Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Yep, we're down to 33 here tonight and it was in the mid 40s today.

brrrrrrrr that's nuts. The other day was talking to someone in Michigan and it was snowing there.

My Big Grin has always been green.

same here, that one confused me too.

Thanks for the info! I leave Monday out of Houston. I'll be in Ethiopia for 10 days at a Bible school then spending a couple of days in Frankfurt on the way back. I get to see a girl I haven't seen in years, I was her mentor in Discipleship Training School. I'm very excited!!!

We're sure gonna miss ya, but so happy for you, hope you have a safe, wonderful, life changing experience!! Hugsssssss

So, I want to tell you how awful it is to watch a 4 month old baby have double ear infections!! Poor Miles. He had 102 fever at daycare on Wed. He was such a trooper though and I'm pleased to say he's back to his old happy self today!

oh dear. My son had that at 4.5 mos old, ear infection in both ears, eye infection in both eyes. Poor thing was in the hospital for 2 days in isolation cuz they thought he had meningitis. Luckily he didn't, but the Dr was convinced he did, cuz he didn't even make a sound during the spinal tap they did. She'd try to bend his head up and his whole upper body came up. Luckily a few days later he was fine. But so scary for me as a new mama.

Yep, that one's cute and I stole it, but it's not the one that came in the standard selection. This one will do, Thanks Iffy!

gonna try this to see if it works, if it does, I just typed facepalm with a colon before and one after. If it doesn't work, disregard this. :facepalm:

I was hangin' out there with Deb and Runamok. We were all in the ECF forum too.

jup it was great! Really helped a ton that we could help each other figure out where stuff was on the new forum!

So is trying to figure out what the heck is going on with post order. Like when I post this, it's gonna show up on the bottom of this page, followed by "new" posts - that are older than this one...? Anyone else notice things like that? Posts used to be in strict date/time order. Now I can't figure out what it's doing here with order sequence of "new" posts.

It's still chronological, but after you post, if you then click, view first unread it will take you up to the first one that was posted while you were typing. Kinda neat after I figured it out. Was annoying me at first, cuz it was taking me to stuff I had read. But now I see it's designed for those posts that came in while you were typing. Matt, does this make sense to you too, cuz I see you also asked about it.

So you can see a stream of 50 likes for your Porch messages - and have no idea what posts(s) people are actually responding to unless you click on the individual likes. You want to see what people are liking, not just a big pile.

bells gave a great answer, hope you saw that and that answered you're question about this.

To those few I chatted with on Hangout...it was a delight to talk to all of you.

I do not like this bright white. Hopefully, we'll get some color soon.:)

So great to talk to you too hun!! Jup, and so glad that Fran confirmed we'll be getting color themes soon. Hope they have a purply one!!

Running in to say hello to friends old & new. Plopping down on porch steps to rest as these old legs ain't what they used to be. I hope the new software will be a bit easier on my data allowance. Needless to say, I have a whole lotta catching up to do. Have missed you all!

Hiya Kat!!! wb

They will have a darker skin. Still working on it.

So glad to hear this was hopin for it! and wb!! good to see ya.

on these multiquote things......have y'all noticed that you can quote from one thread to another?? Works great if someone asks a ? and you had seen the answer on another thread, you can go to that thread, add it to +quotes and have it show up here. It can be bad, if like me, you have each thread open in a different tab. I was reading through many pages here, clicked several +quotes, but stopped to go check a thread I'd already read through, did a +quote there to new responses, and all my +quotes from here showed up!! lol But I just had to highlight and delete them from the text box.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
WOW, Kat and Fran on da porch at da same time! Glad to 'see' ya'll
thumbsup.gif

Now... would luv to hear from Jewels!!! <sigh>

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Wunder if they're going to put back the "where yer frum, how long ya bin hear thingy".

It's there, but you click on their avatar and a pop up box comes up with all that in it. Now it shows the date you joined, not just month and year.

@Iffy, I missed you and Mike and Janet in the vid chat, so we're gonna have to do anudder one! Wanna get to talk to y'all! Glad folks enjoyed it!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Haven't found how you change da mood bar yet. Then again... actually kinda weird anywho.
Gary, unless it is something that will happen later, I think only supporting members can change them. Someone said that was confirmed on the tips/tricks thread, but I haven't gotten caught up on that one yet.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's there, but you click on their avatar and a pop up box comes up with all that in it. Now it shows the date you joined, not just month and year.
Yup. Lotta stuph iz here, just have to jump thru hoops to get to it. I thot it was kinda neat to have it right there in front of you.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Fran, when you say the quote stuff is confusing, did you mean my long +quote, or how you do the +quotes? If it's how you do them, there is a great video showing how to do it on the xenforo tips and tricks thread. It's odd getting used to it, but I love how they work now. If it was about mine, woopsy, sorry bout dat. :)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Wunder if they're going to put back the "where yer frum, how long ya bin hear thingy".

It's been brought up in the Tips thread, so, maybe....

Gary, unless it is something that will happen later, I think only supporting members can change them. Someone said that was confirmed on the tips/tricks thread, but I haven't gotten caught up on that one yet.

Yep, supporting members only.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No biggie. I'm generally in no mood anywho! :D
(How did they know?)

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida

@Iffy, I missed you and Mike and Janet in the vid chat, so we're gonna have to do anudder one! Wanna get to talk to y'all! Glad folks enjoyed it!
I plan on being in the chat in about 3 hours from posting this message... Just gotta get my late afternoon nap in :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread