Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
No need to be sorry! ;) Lots of work.
I'd add it as a suggestion though, like maybe have the template for thread-view exclude the stats so it is full width. I'd only need the stats on the thread-list/forum-list. May also be better for mobile users with limited screen space (IDK...I'm desktop mode not mobile)

The responsive design automatically "moves" the sidebar on mobile devices. You can test this by shrinking the amount of real estate your browser takes up and you'll see the forum adjust accordingly.

Reactions: AttyPops

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
The responsive design automatically "moves" the sidebar on mobile devices. You can test this by shrinking the amount of real estate your browser takes up and you'll see the forum adjust accordingly.

Yeah, it moved stats to the bottom. :)

IDK. Maybe social users want that share-box on the right or something. Just my :2c: to not have it in thread view. But I'm anti-social. ;) :)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Okay - I already understand why I might not have a "Mood" that everyone can see (especially since those that actually know "Me" already know "My" moods, especially since they can and do change at a moments notice too {One of the reason's "My" New Avatar is just sitting contemplating the change over . . . ;)), however I would like to put out there a couple of things to see if there is a way to change/fix the issues . . .

1) Is there a way to change the size of the text that an individual see in a message already posted on the thread (AND NO- I DO NOT mean when editing the message as I just did) . . . Just as an example - "Jane Doe" posted a message using the default size of text (use to be somewhere close to size 3 - now everything looks like the old size 1) . . . However, "John Doe" cannot see the message as before the migration without using his strongest pair of reading glasses, he also use to be able to change the default size of the text he would see, using his browser options . . . Yet he cannot find where this can be accomplished - if it can be done anywhere anymore . . SO - The question is . . . Can a new default for the text be set-up and if not would the people working in the background possibly consider allowing this to happen . . . ;)

2) The next issue is with PM's/Conversations . . . I fully understand and appreciate that "Xen Foro" does not allow "Mailboxes" to be created and that all the PM's/Conversations are just listed individually . . . However, if possible can the people in the background provide a way that these "Conversations" can be linked together under one "Subject"/"Title" since it seems that they cannot be "Filtered" that way . . . Just as an example - "Jane Doe" started a "Conversation" with "John Doe" with the "Subject"/"Title" - "How Ya' Doin' . . . " Later He replied which changed the "Subject"/"Title" to "Re: How Ya' Doin' . . . " They continue this conversation for the next couple of days and there are 20 + separate and individual conversations now listed they wish to save using the "Filtered" option as a kinda of "group" for future reference but cannot . . . Now - If there is a way to do this or can be done later - IMO - It would be extremely beneficial if "We" could "Filter" them as a kinda of "Group" instead of having them all listed as individual messages . . .

3) Last, but not least . . . Not that "You" have anything else more important and pressing to do at the moment . . . ;) However, When Ya' find the time . . . Can I please have all "My" Labels put back under "My" Avatar . . . :facepalm:

EDIT: Never Mind - I see that they are finally back . . . ;)

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
For issue #1. Hold down your CTRL key and scroll up with your mouse wheel.

For issue #2. Xen Foro tips and tricks | E-Cigarette Forum

For issue #3. Most will come back and some point, but it's doubtful we'll squeeze them all in.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
2) The next issue is with PM's/Conversations . . . I fully understand and appreciate that "Xen Foro" does not allow "Mailboxes" to be created and that all the PM's/Conversations are just listed individually . . . However, if possible can the people in the background provide a way that these "Conversations" can be linked together under one "Subject"/"Title" since it seems that they cannot be "Filtered" that way . . . Just as an example - "Jane Doe" started a "Conversation" with "John Doe" with the "Subject"/"Title" - "How Ya' Doin' . . . " Later He replied which changed the "Subject"/"Title" to "Re: How Ya' Doin' . . . " They continue this conversation for the next couple of days and there are 20 + separate and individual conversations now listed they wish to save using the "Filtered" option as a kinda of "group" for future reference but cannot . . . Now - If there is a way to do this or can be done later - IMO - It would be extremely beneficial if "We" could "Filter" them as a kinda of "Group" instead of having them all listed as individual messages . . .
supposedly you can add prefixes to them to organize them

Conversations are the old PMs. Unfortunately, the options for Conversations are somewhat limited compared to what we're currently using but we've created some options that hopefully will allow you to organize your conversations.

First, there is no option to create additional folders to save your messages. To get around this, you can create a prefix that you can then assign to specific conversations and then filter accordingly.

To create your prefixes look for the Conversation Prefixes link in your inbox.

j8NJUcR.png

You'll then be presented with a screen that allows you to create/edit your prefixes.

MysGBzu.png

You can then create as many prefixes as you wish to help organize your conversations.

Now you'll need to assign the prefix to your existing messages. Select the message you want to assign a prefix to.

k55R3Im.png

Where it says "Other Action" on the popup, click on that and then select "Set Conversations Prefix"

You'll then see your customized prefix assigned to the conversation.

MoXmnI0.png

Other than that, there's not much to say regarding conversations other than it allows you to communicate privately with other users.

To delete a conversation, all you need to do is "leave" the conversation. You'll be presented with an option to accept future messages on that particular conversation or block. If you block, it's gone for good, even if the other person attempts to reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
For issue #3. Most will come back and some point, but it's doubtful we'll squeeze them all in.
a suggestion, maybe make another user popup index, or add it to the main one for all of the user title bars (verified, admin, mods, ect)
sorry but seems silly that the users stat box is bigger than their reply box ;)

also just a pet peeve, move username above avatar... :D

Reactions: jafmf95

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
For issue #1. Hold down your CTRL key and scroll up with your mouse wheel.

For issue #2. Xen Foro tips and tricks | E-Cigarette Forum

Issue #1: Already set at + 200, was just thinking that maybe the default setting for text could be increased . . . ;)

Issue #2: Opps - Didn't see that "YOU" edited and added a lot more very pertinent info to that post . . . :thumbs: Definitely will go back and read through again . . . THANKS ! ! ! :D

Issue #3. See previous post - Been edited . . . ;) :D

Now - If It would only not show I was "Online" or viewing the thread since I already unchecked "Show your online status" in "My" privacy setting . . . ;)

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Now - If It would only not show I was "Online" or viewing the thread since I already unchecked "Show your online status" in "My" privacy setting . . . ;)

It doesn't show to other members if you've unchecked the Online Status box.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

I think it is only viewable to you. Have someone check it to see what it says. Also, see if they can see that you are or not online.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
It doesn't show to other members if you've unchecked the Online Status box.

Thanks . . . Old ECF actually had the "Online" symbol blank and changed the color of "Your" Online Name to let Ya' know that it was working . . . :facepalm:

EDIT: "You" too "Robino" . . . BTW: :wub: "Your" post I've read in so many places, but especially in the "Tootle-Puffer" thread . . . ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Looking good so far.
However, I am only getting e-mail notifications to some of my subscribed threads.
I have tried unsubscribing, then resubscribing checking the e-mail option.... still not working.
Just wanted to report this.:vapor:

Same here. It appears that if you want to get the email notification, you have to post in it on the new forum. At least that's the way it's been working for me. There are a bunch of threads I'm subscribed to that I still haven't been able to find. I'm looking through all my watched threads trying to find them.

Reactions: puffon

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
What she said!

Yes, yes, yes. Please, dear Admin, if at all possible. Pretty please. And we do need more info about the posters--join date, number of posts, etc. Very helpful to be able to tell at a glance who we're talking to.

Those avatars are upside down and totally confusing...

I know this is not critical and I'm sure you have more important things to do right now, but in the future, it would be nice to have a format similar to what we used to have.

Other than that--great job! Thanks! :thumb:

I would like to see all the old info as well.

Another thing I miss is seeing where everyone is from at a glance. I used to always look and see if there were any new members from Maine, or other places I have lived in or are interested in. Since I don't click on everyone's avatar, I don't see that any more.

I like the banners for verified members, I hope veterans get one too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread