Diketones-free vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Podunk, you saved me some money, thank you! I had thought to try the Rum Runner in a future purchase. I hate Voodoo with a passion. I just hope my 50ml bottle of the Turkish tobacco gets better with age. It still doesn't taste remotely like Turkish tobacco to me at this point. Maybe they forgot to put the flavor in? I taste the base, but not any Turkish tobacco at all. I have tried 2 other kinds of Turkish tobacco...and both have a similar taste. juice Mafia's tastes nothing like either.

Reactions: Racehorse

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
Thanks to this thread I ordered from Juice Mafia: Peach Tobacco & Arctic Ice 50 ml 6 mg, 2 sample packs banana nut bread, blueberry dream, peppermint twist, strappleberry, strawberry peach freeze, rum runner tobacco all with flavor shot 9 mg. FOOB the peach tobacco isn't bad especially with some Ice mixed. The rum runner, I don't know what I was thinking. It honestly reminds me of Halo Voodoo Juice and that's not a good thing. Maybe it'll mellow.the others I just sampled and they're promising, letting them steep a bit.

Next I'm ordering from MOV Capone, omertà, menthol berry blast, and the one I'm most excited about Blue Ridge. Sticking with those that have been tested. Thanks again for this list!

The cool berry is a blast. Steep it for 24 hours. It is great out of the bottle but just a quick age of 24 to 48 makes it just that much better. I like the Straberry Brulee, Red Drops and Lynchburg Sour is the best. I also cannot put down apple wood. I got it yesterday. Just a few helps for people looking at the MOV line. Here is another synopsis:
I absolutely love MOV. I just got their applewood and it is so good that I cannot put it down right now. I also got legendary which is not bad, but not my go to right now. My go to's in the MOV line are going to be in the following order so far: Red Drop (think Sonic Raspberry Lime Aid), Apple wood (Recent addition to my line up, cannot quite nail a description down right now. Very much a distinct Green apple flavor with a note of tobacco.) , Carmella (A big note of caramel and a wonderful just smooth taste. Great out of the bottle, but even better with a steep of at least 48 hours and a vigorous shake.) I have not tried all the flavors but those are my got to's right now. It is cheaper to get the 3 15 ml bottles and just good for sampling.

also doing a sale of 20% off until the 5th of April.

Podunk

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Podunk, USA
@Kivrin what's your setup for the blueberry dream? I tried it and liked it, but the flavor was subtle to me. I'm thinking of trying again, since I kept it low watts initially. Also, I was really loving the Blue Ridge from MOV at theme, so unfair comparison on my part.

I'll be ordering 100 ml of Peach Tobacco from JM and would like to get another 100, thinking the Strappleberry which I like. Any other suggestions? I'll probably get a couple smaller bottles to test flavors. A good coffee or straight tobacco flavor for the morning coffee?

Kivrin

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2015
@Podunk, I have it in a GS Air M on an iStick 20w, so my 10-11 is probably "higher." 9mg nic, 50/50, no flavor shot.
I'm glad I changed my mind on it because I bought 50ml without trying it first. But I also tend to prefer more subtle flavors :). I have Vanilla Lemon Swirl and Strawberry Peach Freeze and like both of those a lot too. But that's just from an initial carto test, not from vaping all day in a tank.

I don't really have any other suggestions because I haven't really tried any tobacco flavors yet and have given up on coffee for the time being. My juice cabinet is pretty full, I should pass this time. If I ordered, I'd get a 100 of SPF, because I just got 10ml on the last order.

In addition to the sale, it looks like they have a few new flavors.

Podunk

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Podunk, USA
Thanks @Kivrin just what I needed to know. I really restocked the supply this time, hope I chose wisely.
JM Peach Tobacco, Strappleberry, & Flue Cured (since I liked the peach..hope this doesn't wind up like my Rum Runner fiasco) all 100 ml. Added a sampler of Quindicci, Apple Overload, and the Vanilla Lemon Swirl.

But I didn't stop there, hit MOV for more Blue Ridge, then decided what the heck, I'm already going to be in the doghouse when all this shows up so threw in Blueberry Cobbler, Americano, & Classic Country just to make it worthwhile.

Reactions: Kivrin

TriStar

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
USA
First let me start by saying that the intentions of this thread are commendable. Having said that, I have resigned myself to the notion that nothing that tastes good is truly good for you, at least for the time being.

While it would certainly be ideal to have e-juice vendors who are transparent and do not use diacetyl / diketones, my understanding is as follows: it's not quite possible at the moment to produce that creamy, full-bodied flavor / texture found in virtually every dessert / custard e-juice without these potentially harmful chemical(s).

Personally, I appreciate companies such as NIcoticket, who are up-front and transparent, providing extensive disclaimers within the description of each and every one of their e-juice flavors that contain diketones in some way / shape / form.

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX
Possibly a new vendor for our list?

I just initiated a trade on our classifieds for a lot of Vapor Shark E-Liquids. I didn't know much about them, so I googled them and found certification links on the site:

Use the "Click Here" under the Analysis Report

Side question: How do we know about the analysis company? Legit or someone's cousin who is good with Adobe PDF tools?

Jay :headbang:

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I tried to go through and find the "list". Can anyone supply it? I think I gathered so far all juice from these vendors are ok

Mov
The vapor bar
Juice mafia

Any others ? Am I correct?
Off the top of my head Nicvape, NJoy Artist Collection, Baker White ( also their Odin and custard ( forgot the name ) line ). Check the other thread with all the brands Vaporshark tested, oh and Vaporshark's own house blend i believe.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Wanted to thank Maz for pointing out this thread to me. Still pretty disturbed that after vaping has been around this long, the list of DA/AP free juice vendors so very small.

I'm at the point that after almost 2 yrs of vaping, I'm at a cross road of either switching to 100% flavorless or going back to nic gum. I'm noticing that many of my ADV flavors are causing me sinus issues and a bit of labored breathing. The thought of quitting smoking to get "popcorn lung" is making me nauseous.

I would stick w/NETS but again, I don't know if the chemical interactions with the flavorings could produce DA/AP or any other variables such as ohms or heat or wicking material and the like. So confusing and very sad to me that the vaping community/vendors cannot seem to get better testing together.

I hope this thread gets attention and more imput. Thanks for starting it.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Also, Steam Juice states on their website that their e-liquids are diacetyl free. No test results available as far as I can tell, though.

you know the mantra......no test, can't prove.

I guess Vaporshark's report has made it possible to add a few new vendors, or at least, certain juices from vendors?

Reactions: Mazinny

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I'm at the point that after almost 2 yrs of vaping, I'm at a cross road of either switching to 100% flavorless or going back to nic gum. I'm noticing that many of my ADV flavors are causing me sinus issues and a bit of labored breathing. The thought of quitting smoking to get "popcorn lung" is making me nauseous.

I dont think you have to quit vaping. Just find the right juices. Popcorn lung has never been found in smokers, and it's too early to tell for vapers, but as Dr. F. said, there is measured decline in lung function and often misdiagnosed as COPD.

So yeah, I do consider it an avoidable risk.

Angie, don't forget, there are creamy flavors that have been restructured with diketone free flavorings now. Have you been able to pin down the sinus issues to certain flavorings?

What drives me nuts in the topics about not vaping diketones is the responses you get, as if once you've been a dirty smoker, your aptitude for pursuing real health is fluxored, i.e. so many responses like : "you smoked for 20 years and now you are worried about diketones?"---- and then the usual memes about the toxic air, toxic water, toxic food and how dangerous driving is, ensue.

And always, the implication is that you are some kinda weirdo for wanting to vape w/out contaminants.

I'm glad you guys are here, because I seriously don't understand that attitude. And seeing you here makes me feel less alone. :)

No, I don't wear Hazmat Gloves to the grocery store. But I eat carefully, and thoughtfully, and i want to vape the same way. I gave up cigarettes to be healthier, not to be lied to by ejuiice vendors the same way I was lied to by the cigarette companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread