Status
Not open for further replies.

rhammer186

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
NY
I searched this forum and this thread but cannot find anything related to the horrible loud noise of the GS Air. Has anyone figured out a way to reduce it?

I find that the tighter the airflow the louder the 'whistle' is. Thankfully I dont have this issue on the M!!

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
Zurd, several other people have mentioned this, but I've been using the Air for quite awhile now and have never had the issue. Where do you have your airflow set at?

Tried without the screw, barely screwed, halfway screwed and completely screwed. So I tried every position, the noise is still quite loud at every position.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I find that the tighter the airflow the louder the 'whistle' is. Thankfully I dont have this issue on the M!!

That's probably why I never had the problem. On the regular Air, I've always left it wide open. On the M, I have it dialed down quite a bit, and it doesn't have a loud whistle either.

rhammer186

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
NY
Tried without the screw, barely screwed, halfway screwed and completely screwed. So I tried every position, the noise is still quite loud at every position.

My regular GS-Air definitely has a whistle even at the most open setting, but nothing compared to when its mostly closed.

Last edited:

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
They do tend to be a bit noisy, air flow design I think...
Vaping_zps3bb2d0f8.gif

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
and an MS arrived today, again from SV. oh my golly is she ever so cute! I definitely need more of each size. loving the rebuilt coils, too.

A-r-r-r-gh!
I had about talked myself out of the MS! Now I want one again...poo.

How are you rebuilding? Ohms, wicking, and liner?

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
A-r-r-r-gh!

Not me. I want more M's - lots and lots of them. These things are absolutely amazing. I can't believe the flavor from the stock coil. And I'm still vaping on it 13 days later and it tastes as fresh as brand new. I'm never going to get a nice pile of coils to rebuild at this rate! :D

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
A-r-r-r-gh!

followed your video! using 28g, 8 top wraps comes to 1.2ohms every time. went to the dollar store and picked up the liner, and of course rayon wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread