Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
. Is the spring supposed to rest on the brass nut that is glued to the fire button? My spring is wide and rests around the nut against the plastic fire button. Is this why no matter how much I turn that button either way it will not raise, lower or lock the contact screw? Or am I supposed to trap the spring between the nut that secures the solder lug to the head of the contact screw? Right now the other side of the spring is against the plastic middle frame.

Just wondering if you got this working.

Unfortunately I can't even glue and screw apparently lol. That's why I chose to purchase a pre built one. I was hoping if I could fix it I would try building one from scratch. The design is so genius, comfortable, light, and I love the non metal option. The nut on the button keeps coming unglued but I thought I was doing the spring wrong thanks for clearing that up. I think I damaged the button with excessive turning figuring I'm to old and blind to tell if the contact was adjusting , or maybe too much glue build up. So sent it in for repair :(

Reactions: BlueSnake

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
;):(;);)
Unfortunately I can't even glue and screw apparently lol. That's why I chose to purchase a pre built one. I was hoping if I could fix it I would try building one from scratch. The design is so genius, comfortable, light, and I love the non metal option. The nut on the button keeps coming unglued but I thought I was doing the spring wrong thanks for clearing that up. I think I damaged the button with excessive turning figuring I'm to old and blind to tell if the contact was adjusting , or maybe too much glue build up. So sent it in for repair :(

If you're sending it in you need to make sure they are putting the large button in it. The short button makes it too hard to adjust. Especially for us old farts. ;)

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I'm pleased with it. I haven't built it, but dry fitted and all seems good. I bought the polished, but the polishing isn't quite as good as Sculpteo's. I am impressed by the time from order to delivery. Ordered on 4/13 and was at my door on 4/22. Can't beat that. I don't know what happened to Sculpteo. It took a month and many emails and finally a Paypal dispute, which I promptly cancelled when it did arrive, and not once did I get a response as to what happened to my order. I know most everyone else has had great luck with Sculpteo and my first order from them went well, I am really hesitant about going with them again. When the time comes to get another, I'll decide then.
How was the quality? Comparison?

Last edited:

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Glad you guys are all back!

So quick question: I don't have springs for the switch but I do have magnets. I understand that one magnet goes around the nut inside the button but where does the other one go? Should I glue it on the internal frame, over the lug that holds the firing pin? Thanks!

If you glue your bottom magnet in you will have a bear of a time getting your button screwed onto your firing pin. I just put my lower magnet over the firing pin screw and screw the button on. it will self center in the recess of the internal when you put top cap on. hard to explain but its easier to assemble and disassemble if its not glued in. also an oring under the top magnet will help push the magnets closer if you want a little more resistance in your button.

my 2c

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Question for anyone who runs sub .5 builds on these pekos.. Do you leave a small gap between the atty and bottom or do you go for flush? Wasn't sure about heat from an atty like a derringer with a sub ohm build
I run .4ohms on my Derringer, and I've got it down flush. Been running it for several weeks now, and no problems.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
So I've been using my blue Peko/Chalice combo all day for about a week. No leaking, great flavor, and I think it just looks awesome. Today I noticed that it was pretty anemic and I thought maybe my battery was low. Got home & checked it- nope, 4.0 volts. So then I took a bit of sandpaper & noalox to the firing pin, and BAM!

Peko Peko Reo.jpg

This has been a public service announcement to remind you to clean your contacts!
It's ok to sand that pin, right?

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Mundy posted his set up somewhere in this thread...it may be buried deep. But ya never know he might pop in and re-post.

I don't think I ever took a picture cause if I did it should be in my bucket and it isn't. I did find a pic of the magnet mod I did to OliveR which was what gave me the idea to try the magnets I had for them and bingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread