This poll is for former smokers who quit with the help of e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Started vaping on Nov. 26, 2013----and never looked back no cigarettes since that day. Once I discovered the ego battery and ce4

long wick plastic --multicolored tanks with-little- plastic screw in mouth piece I was hooked---was so much fun playing

with this stuff. I now do the eleaf Istick 50 watts and RSBT rebuildable coil thing.

Reactions: RustyStar

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Depends on your definition of success and quitting.... I got into Ecigs to quit smoking cigarettes. OK, Done. Way I see it. I am still technically a smoker, I just no longer smoke cigarettes. I still have the same hand/mouth habits and am still using approx the same daily dosage of nicotine. The only thing that changed was the smoke is now STEAM.

BlackCat7

May 15, 2015
Yes... I got a few different cigalikes about 4 years ago, but they weren't satisfying for so I went back to smoking, then a couple years ago I tried an ego setup but didn't know of any b& m stores to try juices and ended up with a bunch of stuff I didn't like. Then back to smoking again until I tried quitting cold turkey. I manage about 18 hours before I dug out my ego and googled local vape shops. Now I have a setup that works for me and a bunch of juices I like and have been smoke free ever since. I would and have suggested it to anyone interested in quitting.

Rowdy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Georgia
For vapers who’ve quit smoking: Was your attempt using e-cigarette products effective for smoking cessation?
Yes, I quit the day I recieved my first E-cig from Awesome Vape (around March 2011) and have not smoked a tobacco product since. I can not confirm that it has save me any money since I seem to buy every new gadget available, but I think my health has improved.

First time I tried vaping was about 3 years ago. I got a Blue e-cigs starter kit and it did nothing for me. I tried a few other gas station e-cigs with the same results. About six months ago I got a ego set up and that was the last day I smoked a cigarette. Now I use rda's on a mech. Went to 0 nic and couldn't do it so I have been sticking at 3.

Sanctuary Denied

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Vancouver, Wa
I started out using ecigs as a supplement for times I didn't feel comfortable smoking.
After trying several times to quit smoking I never really though it would be as effective as it was.
I used both for about six months slowly smoking fewer and fewer cigarettes.
It was the perfect way for me to quit, I wasn't even trying!
Three years+ tobacco free!

dr_mah

Mar 31, 2013
Central Connecticut, USA
Was a 1.5 PAD smoker for over 3 decades. Started vaping 3-24-2013, since day 1 have not touched or had the desire for an analog. Success I'd say!

Regarding all the media bias we hear/read about e-cigs. I haven't heard about anyone dying from e-cig use, not a one. Vaping has been around now for a fair number of years, with many people partaking worldwide. If it caused health affects I think we'd have known about it by now. Analogs cause 6 million deaths/yr worldwide, 500,000/yr here in the US. Once I start hearing those kind of numbers regarding vaping I'll stop, don't think I will though!

satchvai

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2015
Off the grid
90 days yesterday since I've had a stinky and don't plan on going back. My journey started with a Njoy cig-a-like. Two puffs, went in the drawer and smoked for another 18 months. Last year I tried some e-cigs a friend of mine had, 810's I think and they didn't do it for me either. I did go cold turkey for 3 months last year but hated every day of it. This year, my brother, a 40+ year smoker, got a IPV2 and a Nautilus mini and quit in January. I eventually got my .... in gear and ended up buying a iStick 50 with an Atlantis V2 tank and haven't looked back. Yay for good tech!

1_gr8_underdog

Jun 23, 2015
Yes and no. I started my vaping journey in 2010 with the n-joy type ecig with prefilled atomizers. It worked for about three weeks. I became frustrated quickly with the number of defective cartridges I was getting. So I returned to smoking for another two years or so untill i tried again. This time my choice was a vv ego style pen with a cheap clone of the kanger protank. This worked for less then two week. Every two or three days the coil would burn out. Fed up I returned to smoking, but this time I continued to experiment with vaping. Got a kanger pro tank with a tesla invader ii half mech box mod next. Loved the box mod for the most part except it was always wide open. I still use it now and again. Unfortunately the authentic protank suffered the same fate as my clone tank, short coil life. I messed with it on and off for almost a month and returned to smoking once again. Then I got a kbox and a mini subtank. Instantly hooked. That was the first time i felt satisfied with the quanity and quality of vapor. Haven't looked back. That was in april of 15'. Since, I have upgraded to the new subbox mini with great success. So yes now. And honestly I haven't felt better. No more wheezing and coughing for hours when i get up in the morning. No more getting winded walking my dogs. Heck i even feel good enough to chase my wife around now. Lol. Thanks for reading.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread