Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have a few habits mostly bad. Maybe the taste you are looking for is cotton. Just lick a cotton ball before you vape. I've been using the same wick since Tuesday morning and tasting good IMO.

I'm sure it will be fine. Just a bout of vaper's tongue is all.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I like it! Much Modern!
57121230.jpg

Reactions: Pinggolfer

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hey y'all! So glad we're back, because I'm having a problem with one of my precious KFL+'s. For a few weeks now, I've noticed a very slight leak, but usually only after it had been laying on its side all night, with not much juice in it. So I try to remember to do the refill before bed!

But Wednesday, I got a massive leak, all over my brand new iStick 30w, and naturally it was when I was out and about. :facepalm: So I changed both the large o-rings, they were getting kinda ratty, and I thought the problem was fixed, but now I'm back to that slow slight leak -- and it actually appears to be coming thru the 510 connection -- I also changed the tiny o-ring on the fill screw, so I don't think it's that. This KFL+ is about 6-8 months old (I have 2 just alike bought about 2 months apart, I don't know which one this leaking one is), so I was wondering if it's a problem with that insulator thingie under the coil base? I've found some of those online but I wanted to see if I'm looking at the problem correctly, before I buy them and perform surgery on my precious KFL+.

TvmIA!!

Andria

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Hey y'all! So glad we're back, because I'm having a problem with one of my precious KFL+'s. For a few weeks now, I've noticed a very slight leak, but usually only after it had been laying on its side all night, with not much juice in it. So I try to remember to do the refill before bed!

But Wednesday, I got a massive leak, all over my brand new iStick 30w, and naturally it was when I was out and about. :facepalm: So I changed both the large o-rings, they were getting kinda ratty, and I thought the problem was fixed, but now I'm back to that slow slight leak -- and it actually appears to be coming thru the 510 connection -- I also changed the tiny o-ring on the fill screw, so I don't think it's that. This KFL+ is about 6-8 months old (I have 2 just alike bought about 2 months apart, I don't know which one this leaking one is), so I was wondering if it's a problem with that insulator thingie under the coil base? I've found some of those online but I wanted to see if I'm looking at the problem correctly, before I buy them and perform surgery on my precious KFL+.

TvmIA!!

Andria
Is the 510 screw tight?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Is the 510 screw tight?

Yep, I check it whenever I refill. When I was using it with my sigelei zmax, it didn't seem too bad, but now, on the iStick, I can see all the liquid on the shiny top of the iStick. It just seemed to me that if heavy use could wear out those o-rings, maybe it's kinda worn out the insulator(s) too. I actually misspoke (typed) about 6-8 months, I think it's more like 9-11 months; if this is the first one I bought, that was May of last year, and that's not far off.

Andria

Reactions: TrollDragon

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Where is it leaking from?

Seems to be coming from the 510 connection -- the actual bottom of the base won't be wet, but the screw in the 510 has dark ejuice on it, and there's some on the battery post and around it, on the mod... it's only since I got the iStick that I also see ejuice on the shiny top of the mod, I think because that top is mostly flush, whereas the zmax has the recess for the ego threads.

Andria

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Seems to be coming from the 510 connection -- the actual bottom of the base won't be wet, but the screw in the 510 has dark ejuice on it, and there's some on the battery post and around it, on the mod... it's only since I got the iStick that I also see ejuice on the shiny top of the mod, I think because that top is mostly flush, whereas the zmax has the recess for the ego threads.

Andria
Can you post a pic of it? And point out where the leak is?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Hmm... not at the moment. I quit using it when I discovered that my o-ring replacements hadn't fixed it. It seems to need to be upright to really be able to perceive it. The slight leak I was seeing in the mornings, when I'd pick up the mod, there would be no leak, no juice on the mod, but once it was upright, then I'd begin to feel a bit of juice, and when I took it off the mod, I'd see that the 510 screw, and the battery post in the mod, were both wet with dark ejuice. Since it's been laying on its side over on the counter, at the moment the 510 screw feels dry.

Andria

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Hmm... not at the moment. I quit using it when I discovered that my o-ring replacements hadn't fixed it. It seems to need to be upright to really be able to perceive it. The slight leak I was seeing in the mornings, when I'd pick up the mod, there would be no leak, no juice on the mod, but once it was upright, then I'd begin to feel a bit of juice, and when I took it off the mod, I'd see that the 510 screw, and the battery post in the mod, were both wet with dark ejuice. Since it's been laying on its side over on the counter, at the moment the 510 screw feels dry.

Andria
I always keep all mine standing up. I made bases out of cement to keep them in.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Well, I think I'm going to go ahead and get those insulators I saw online, and replace them in that KFL+; it's about the only thing left -- I guess I could change the o-ring that sits right where the top of the chimney engages the top cap, but that one doesn't appear to be damaged or worn in any way. It's gotta be a general wear n tear problem, because I've never had any problems like this from any of my kayfuns until this.

Andria

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Well, I think I'm going to go ahead and get those insulators I saw online, and replace them in that KFL+; it's about the only thing left -- I guess I could change the o-ring that sits right where the top of the chimney engages the top cap, but that one doesn't appear to be damaged or worn in any way. It's gotta be a general wear n tear problem, because I've never had any problems like this from any of my kayfuns until this.

Andria
I've heard of that one causing leaks too. Try that first

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I've heard of that one causing leaks too. Try that first

Ok, I guess that does make sense, to try all the simple fixes before buying something new and performing major surgery. :D

I find I'm a bit intimidated by the idea of taking the head completely apart; all the usual fears of "what if I can't get it back together properly?" But I suspect it's nothing to be afraid of, as dry-burning and then coil-building was not, though I feared both of those before I tried them. :D

Thx
Andria

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
A couple weeks ago I got hooked on the Kayfuns and Kayfun lites. The two lites I have act the same. The moment I lay them on the side they will weep from the air hole. As long as they are standing upright they usually will only leak a little. I tried wicking them every way shown and it still leaks when laid on its side yet they perform so well I can live with the issue. Anyone else run into this? The 3 Kayfun V4's I have dont leak at all usually.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
A couple weeks ago I got hooked on the Kayfuns and Kayfun lites. The two lites I have act the same. The moment I lay them on the side they will weep from the air hole. As long as they are standing upright they usually will only leak a little. I tried wicking them every way shown and it still leaks when laid on its side yet they perform so well I can live with the issue. Anyone else run into this? The 3 Kayfun V4's I have dont leak at all usually.

I really haven't had any problems like that with mine, till this recent slow leak started. When I first get a new coil and/or wick in place, if I've gotten carried away with priming the wick, I sometimes get the obnoxious gurgle; I hold it with the air hole higher than the drip tip and blow it out into a paper towel, and that fixes any gurgle and/or leak from the airhole -- the blowing-out works for a lot of problems like that, though sometimes I need to run a pipe cleaner down thru the driptip/chimney if it's gurgling because of condensate.

Tomorrow I'll change out that o-ring where the chimney fits, and see how it does; if it still leaks a bit, then I think I really have to do the insulator change too. I figured there'd be some maintenance down the road, so that's fine; it'll be good to learn all the ins-and-outs of maintaining the things before any draconian regulations impede the flow of info.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread