• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
eBay or Amazon, I got my few pads of Muji from Stealth vape

Found you can order direct from muji themselves.

140 sheets of the stuff for £4.90 delivered. (seems like it's posted in the UK as well).

Let's see what 140 sheets of muji looks like:

muji_cotton_pads113011.JPG

This looks like a lot of cotton so does anyone fancy going in on this with me for £1 or £2 or whatever and I can send on however much to you?

I haven't tried Koh Gen Do ... cotton but I find this stuff outperforms rayon and that other random ... cotton I have.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I reckon they are re-wrapped Imren 2800mah 35A batteries.

My go to for battery info Torchy has a section on another forum and tested these and they struggled at 30A so are definitely not 35A continuous.

Probably the same as most 2500/2800 batteries 20A continuous 35A Pulse, I use lygte-info but they are 3 years out of date now, we could really do with someone who knows what they are doing to test all these batteries and make a new chart showing the info.

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
Probably the same as most 2500/2800 batteries 20A continuous 35A Pulse, I use lygte-info but they are 3 years out of date now, we could really do with someone who knows what they are doing to test all these batteries and make a new chart showing the info.

Have you seen Torchy's section on UKV? He also puts some comments on his ebay listings for batteries, the charts all relate to capacity and discharge curves but from testing he'll give an opinion on the approximate continuous amp rating. i.e. if he tests it at 30A continuous and the battery lasts 5 minutes it's not up to the task.

EDIT: agreed about batteries that are 20A continuous and 35A pulse. One of my biggest pet peeves about vaping is the misleading info on batteries

Reactions: trouble1000

Davantrac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Darlington, UK.
I find it odd that it doesn't leak all the time - I often take a look and it's fine - other times I get a sticky finger and of course, it's leaking a bit! Doesn't make any difference if it's full or not, nor the wattage I use.
Mines exactly the same, just every now and then there is that small bubble sticking to the top of the bottom o ring seal.

Reactions: Pictor

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK

140 sheets of the stuff for £4.90 delivered. (seems like it's posted in the UK as well).

They have 12 shops in the UK only 3 outside London but nothing further north than Manchester, seems a hell of a lot to get, although you could always let the Missus have some for removing her make-up :laugh:

Reactions: terry w

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Mines exactly the same, just every now and then there is that small bubble sticking to the top of the bottom o ring seal.
I'll take a closer look in a little while! Can't see clearly in it at the moment ...peering in but can't really see - we are talking about the thinnest one at the bottom?

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
You could try theses for Muji, I've heard good things.

MUJI Online - Welcome to the MUJI Online Store.

Cheers Dave that's where I was talking about ordering from for £4.90, found it just after my original post about this :toast:

They have 12 shops in the UK only 3 outside London but nothing further north than Manchester, seems a hell of a lot to get, although you could always let Tracey have some for removing her make-up :laugh:

I reckon I can use the excess for loft insulation.

loft-insurance-307330.jpeg

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I'll take a closer look in a little while! Can't see clearly in it at the moment ...peering in but can't really see - we are talking about the thinnest one at the bottom?

Think they mean the large one that sometimes gets stuck to the bottom of the glass tank, it's flat on the side that goes on the glass and rounded on the side that faces the base.

Davantrac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Darlington, UK.
I know there is 3 seals on the tank but with the tank built you can only see 2 of them. The bottom one, as you look at it, you can see the metal inner cage either side of it. Trapped to the top of the rubber on the metal part I can see the small bubble sometimes. I know it a bit difficult to describe, a picture with an arrow pointing would be easier.

Reactions: trouble1000

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Okay Dave you mean the bottom one that you can see when fully built, as long as the bubble is not forcing it's way past the o-ring then just give it a shake to dislodge it, next time you take it apart take it out, and have a look at that o-ring, if it looks okay then make sure you re-seat it properly and put everything back together.

Only if you have a RBA section that is not built then put that in, then fill with water, and leave it overnight standing up in a cup or small shot glass, check in the morning to see if anything has leaked out.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Think they mean the large one that sometimes gets stuck to the bottom of the glass tank, it's flat on the side that goes on the glass and rounded on the side that faces the base.
Oh ..I've never figured out how to get to the two wider ones! Can't say I've particularly tried though....

I know there is 3 seals on the tank but with the tank built you can only see 2 of them. The bottom one, as you look at it, you can see the metal inner cage either side of it. Trapped to the top of the rubber on the metal part I can see the small bubble sometimes. I know it a bit difficult to describe, a picture with an arrow pointing would be easier.
I can see all three ..a very thin red line for the bottom one that seals the top to the air control base.
Peering in, I can see the base where the coil etc. sits ...no bubbles. Tipping it side to side and swirling it, I see none either. That doesn't mean there hasn't been any :rolleyes:

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ

Let's see what 140 sheets of muji looks like:

muji_cotton_pads113011.JPG

This looks like a lot of cotton so does anyone fancy going in on this with me for £1 or £2 or whatever and I can send on however much to you?
I haven't tried Koh Gen Do ... cotton but I find this stuff outperforms rayon and that other random ... cotton I have.

I got 200 pads for £5.31 and it was posted from Tokyo.I said at the time i didn't know how they could afford to do it.
So well off for it here Adam,don't think i'll be short for quite some time.

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
Don't know how everyone cleans their tanks, I use an ultrasonic cleaner with one mug cold and one mug tepid water, but if you wash them make sure the water is not hot as that can cause damage to some o-rings.

Initially clean them with warm (not hot) water and dish soap and a toothbrush to get rid of any machine oil, then after they are in use just rinse with cold water and maybe use the toothbrush if they is any dark juice residue on it. Then just dry it with paper towel or leave it to air dry if it has hard to reach areas.

Oh ..I've never figured out how to get to the two wider ones! Can't say I've particularly tried though....

I can see all three ..a very thin red line for the bottom one that seals the top to the air control base.
Peering in, I can see the base where the coil etc. sits ...no bubbles. Tipping it side to side and swirling it, I see none either. That doesn't mean there hasn't been any :rolleyes:

I meant the 'bottom' o ring on the base that is exposed when you unscrew it to fill, although maybe I'm getting confused about it because I took mine apart and that o ring doesn't look rounded on one side, looks flat on both, but make sure it is properly seated.

I think I was thinking about the middle and top o rings that hold the glass in place.

I got 200 pads for £5.31 and it was posted from Tokyo.I said at the time i didn't know how they could afford to do it.
So well off for it here Adam,don't think i'll be short for quite some time.

Is that muji mate? If so instead of me buying 140 pads could I buy some off you for a few quid? No worries if not.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Take the base off and slide the glass tank down off the metal frame part - now wasn't that easy :)
Do I put it in a vice to do that? :laugh: ...pesky thing won't budge neither slides, nor pulls off, or even swivels around! :(

Edit - just filled it and after a bit of effort, it does swivel around ..but that's it - won't slide or pull off.

Last edited:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Initially clean them with warm (not hot) water and dish soap and a toothbrush to get rid of any machine oil, then after they are in use just rinse with cold water and maybe use the toothbrush if they is any dark juice residue on it. Then just dry it with paper towel or leave it to air dry if it has hard to reach areas.
If I'm using the same flavoured liquid in it, I'll carry on re-filling it as long as it's working well.
If I need a complete flavour change or if it's not working properly, I rinse it, and pop it in a mug with warm water and two drops of unperfumed washing up liquid overnight. Then the same with cold clean water, dry it and use it.
If I think it needs it, I clean the air control holes with a soft toothbrush.

I meant the 'bottom' o ring on the base that is exposed when you unscrew it to fill, although maybe I'm getting confused about it because I took mine apart and that o ring doesn't look rounded on one side, looks flat on both, but make sure it is properly seated.
I took it that this was the one. It does look the same on both sides.

I think I was thinking about the middle and top o rings that hold the glass in place.
That's the part I can't get at! Whole thing seems solid, and I'm being quite firm with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread