Miss vaping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinknugget

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Philadelphia,Pa
I quit smoking to start vaping and have never once missed smoking. A little over a month ago I quit vaping all together after two years of slowly working my nicotine level down from 36mg to 0mg.

I quit vaping at zero milligrams of nicotine and never experienced nicotine withdrawal symptoms.

I guess these would all be good things except for the fact that I miss vaping. Multiple times a day since I quit the thought of having a vape pops in my head and just as soon as it does this weird feeling of loss follows as I realize I no longer vape. I would think by now these feeling would have subsided but they have not.

I wouldn't think much of it but since quitting I have gained 10lbs, have little to no energy, find myself easily frustrated and worst of all have found myself drinking a lot more than normal (which is probably why I gained 10lbs anyway). A huge part of me just wants to go back to vaping.

I guess my question is, Did anyone else quit vaping and experience weird side effects from quitting? If so, how long did it take you to feel normal again?

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
I wouldn't think much of it but since quitting I have gained 10lbs, have little to no energy, find myself easily frustrated and worst of all have found myself drinking a lot more than normal (which is probably why I gained 10lbs anyway). A huge part of me just wants to go back to vaping.

And none of these popped up while vaping 0mg? It's only since stopping all vaping? And, why must you not vape 0mg?

Reactions: EleanorR

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Been vaping for a bit over 3 months. No cigs for 3 months. Down to 6 mg nic and will probably not drop much below that.
I have NO plans to quit vaping unless a better substitute comes along.

One of the strongest urges to have a cig cam about a few days ago. Was using a Bic lighter to anneal some Kanthal and suddenly had a STRONG urge to smoke a cig. The mind is a strange thing. I quickly pulled out a clearo full of 12 mg tobacco flavored juice and survived the urge. That is why I keep the 12 mg tobacco flavored juice around.

Reactions: EleanorR

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I've often wondered if I would continue to vape after I reach Zero nic. I am getting close to zero in the three months I have vaped. The thing is I really enjoy the vape flavor, and the 30 year habit of having something in my hands is probably tougher right now than the nicotine desire (I'm now at 3mg most of the time). I will probably keep my vape handy when I reach complete zero.

Stinknugget

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Philadelphia,Pa
And none of these popped up while vaping 0mg? It's only since stopping all vaping? And, why must you not vape 0mg?

I didn't vape 0mg's for long though (two weeks maybe). There was no throat hit and the flavors seemed too "sugary" for lack of a better word. But I didn't notice any difference.

My fiancé is pregnant and is unable to consume nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, high sodium foods, {Other Stuff}... you know, all the stuff that makes life worth living. Being that there are many unknowns about the long term effects of vaping, let alone the effects of vaping during pregnancy, we decided to err on the side of caution and quit. After a week she was back to her normal self.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: four2109

Stinknugget

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Philadelphia,Pa
I've often wondered if I would continue to vape after I reach Zero nic. I am getting close to zero in the three months I have vaped. The thing is I really enjoy the vape flavor, and the 30 year habit of having something in my hands is probably tougher right now than the nicotine desire (I'm now at 3mg most of the time). I will probably keep my vape handy when I reach complete zero.

I really didn't like the taste of any juice without nicotine. I noticed a huge difference between 0mg and 2mg. I tried a bunch of 0mg and experienced the same with all. No sensation of throat hit at all. Juices were either too sweet or bitter and I always had that weird "filmy" taste in my mouth like when you were a kid and at entirely too much Halloween candy at once. Hard to describe.

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
Baker, MT
I really didn't like the taste of any juice without nicotine. I noticed a huge difference between 0mg and 2mg. I tried a bunch of 0mg and experienced the same with all. No sensation of throat hit at all. Juices were either too sweet or bitter and I always had that weird "filmy" taste in my mouth like when you were a kid and at entirely too much Halloween candy at once. Hard to describe.
I cant go less than 12. Too much flavor and not enough throat hit.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
That's interesting. A couple of years ago, I switched to 100%VG and had a similar experience. I just put it down. I was still using nic, but it just didn't matter. It was short lived though. Within a month I was smoking analogs again and then back to vaping with PG.
It really does make me wonder what it is I really crave.

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
Baker, MT
That's interesting. A couple of years ago, I switched to 100%VG and had a similar experience. I just put it down. I was still using nic, but it just didn't matter. It was short lived though. Within a month I was smoking analogs again and then back to vaping with PG.
It really does make me wonder what it is I really crave.
I'm after the throat hit. With most liquid I don't even care about the flavor, as long as I get the throat hit without the overly peppery taste. In a good brand that uses quality nic, I can't taste or feel any difference between 12 all the way up to 30. Now with 30 I feel other side effects like light headedness and nausea, but as far as taste, makes no difference. Lol.

Once I get below 12 though, I lose all sensation of throat hit.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

I vape mostly no-nic juice and for the most part I know what you mean. There is no TH however flavors come through cleaner and I don't get that 'filmy' thing happening. I vape a bit of nic once in a while and that satisfies me. I almost quit vaping about a year ago, but I didn't and I don't regret it. Now that's just me and my experience and though it's working for me, YMMV.

We're all different and what works for one of use might not work for the next person. If vaping would keep me from drinking I would probably vape for a while longer until I figured that out. IMO the highest risk part of vaping is the flavors, so if you can get by with unflavored nic juice you're pretty safe. Add a bit of menthol and you've got a bit of flavor if you need it.

We are all our own experiment. Best of luck with it Stinknugget :)

Reactions: DC2

WickedSick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2011
USA
For a while I tried living without vaping and I also gained weight ... a lot of weight for a very short period, so after considering my options decided that better than quitting vaping and leaving an incredible hobby I should either vape e-liquid with no nicotine or a low nicotine one. Now I am vaping small dosages, I have lost the excess weight and have continued vaping happily :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread