Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
strange. I never noticed an o ring in the top cap, but when I have it all together and block the air hole... Complete vacume. So it's not that. The coil is directly over the air hole and about 2.5 mm. If I have the top off, and fill... It leaks all over the place. Screwing on the top... Still leaks. Block the air hole. Complete vacume. It's getting a little frustrating.i have it sitting in the bathroom sink leaking away just now.
Are you using human lung power to determine that the tank is not leaking air? If so, I'm wondering if there might be a leak too small to detect that way, but still large enough for joose to leak.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
strange. I never noticed an o ring in the top cap, but when I have it all together and block the air hole... Complete vacume. So it's not that. The coil is directly over the air hole and about 2.5 mm. If I have the top off, and fill... It leaks all over the place. Screwing on the top... Still leaks. Block the air hole. Complete vacume. It's getting a little frustrating.i have it sitting in the bathroom sink leaking away just now.

Is it the Kayfun type? Looking at that one, why arre you filling from the top? isn't there a fill screw in the bottom?

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Weren't you looking for luer lock needles with caps the other day? This isn't them, but might be workable.
Clear Plastic Needle Drip Tip for Dripping E Liquid Bottle Kayfun Refill | eBay

Thanks for pointing out another option.

Ken, when filling w/ the top open keep your finger over the air hole while filling and until you get the top cap screwed back on. That should eliminate the juice flowing out the air hole.

As to juice coming out the air hole during 'use'. Sounds like it's over-wicking for some reason. Can you up the V or W to 'burn' more juice on each draw or perhaps open up the air flow so you don't 'create' as much 'vacuum pull' on each draw.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Are you using human lung power to determine that the tank is not leaking air? If so, I'm wondering if there might be a leak too small to detect that way, but still large enough for joose to leak.
I have pretty strong lungs these days... but I'm sure that isn't it.

Is it the Kayfun type? Looking at that one, why arre you filling from the top? isn't there a fill screw in the bottom?
because I use my syringes to mix with. :) hate having to clean it out just because I used it to fill a device.

Thanks for pointing out another option.

Ken, when filling w/ the top open keep your finger over the air hole while filling and until you get the top cap screwed back on. That should eliminate the juice flowing out the air hole.

As to juice coming out the air hole during 'use'. Sounds like it's over-wicking for some reason. Can you up the V or W to 'burn' more juice on each draw or perhaps open up the air flow so you don't 'create' as much 'vacuum pull' on each draw.
funny you should say that...
last night before bed, I caught a stray thought that when I filled it the first time, I had my finger on the air hole... tried that and guess what? no leaks overnight. o_O
I'm thinking that it kept leaking from normal physics... once a path is established, it gets followed by the juice.
it's all in the details, I guess. :matrix:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I 'lost' my subscribed forums w/ the move. To add them back go to the forum, then at the top of the list of forum posts there's a link to subscribe to the forum.
Thanks for this! I never did figure out how to sub to forums on the old ECF, so I just did bookmarks with them. lol People would tell me, I would get a place that said to subscribe, but they never seemed to be there. Ok, well just tried this, and I'm getting errors trying to go to the forums from the forum suppliers link, so will have to wait for this to come up or try another way.

I see the mood Mester now.

I can see y'alls moods now too.

That button to start at last post is hard to hit.

Ken, I haven't had to click that tiny round button to go to the last post, Whenever I just open using the title of the thread, it automatically takes me to my last read post.

two are vaping and my husband is whispering, "A vapor in the what?"

Got a call from Sloth today and we're meeting at a vape shop that opened near my parent's place.

hehehe Only ones I've seen were a g/f of mine but we saw each other at a funeral, and ones at a vape shop I went into. Not sure it counts when you go to the "waterin hole" to find em. lol Huge hugs to sloth!!!

Just a protank mini 3 going to give mum a try and see if its any good for her. Have to try and get past the " I'm happy with what I have and don't want to change" she says for most things. Yet those ce4 are well very meh.
Though I did order another one from a store over here yesterday.

That's great your mom vapes and you can help her with it!!! I know we always want folks to have the best, but it's also great if she's happy with what she has! But yeah I agree, those are not good. However, they worked for me for a short while, and were infinitely better than cartos!!!

tried that and guess what? no leaks overnight.

Wahoooooooo!! Glad you got it working. Don't know much about those, but I do recall folks saying something about thumb over the hole, to a certain point, then flipping and releasing thumb or something. Dunno if those are for KF's or KF-likes, or both

good to see ya legs!!!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Yeah, it's small, and in some of the clones (even some of the early EHPros!) it was NOT captive, so easy to get loose and/or lost. Or mis-aligned. But from below, you seem to have found the problem, so all's good!

Now a little pic of your avatar is put in the bottom right corner of the OP's pic when you post on that thread.

My GUESS? Just a little hint that you're subscribed to that thread. Maybe. :cry:

If a 3.1 base, it's a side fill with a tiny spring loaded ball to close it off. I have a couple of those, and the plastic needle tip bottles don't work well. I top fill those. Like Ken, hate to "dirty" up a clean syringe just to fill a topper.

I have pretty strong lungs these days... but I'm sure that isn't it.

because I use my syringes to mix with. :) hate having to clean it out just because I used it to fill a device.

funny you should say that...
last night before bed, I caught a stray thought that when I filled it the first time, I had my finger on the air hole... tried that and guess what? no leaks overnight. o_O
I'm thinking that it kept leaking from normal physics... once a path is established, it gets followed by the juice.
it's all in the details, I guess. :matrix:

The devil is in the details :evil:

If top filling without covering the air intake, gravity will do what it does. Once the channel is wet the surface tension inside is lowered, so yup, normal physics. I've found that a pipe cleaner to dry out that intake can be really helpful for those times when I forget to cover the intake...:)

Glad you got it sorted out! :thumb:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
My GUESS? Just a little hint that you're subscribed to that thread. Maybe. :cry:
Your mini-avatar appears on the forum display if you've ever responded to the thread. For example, if you go to the "General Vaping Discussion" topic list, you will see your mini-avatar to the left of "Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch Part Three", since at some point you submitted a response (or two) to that topic.

I can't remember whether it was Deb or Ken who pointed that out to me. If it wasn't one or the other of them it was somebody else. :thumbs:

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I finished the Forum Suppliers list-- there were so many that I had not done business with and had no interest in, that it was difficult to scroll down and find what I was looking for. I put them on ignore, and now the limited list is nice and uncluttered. Since there is an option for forums I ignore, that is not a problem for the unchosen. :cool:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Good Morning all. I'm glad this is back I was starting to have shakes and nightmare. Sheesh. Man this SX is great. Thinking of getting rid of a new Provari V2.5 and an authentic KFL+V2 so I can afford another. So far I dont see a big diff in this software but I don't really know the ins and outs of it yet.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Good Morning all. I'm glad this is back I was starting to have shakes and nightmare. Sheesh. Man this SX is great. Thinking of getting rid of a new Provari V2.5 and an authentic KFL+V2 so I can afford another. So far I dont see a big diff in this software but I don't really know the ins and outs of it yet.
Really glad you're liking it. I see a ton of differences, in how you do things, and where they are located. A lot of things are far easier now! Hopefully some things that aren't will be soon as they continue to tweak

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Really glad you're liking it. I see a ton of differences, in how you do things, and where they are located. A lot of things are far easier now! Hopefully some things that aren't will be soon as they continue to tweak

I was kinda lost at first but now that I have spent some time here I find it easier to do a lot of stuff. I know the bright white is a problem for lots of folks but for me it was just a matter of dimming the brightness of my screen.

Change can be hard but I kinda think this change will end up all for the better.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I was kinda lost at first but now that I have spent some time here I find it easier to do a lot of stuff. I know the bright white is a problem for lots of folks but for me it was just a matter of dimming the brightness of my screen.

Change can be hard but I kinda think this change will end up all for the better.
Jup. for me it's not the brightness, don't like it when I lower the brightness on my monitor, I suppose it's the contrast. the blue was much easier on the eyes. But am glad that we'll be able to pick some other colors later when they get that working.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I got some VAPEMAIL today.its a Smowell DPV-50
Cons.... It has a "replacable battery" but you have to undo the two screws at the bottom to get it in, and it's a bit difficult to take them out, and a bit more pressing down on the cover to get them back in.
... It does not fit the or tropics battery.
... The battery compartment is wholly open to the controller board
... It is 100% aluminum.
Pros.... It's very lightweight(1/3 as heavy as my k-fun style atomizer)
... It's stable enough to sit with no problems with the aforementioned atomizer on it
... The blue is really blue. Not power blue, sky blue, etc.
... 5 clicks off and it says ":) goodbye!". (Simpler smiley, but it smiles)
... 5 click on and it says ":) Welcome!".
... Easy to change the watts in 0.1 increments
... Displays battery life, resistance, power, and watts
... Has a charging cable so you don't have to replace battery all the time
... Grip Chanel's on the side so it doesn't slip out of the hand
... Will fit small to medium-large hands with no issues.
Here is a pic with it next to an American quarter so you can get an idea of size
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread