Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I'm having an issue with a few conversations that I'm also unable to leave. I notice if I edit a message there is an option to lock the message. I'm wondering if the other person involved somehow locked the conversation and maybe that's why I can't leave a particular conversation. The conversations I can't leave involve two individuals. I was able to leave all other conversations.

FYI It didn't matter what option I selected when trying to leave. When I would hit the leave button the screen would go white, like frozen I guess. This was in desktop mode on my iPad using Safari.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I'm having an issue with a few conversations that I'm also unable to leave. I notice if I edit a message there is an option to lock the message. I'm wondering if the other person involved somehow locked the conversation and maybe that's why I can't leave a particular conversation. The conversations I can't leave involve two individuals. I was able to leave all other conversations.

FYI It didn't matter what option I selected when trying to leave. When I would hit the leave button the screen would go white, like frozen I guess. This was in desktop mode on my iPad using Safari.

i have not edited in any way and followed retired's instructions to mark 'ignore future conversations' and still i end up with a white screen :(

Reactions: Katya

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
i have not edited in any way and followed retired's instructions to mark 'ignore future conversations' and still i end up with a white screen :(

I haven't edited either but I saw those options and wondered if the other party locked the conversation if it would prevent us from deleting. Just trying to think out loud. o_O

Reactions: Rickajho

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

Seems like several of us are having some sort of common problem.

We all seem to be able to delete something ("leave conversation").

After that we all seem to have problems deleting any further old Inbox items and can't get it to work no matter what we did or didn't do or try. To add to what I already posted: I never tried to edit any post I was trying to get rid of either. Tried it with "ignore future conversations" - which only made sense since the site was saying all parties have left the conversation. When that didn't work tried the other option. Either way I landed on that link I posted with a page that never loaded after I selected Leave Conversation.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
We're looking into it.

that's a good thing
wink.gif
- i shall leave my inbox alone and await further developments :p

Lori2014

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
I'm trying to disable "who's online" in my Preferences, but the Members Online Now box (on the main page) is not going anywhere. Anything I can do about that?

Thanks.
Not sure if this will solve your problem, but I have found that a number of things work for me only after I leave ... ie, close the browser ... then come back "fresh".

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Is tapatalk working?I get "scheme https not registered"

Yes, it's working. Many reports around the forum from members accessing via Tapatalk. Sounds like a problem with TT, not with us. Try disconnecting ECF, then reconnecting and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread