Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
@ "Awsum" - I hear Ya' and fully understand, being a "curmudgeon" myself . . . However, I actually have been taking the time to re-read a number of post to figure some things out and the rest is just trial & error for now . . . :facepalm:

BTW: There were a couple of links just posted in that thread to other websites that had a really basic user's guide how to navigate through this . . . I saved the PDF's so anyone wanting or needing them send a "Conversation" . . . ;)

I was referring to whatever Uncle sent you in his "@". Cindy covered the traditional quote.

Didn't send anything really - just an "Alert" that she was "Tagged" (like they do on FB) . . . :facepalm:

I can't use Tapatalk at all. :(

NOPE - AND, Nor will a lot of people be able to either, especially since it seems ECF would rather people just use this interface . . . Just "Like" awsum said (quoted him below) too . . . ;)

From the Xen Foro thread, aka Xen Foro commercial, Tap-a-Talk doesn't support/handle some of the "features" of Xen Foro so it will be "up in the air" for a while and may never land.

Oh, I'm here eating Breakfast Spaghetti (regular spaghetti with an egg cracked in the middle), from lack of anything else to eat. :laugh: I like breakfast pizza, so figured why not? Actually not too bad....maybe cuz I'm really hungry!

If I maybe so bold to suggest - look up "Frittatas" on the Internet. . . They are an Old Italian dish, that is very similar to what Ya' ate, however "You" will find a lot more recipes that I think "You" might enjoy and can have anytime during the day too . . .:D

Yeah, but that has a different meaning than the one without the flapping tongue. :lol:

Here Ya' Go . . .
icon_razz.gif

AND - Then this one also . . .
icon_stickout_tongue.gif

Also - One for those Duh or Facepalm Moments . . .
th_smiley_emoticons_doh.gif

Ya' might be able to find a couple more to use here: Smilies - Geezer Forums or even here: Browse Art - DeviantArt

Oh, maybe it's a Supporting Member perk! Oh well...

YEP - Along with a few other perks too . . . :(

I see some people have their feedback rating under their avatar but most people don't. I don't get it. ???

Those that be - Say it is going to take time, but everyone will have there "Stuff" back eventually . . . :)

Only supporting members can change their mood. Yesterday, only supporting members had moods - now everyone has one, but only supporting members can change them.

Or - Actually have a "MOOD" for people to see, instead of just "reading" their post . . . NOT FARE (especially since I am not a "Supporting Member" any longer) . . . :censored: (Insert Smiley Child Having Tantrum Here)

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Actually have a "MOOD" for people to see, instead of just "reading" their post . . . NOT FARE (especially since I am not a "Supporting Member" any longer) . . . :censored: (Insert Smiley Child Having Tantrum Here)

I do love this highlight and reply feature though. It makes replies so easy. But yea - they should not give no mood buttons to non supporting members - just leave it off except for the supporting members...

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
If I maybe so bold to suggest - look up "Frittatas" on the Internet. . . They are an Old Italian dish, that is very similar to what Ya' ate, however "You" will find a lot more recipes that I think "You" might enjoy and can have anytime during the day too.
Oh, I do make and love frittatas and quiche, but today I only had a bowl of spaghetti and one egg left. :laugh: Seriously, no other food in the house.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I do love this highlight and reply feature though. It makes replies so easy. But yea - they should not give no mood buttons to non supporting members - just leave it off except for the supporting members...
Yeah, it's kinda rude. And suddenly I feel like I'm being strong-armed into donating and I don't even have enough money to survive right now. :(

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Oh, I do make and love frittatas and quiche, but today I only had a bowl of spaghetti and one egg left. :laugh: Seriously, no other food in the house.

SO BEEN THERE & DONE THAT ! ! !

Just Glad to know it wasn't just a bag of "Ramen Noodles" and an Egg . . . NOT GOOD ! ! !
yuk.gif
'

Yeah, it's kinda rude. And suddenly I feel like I'm being strong-armed into donating and I don't even have enough money to survive right now. :(

Don't let it get to Ya' . . . That's one of the reasons why I am no longer a "Supporting Member" - No Extra Money . . . As for not having anything else to eat :ohmy: - No Food Baskets/Shares - near/where "You" live . . . :?:

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
SO BEEN THERE & DONE THAT ! ! !

Just Glad to know it wasn't just a bag of "Ramen Noodles" and an Egg . . . NOT GOOD ! ! !
yuk.gif
'
haha been there too! :laugh:
But thankfully, I'm learning more and more how to cook, so upgraded my ramen to spaghetti.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Can anyone explain what "points" are and why we need them?

It's just a "fun" thing. You get points for posting, starting a post and a bunch of other things I can't remember. Get enough points and I believe you get a trophy. Big whoopy! :rolleyes:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I dunno, I've been posting away and my points haven't gone up at all. I will say the change has sure quieted things down quite a bit. Maybe that will change with some more time. I'm sort of getting used to it, but hate a few things I've noticed today.

The forty posts per page is a pain. If you miss the last post on a page and have to go back a page to read the last few comments there it means scrolling through thirty-five or so posts to get there.

If you see a thread you want to look at in "watched forums" and click on it, you end up at the last post in that thread which can be many pages of posts from the beginning. If I remember correctly that's exactly the opposite of the old ECF.

Incidentally, "Legends and Lies" on Fox is a pretty interesting look at the Old West.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Okay - I just posted this elsewhere, however I thought I would share it here to for those that might be interested . . .

OP from other thread:

What I think is actually being asked is about what is Here: Trophies | E-Cigarette Forum

AND - Possibly why points are awarded, which I found out is for certain "Milestone" people have reached while being an ECF Member . . . Very Similar to being either a just a "Member", "Senior Member", "ECF Guru", etc . . .

Also - If "You" check the Link to Members here: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/

"You" can see that it will also allow other member's to see how active or "popular" a person is with ECF under the tabs for ECF's "Notable Members" and their ranking on ECF . . .

BTW: All of this information can be found ECF Help here: Help | E-Cigarette Forum

Including some interesting information about Smilies, BB Codes, etc. too . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
If you see a thread you want to look at in "watched forums" and click on it, you end up at the last post in that thread which can be many pages of posts from the beginning. If I remember correctly that's exactly the opposite of the old ECF.

FYI: Really Tiny Itty Bitty Button at the front of the Thread Title will take "You" to the first unread post in the thread . . . Also if other people have posted, while "You" are writing a post and then submit it, "You" will automatically be brought to the first Unread message in that particular thread too . . . As just what has been done and why I am seeing and replying to "Your" post now . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
The forty posts per page is a pain. If you miss the last post on a page and have to go back a page to read the last few comments there it means scrolling through thirty-five or so posts to get there.

Are you sure you are seeing 40 posts per page? This new forum is suppose to only allow 20 posts per page and that's what I'm seeing.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
PS, I hate that the "home" key doesn't work if you post a reply. I got used to using that instead of "top" in the old software when that didn't really take you to the top of the page and now have to learn to use the "top" button in the thread again.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Maybe I'm blind in my olde age, Uncle, but I sure don't see an "itty bitty" buttons when I look at a thread in "watched forums".

Sorry to say - It is "OLD AGE", because it is there . . . If "You" look at the Title of "Chit Chat in Voltville" it will show what looks like to be a very small period about half the size of the lettering between the Title and the 2 Avatar's over lapping each other (The first larger one is "Imagine's" and the second smaller one is "YOU") . . . That is what "You" can either click on or "right-click" to open in another Window and then be brought to the first unread message . . . Hope that helps Ya' OLD MAN ! ! ! ;)

(If not - Ya' may NEED a better pair of reading glasses "My" Friend . . .
troubled-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif
)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sorry to say - It is "OLD AGE", because it is there . . . If "You" look at the Title of "Chit Chat in Voltville" it will show what looks like to be a very small period about half the size of the lettering between the Title and the 2 Avatar's over lapping each other (The first larger one is "Imagine's" and the second smaller one is "YOU") . . . That is what "You" can either click on or "right-click" to open in another Window and then be brought to the first unread message . . . Hope that helps Ya' OLD MAN ! ! ! ;)

(If not - Ya' may NEED a better pair of reading glasses "My" Friend . . .
troubled-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif
)

I tried my jewelers loupe and see nada either on this page, the first page or anywhere else. That makes me wonder if it has to do with screen resolution or graphics drivers. Maybe I'll check on my desktop with the latest, greatest, whizz bang, card and driver.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I tried my jewelers loupe and see nada either on this page, the first page or anywhere else. That makes me wonder if it has to do with screen resolution or graphics drivers. Maybe I'll check on my desktop with the latest, greatest, whizz bang, card and driver.

Maybe I can help... Today I was messing around with my Firefox setting and my graphic driver settings trying to make the display less white and easier on the eyes. I changed a lot of things - only made it worse - those small buttons in front of the watched threads actually disappeared with one of the things I tried. Cannot be sure which one it was since I changed so many, but it was one of the options where I told Firefox to only use its preloaded colors and not what was being sent by the Website - that one was a big error - the colors got worst and some things disappeared - including the little buttons you do not see.

Do not know if that will help, but hope it does...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread