Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
of course j3. VIR carries battery auto-balance, a unique feature that allows battery to run for a lot more time.
hello,

a question, the VIR electronics will be able best duration the battery of 14500 that others mods 14500? Because the battery 14500 generally, duration is short.

Thank you!

FogNL

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
Amsterdam
Imeo, as far as I can see, the best 14500 batteries have a maximum current rating of 4A. If the efficiency of VIR is 90%, does that mean that - translated to Watts - Proteus will be around 15W maximum?

Temperature setting X with coil specs Y will always translate to electrical power (Wattage) one way or the other.

Last edited:

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Since Proteus will be my main device when it comes out, I always wondered what the best 14500 batteries will be for this device. I haven't bought any batteries for Proteus yet.

I think they have to be nipple top for them to work with VIR. I am waiting....since others will get Proteus on their hands before me, I can wait to see what others recommend for decent batteries.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I will try the 14500 Proteus. I think the goal was to make a powerful ecig using VIR in the smallest form possible. It's not a problem if I have to carry an extra battery or two. I already carry an extra battery in 18650 mode, even though I rarely need it if I go out with a fully charged battery. Most times I still come home with a unused battery in my pocket.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I think, mechanical devices are the domain of GG. Tilemahos and GG4S are unbeatable
e-cig constructions is the domain for GG series buddy lol

You know already what we did when we decided to make mods, you kow what we did when we decided to make atomizers and you know what we did when we decided to make electronics. Idea is what it matters and not the time of construction and you know that I discovered temp real control 3 years ago and of course I made my first prototype.

In a previous post of yours, you asked why VIR is the holy grail of electronics. No one said that. But at least is miles away from the other devices. VIR is a serious electronic with big thoughts on it. I can explain/remind you what more VIR can do:

recognize the kind of wire (this option doesnt exist anymore, maybe on next project)
no burning taste at any setting of temp
knows when it has to stop working to keep wick safe
battery auto balance
it uses the right wire (not only bio compatible wire but a wire that has resistance, so there is no problem when the resistance of the mod-atomizer combo changes while you screw - unscrew parts on the mod-atomizer combo
It vapes the same on Russia or in Africa
It vapes the same even if you first set up device outside home and then you vape device inside home where temp is totally different (and the opposite)
It doesnt need a lot of settings to work like watts or Joules or anything like that
No need to wait for your atomizer to cool to use it. Autodetection function that lasts for less than 1 min knows when you must vape it safely
It works with 1 or 2 batteries 3,7 or 3 volt
Its the shortest and thinnest electronic part ever made
It goes on and off its tube like a mobile card (no wires anywhere)
It has a mechanical button that will never fail

And finally, it has a VERY easy menu that doesnt confuse the user

Last edited:

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
I watched the pbusardo review for the SXmini M, which is arguably a much better device than the DNA40.
He wondered why they both have a Power setting as well as Temperature and that having a power setting is pointless and confusing. Well VIR works just like he wants it, it will be interesting to see what he says about (although I'm sure he won't like the fact that it doesn't have a screen).

Another important thing was the fact that he got wildly different temperature readings when using his probe with different atomisers. He set a dripper and a Kayfun at the same temperature, but when taking reading they varied by a very big margin. Maybe his readings weren't accurate enough but nevertheless it highlights the importance of using the right atomiser on such a device.

One thing I do like the SXmini is the fact that you can upgrade the firmware. Makes the device a bit future proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread