GG Tilemahos V2 and Penelope V4 mini official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3suss

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2012
N/A
Hello Imeo, hello friends!

I have a several questions about my new Penélope V4 :)
1-. If I´m vaping during a time, the driptip of p4 is very hot and my mouth lips burn. It happens to someone else? My resistence is Titanium 0,32mm GG 1,3 ohms (normal, not microcoil).
2-. Imeo, I know you hear your customers. That makes me happy. I wonder if there is a possibility to create transparent tanks for penelope 4 like Tilemahos. I would like very happy and I think that everyone would like !! =)
3-. Imeo, I can´t to buy a drip tip that I want much, but I have listened that it won´t be maked more, its the first or last drip tip:
drip-tips-gg.jpg
Is it true? :(

Thank you!

P.D: I like much my pé4! :):)

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Hello Imeo, hello friends!

I have a several questions about my new Penélope V4 :)
1-. If I´m vaping during a time, the driptip of p4 is very hot and my mouth lips burn. It happens to someone else? My resistence is Titanium 0,32mm GG 1,3 ohms (normal, not microcoil).
2-. Imeo, I know you hear your customers. That makes me happy. I wonder if there is a possibility to create transparent tanks for penelope 4 like Tilemahos. I would like very happy and I think that everyone would like !! =)
3-. Imeo, I can´t to buy a drip tip that I want much, but I have listened that it won´t be maked more, its the first or last drip tip:
View attachment 422830
Is it true? :(

Thank you!

P.D: I like much my pé4! :):)

Hi j3suss,

1.- Yes, sometimes that could happen, either the mouthpiece gets hot or the vapor itself is hot, and as it concentrates on its way up, you can feel a similar effect as the mouthpiece getting hot.

Some things that comes to my mind that you could try to avoid it:

A.- Push down the coil in such a way so that it is closer of the air intake, and farthest from the mouthpiece.

B.- Put a little more wick in the channels, so yo will have to open a little more the juice control, so the distance the vapor has to travel upwards will be longer, allowing the vapor to cool down and at the same time, it will prevent the mouthpiece to get hot, as there will be more distance between the coil and the mouthpiece.

Try A, or B, or both :)

2.- Imeo is very busy right now, with all the preorder items, shined GG4S, and especially with VIR and Proteus. Maybe if he found some free time he could make clear windows for Penelopes v3 & v4, I know sometimes is nice to see the liquid inside our GG atomizers, but if you plan to buy Proteus, you won't need to see how much liquid is left. Anyway, it is a question that only Imeo can answer :D

3.-It looks like BitFumo has them in stock, hurry up !!!

GG Telescopic storm

Enter to the above link and you will se they are listed as in stock.

time to change your signature cali!

wonderful photo:toast:

Thank you! Unfortunately, the compression ratio of the jpeg files on this site is awful, making the pictures bad. If you want to see them OK, there is a link to my site:
Tilemahos - C. By the way, I am also a photographer. Feel free to browse my pictures!

P.S.: I tried to change my signature, but I can't! I don't know how I did it first time!

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thank you! Unfortunately, the compression ratio of the jpeg files on this site is awful, making the pictures bad. If you want to see them OK, there is a link to my site:
Tilemahos - C. By the way, I am also a photographer. Feel free to browse my pictures!

P.S.: I tried to change my signature, but I can't! I don't know how I did it first time!

I have the same problem every time I try to change mine cal lol

your Tilemahos photos are gorgeous!! I love them buddy :)

BTHUNDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Scheiblingkirchen, AUSTRIA

AWESOME photos on your site - my respect !!!!

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
hi there!

I am wondering if anyone have tried a vertical coil on Tilemahos V2. I have not tried it yet, but i am trying to brainstorm some ideas regarding the mounting of the coil and the best possible wicking method. Any advice and suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

I was actually thinking about it yesterday. It would be quite easy to mount but painful to wick, although probably easier in tilemahos since it has such large chamber.

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
I was actually thinking about it yesterday. It would be quite easy to mount but painful to wick, although probably easier in tilemahos since it has such large chamber.
I did one last week and was going to make a video but I could not get it to wick right on the Tilemahos V2 but that's just me and using rayon wick but it is a great idea.

netlag

Aug 18, 2014
Greece

my concerns regarding mounting are towards the length of the leads of the coil. A vertically mounted coil on most RTAs has different lengths on each lead. I am not sure but this might be a problem in terms of coil performance and taste, at least with resistance wire. It should be ok with nr-r-nr wire.

However a vertical coil could be mounted on Tilemahos without different lead lengths, if the wire holding screws are aligned in the middle of the coil's height. But in this case, the coil would be taller than the walls of the rebuildable deck, thus making wicking even more painful !

A quick solution would be if Imeo could produce a threaded post (threads to adjust the height) with lower height than the other post. But this is a crazy request at this time, as I dont even know if the different lengths of the leads of the coil are actually a problem.

I did one last week and was going to make a video but I could not get it to wick right on the Tilemahos V2 but that's just me and using rayon wick but it is a great idea.

Well it would be nice to see some of your builds! I really dig your videos so far!

The simplest and most ridiculous idea of wicking is to fill the entire chamber with cotton. And I mean a .... load of cotton lol. However I have little hopes for this setup to work efficiently.

Another idea i have, is to use maybe a 4mm diameter coil, and fit some cotton strips snuggly with the aid of the two posts. such a large coil, would keep the leads of the coil at a minimum length too, however the lengths would be different ofc. The idea is to wrap a cotton strip around this mega coil first, and juice it so it can stay in place. And then sandwich cotton strips between each post and the coil, running from one wick channel to the other.

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
my concerns regarding mounting are towards the length of the leads of the coil. A vertically mounted coil on most RTAs has different lengths on each lead. I am not sure but this might be a problem in terms of coil performance and taste, at least with resistance wire. It should be ok with nr-r-nr wire.

However a vertical coil could be mounted on Tilemahos without different lead lengths, if the wire holding screws are aligned in the middle of the coil's height. But in this case, the coil would be taller than the walls of the rebuildable deck, thus making wicking even more painful !

A quick solution would be if Imeo could produce a threaded post (threads to adjust the height) with lower height than the other post. But this is a crazy request at this time, as I dont even know if the different lengths of the leads of the coil are actually a problem.

Well it would be nice to see some of your builds! I really dig your videos so far!

The simplest and most ridiculous idea of wicking is to fill the entire chamber with cotton. And I mean a .... load of cotton lol. However I have little hopes for this setup to work efficiently.

Another idea i have, is to use maybe a 4mm diameter coil, and fit some cotton strips snuggly with the aid of the two posts. such a large coil, would keep the leads of the coil at a minimum length too, however the lengths would be different ofc. The idea is to wrap a cotton strip around this mega coil first, and juice it so it can stay in place. And then sandwich cotton strips between each post and the coil, running from one wick channel to the other.

I have been think as well and will attempt again a vertical coil the wicking was the problem I was thinking of a weave if the coil was vertical and the rayon in my case was weaved between the wraps of the coil on each side and spread out a bit it might work but that's what makes it fun you never know until you try. My first attempt was a complete melt down but the coil that was working one lead was longer than the other still fired fine but could not get it wick well enough to use. I will try again if it works i will make a vid and thank you for watching Adam

Bigwhiterabbitt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
N. Ireland
Imeo what is the diameter of the mouthpiece of Penelope V4? Also the pictures and video I have seen of Penelope V4 show it as having a very square mouthpiece but the pictures of both it and the spare mouthpiece on ESG seem to be rounded. Are there two types of mouthpiece or are the pictures just playing tricks?

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
Imeo what is the diameter of the mouthpiece of Penelope V4? Also the pictures and video I have seen of Penelope V4 show it as having a very square mouthpiece but the pictures of both it and the spare mouthpiece on ESG seem to be rounded. Are there two types of mouthpiece or are the pictures just playing tricks?

I just measured the diameter of the mouthpiece and it's 9mm.
As for the mouthpiece, yes it's a little "square" but the feeling in the mouth doesn't change. That's the way imeo decided to make that solid mouthpiece in PenelopeV4 :)

Bigwhiterabbitt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
N. Ireland
Thank you .. I thought for a moment there were two mouthpieces available..

I just measured the diameter of the mouthpiece and it's 9mm.
As for the mouthpiece, yes it's a little "square" but the feeling in the mouth doesn't change. That's the way imeo decided to make that solid mouthpiece in PenelopeV4 :)

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
Just got my V2, love just like the V1 but on the V2 the air control ring is falling off. Anyone else have this problem?
i think and sorry i can not remember but u can use a larger o-ring to fix this problem the exact size i am unsure of. but i have not had this problem maybe give it a good cleaning and dont lube the orings if you do .

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Just got my V2, love just like the V1 but on the V2 the air control ring is falling off. Anyone else have this problem?
vasilis told me that some Tilemahos had this issue but he didnt asked me how to fix it because he forgot it. He had a lot of work to do before send the orders to customers.
I made Tilemahos base with o-rings on it, so you will be able to change o-rings and make AD ring harder ot softer. So, what you have to do it to put 2 o-rings 16x1 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread