramel, minty ones, and at a pinch Lemon and Lime, Coconut, Vanilla, some tobaccos, but now I stick to extracts and absolutes or NET, Cream, pretty good, and Apricot, which has a great flavor of dried apricot. If I command there, when I'm feeling rich enough to pay the post, I'll give the biscuity ones a try too.

As for Real Cig, I used it non stop when I started vaping, and DIYing the juice, as it realy is a good similar to a cigarette taste, one of the best I found!
Another good idea, if some one's having trouble getting into vaping, is WTA, (Whole Tobacco Alkaloids) from wholecig, which adds a little more to nicotine and is a real help if you're a little stressed, having trouble leaving te smokey ones, or are over doing the nic or chain vaping at 20mg:ml or more (here in France over 20 mg/ml is FORBIDDEN lol!). I know it sounds like Dr Feelggod's Cure All, but chemically speaking, it adds a few of the minor alkaloids that are in tobacco, but not extracted with the nicotine, needing a more specialized extraction method. WTA helped me through afew hard times, and it is wonderfully relaxing, although less expensive than good juice, it costs more than plain nicotine. But it's worth it, if you have any temptations, or stopping smoking hassles. I was agreably surprised,as I didn't think it'd be more than an ole wives tale :D

Happy mixing :D

Last edited:

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Gainesville, Ga
Well, I placed an order to VZ Sunday and received it yesterday so +1 for the quick shipping.

I orderd :

Chocolate truffle
Cream Charlotte
Cake
Cinimmon apple
Strawberry

I've mixed an ounce of each of the flavors at 1.5%f 1.5mg 70vg 30pg
Dripping on a dual 24g .3ohm build in my derringer, flavor is muted compared to other juice I have mixed.
The strawberry gourmet reminded me and a friend of starburst and laghy taffy. Very candy like.
The cake is good but too weak for me so far (as are all of the flavors)
Chocolate truffle is practically flavorless....
Cream charolet is just weird, people are saying cream but I'm getting way more of an ambrosia fruity marshmallow.
Cinimmon Apple is good but the flavor just isn't there.

I will let them steep and see if things improve. So far I am not impressed. Think I will stick with my cap strawberry and penut butter lol
if those are the gourmet flavors you mix them way too high that's why you're not tasting much. try to remix at .5 percent and you will taste big difference. too much flavor is definitely not good.

Sobek

Jun 20, 2013
SE, PA,
I so wish I had found out about VZ flavorings before I spent $500 on TPA and $200 on Capellas last month. I've been so disappointed with almost all the stuff I've mixed with those. I've been using recipes that were supposedly "tested" and said to be wonderful. But, I have not yet made one that is as good as most of the ejuice I buy from vendors online.

I'm going to buy some VZ flavors and give those a try. Thanks to everyone who has posted about VZ flavors.

One thing I've noticed about the VZ website it that they dump my cart (even though I'm logged in) after I'm inactive for a few minutes. Kind of a bummer.

Edit: I just ordered a bunch of their gourmet, SC, and concentrated flavors. I'm hoping for some great results. I'll report back once I get them. Thanks for the great flavor reviews that many of you have posted. I used those to select most of my flavors.

What flavors did you get from TPA & Cap? Maybe I could make you an offer?

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
$4.99 for 10ml's made in China? With no mention of whether they contain Diketone Acetyl Propionyl Acetoin or other chemicals pg, vg or alcohol based haven't read much of the thread, maybe someone can fill me in?
Yeah its top secret stuff. Ask the American flavoring manufacturers where their flavoring compounds come from ? China ! I eat shrimp from China ! Love them tasty morsels :D

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I orderd :
Chocolate truffle
Cream Charlotte
Cake
Cinimmon apple
Strawberry

These SCG flavor all take at least 4 weeks to mature, .. the longer, the better
They are some of the slowest flavors to mature :rolleyes:
For Me .....
The Chocolate Truffle SCG is yummy at 6%. One of the better chocolates according to my taste buds
The Cream Charlotte SCG is super strong, .. about 2 drops in 10ml works.
The Cake SCG I use at about 1 drop per ml (was a test size), love the lemon taste it has.
The Strawberry SCG had a real "off" taste to me, so I need to treat it as super strong, and try again, but I sure didn't like it ....

Just know they take a long time to reach their peak.

Reactions: Debadoo

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Is there a collection of VZ SC recipes out there anywhere?
There's recipes scattered all over the place. I would start by looking through the DIY section.
There are some forums devoted to certain brand flavorings in there, and just general gossip about different flavorings, and recipes. Takes some digging, but you learn a lot along the way.
When you get your flavorings, just make a small 2ml test of each one alone (solo).
That way you can see how strong it is, what it will add to a recipe, and even if you really like it.
You can buy the same flavor from 6 different company's, and they will have 6 different tastes ..reading the feed back in the threads helps a lot.
There are some flavors that are really good just on their own.

Reactions: Debadoo

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Thanks slots!
Since these are super concentrated, how much do you recommend for the 100 drop test?
2 drops of VZ SC = 2%?
I always use Max VG. Any need for more concentrate to up the flavor? I like lots of flavor.
Thanks!
Ahhh I see you have been listening to Bill.
TFA and VG flavorings react very differently. His advice on TFA, will not work the same on VZ
VZ flavors require steeping. ...
Take that bottle of Chocolate Truffle you say has no taste, and hide it for about a month ... then try it again.
I don't know what % you mixed it at, but if you used enough, it will mature with steeping.
The true flavor will not show up in the early stages.
I said I mixed it at 6% ... but 6% for you is going to be very different.
I use more PG that you do to start with, so you will have to make up for how VG will mute the flavoring.
I mix way ahead of my vaping, so all of my juices are at least 4 weeks old, need it or not :blink:
In my opinion, VZ flavoring are not a good choice for the 100 drop test.... they are a different animal !

As far as your question on "2 drops of VZ = 2%. ... that, you will have to test out yourself.
It will depend on what your using to drop with, and how many drops equals a ml.
With making a small test (2ml), I use the bottle or an eyedropper, for such a small amount.
The flavoring is in PG, and I get about 32 drops per ml ... , 1-2% equals 1drop ... so I would have to use 3-4% to equal 2 drops.
Making a juice is as bad as trying to finding a good premade juice .. too many options.
You need to figure out how many drops it takes to make a ml, with the VG, and with the flavoring .. it will be different, .. and be consistent with what your using ..eyedropper, bottle, etc., so it basically comes out the same each time.

If you like Caramel Cappuccino ... a good steeping test for you would be to take 2 separate bottles and add 5ml of your base, including the nic (no flavoring) to each.
Now add 1 drop of TFA Caramel Cappuccino to each bottle ... that's right, one drop in each bottle.
Use one bottle for vaping fresh, and store the other one for a month, or more
Note the taste and color difference, when you get around to the second bottle.
It's a super strong flavoring, and "grows" as it sits, ... some add creams or sweetener to it.
PS ...Don't spill the flavoring, ... you will smell it forever :w00t:

It boils down to experimenting with different methods, different flavors, different % (with each flavor), and keeping good notes, before you start to figure out what works for you.
A lot of vapers are happy with the 100 drop, but I prefer to keep my flavoring way below 20-30%.
I don't mind mixing more than I can vape at a time, to give it time to mature,
When I get down to a months supply, I make another batch.
Fruits work OK fresh, but tobacco's need the month to reach their peak, so you can adjust to your own needs.
Gotta run, have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread