Yihi SX350J Technology Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Could you please provide some details for the girl wearing the dunce cap in the corner of the electronics/physics class? What I taste in temperature is in no way reflected in what I see the screen is showing as temperature. I'm thoroughly confused about what I have been experiencing with my SX Mini and why.
oh! one more thing. do try watching the temperature when you vape. on many occasions I have seen the SXJ flat out exceed the set temp by 30-40 degrees or more. so it might be feeling hotter because it IS hotter lol

Eric Auer

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
PA
just because you don't want to believe it doesn't invalidate my observations. you could try to prove it wrong with evidence of your own.

So I Asked you a simple question :Show us.
And your reply was: nah. you can take my word or not.

I commented: Science at work here people....

And your reply is that I have to prove you wrong?

Really?

Ok....

Eric

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
So I Asked you a simple question :Show us.
And your reply was: nah. you can take my word or not.

I commented: Science at work here people....

And your reply is that I have to prove you wrong?

Really?

Ok....

Eric

you don't have to. i'm just not going to do anything other than report my observations, with as much or as little detail as i see fit. if someone asks for more, i may or may not provide it, at my discretion.

same holds true for everyone. we all do this at our discretion and if we don't have the time or inclination to do a video, then we are under no obligation to do so.

i provide you the information i have and it's yours to take or leave.

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
In some applications, the British thermal unit (Btu) is used to express energy. One Btu is equivalent to approximately 1055 joules.

Lol! The BTU. Havent seen that for a few years. The most non-SI unit ever invented..

The amount of heat needed to raise 1lb of water through 1deg F..

Those were the days!

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
How are you supposed to calibrate accurately if its just a ball park figure of 'room temp'
My house temp varies massively through out the day/year from below 10c to above 25c

As long as the mod and the coil are the same temp, calibration can be achieved. The mod just needs a reference point, then it can calculate what the temperature is supposed to be. Evolv does it by normalizing to a standard temperature, which allows comparison of resistances across situations. As far as I can tell, Yihi does it to whatever temperature you calibrate it at, which doesn't allow comparison of resistances between any two calibrations.

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
As long as the mod and the coil are the same temp, calibration can be achieved. The mod just needs a reference point, then it can calculate what the temperature is supposed to be. Evolv does it by normalizing to a standard temperature, which allows comparison of resistances across situations. As far as I can tell, Yihi does it to whatever temperature you calibrate it at, which doesn't allow comparison of resistances between any two calibrations.
tanks dr g . I will have to pull one of my mods apart and probe the board and the coil to see if they are at similar temps once left standing

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
Ok lol. All I'm seeing is opinion based debates. If you want to prove something, use facts. I have some opinions on my experience.

I like the sx350j more because of the menu options. I love the presets. It's easier for me to navigate than the dna 40. I can leave the device unlocked and not worry about power changes or accidental firing because of the buttons being almost flush and the amount of force needed to press the buttons. This is my opinion. Some may prefer the dna 40 menus. Everyone is different. I'm not going to convince a dna 40 lover to like the sx board more if they can't like it more. It's like trying to make an atheist believe God. It's just not going to happen.

I have wonderful experiences with the squape r. The non conductive coating is not an issue, the center 510 pin is. I've stuffed a few strands from silicone wire between the threads and bam, no more resistance fluctuations. I run 28 guage ni200 at 6 wraps getting me at .075 ohms and it's perfect for me. Running it at 13-15j is awesome. But that's for me. I love the fact that I can switch between 13j and 15j with ease. I tend to vape at 13j in the morning. I've only seen it go past my set 420°f to 425°f at the most, and that's at the end of the week when my coil is all gunked up. My only gripe about this mod is that it chews threw batteries a little quicker than the dna 40. My battery lasts me all day and into the morning anyways and then I change it out before I go to work. This is my experience and your results may vary because everyone vapes differently.

If you don't like the sx350 mini j, why are you in this thread? In other words, If you're an Atheist, why are you going to church?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Good Morning :)

As this Sub is for the discussions of Purchased items from a Manufacturer, let's keep the topic of the "board" to those items...

If you wish to discuss this "board" in reference to something you are building you will need to take it to the Modding Forum.

Discussions of home made items do not belong in APV Discussion, they belong in the Modding Forum

And...the continued disruptions of threads will stop now.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: You all need to be listening to when Staff warns - ENOUGH !!

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
  • Deleted by classwife

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
  • Deleted by classwife

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
  • Deleted by classwife

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
  • Deleted by classwife

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
  • Deleted by classwife

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
  • Deleted by classwife

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I only use pre-made nickel coils..my comparison of DNA vs, J board (or any other boards) would be off topic as this thread is about the more technical aspect of the J board... The posts, I think, should only address the J board and not other boards such as the clone boards or the dna boards...there are threads for those.... just my thoughts. I will post my thoughts on the J board when I choose to post them.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Cool, so when you receive your SX TL device and test it I look forward to your feedback.
Learning this new forum footprint.... how did ya get the "lurking" displayed below your avatar?

I think this thread is about the board (chip) and not about any given device.

Last edited:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I support the site with annual donations so I am allowed to change my mood. I guess it's one of the benefits of being a supporting member.

I mostly lurk but I should probably change it to something more appropriate today. What do you think retird, maybe naughty. I have to check and see if that one is on the list ;)

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I support the site with annual donations so I am allowed to change my mood. I guess it's one of the benefits of being a supporting member.

I mostly lurk but I should probably change it to something more appropriate today. What do you think retird, maybe naughty. I have to check and see if that one is on the list ;)

Nope... not naughty.... kinda cute.... thx for the info...we all lurk in threads to learn things and see how others feel about a device/juice/atty/ and etc. and post there also...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread