Not new but decided to give up lurking

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmwalker24

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Little Elm, TX
Hello ECF! I first joined the forum way back in 2012 when I first started vaping. I was looking for answers to all the new vaper questions. This forum has been a valuable resource ever since. I've quit and started and quit quite a few times in the last 3 years, but now I'm off the smokes and I think it's a good time to start posting. My current go to vape setups are either an eleaf 50w or a Nemesis topped with a kayfun, Subtank, or the UD Goblin. I've been rebuilding for about 2 years now.

Hopefully the things I've learned can be of use to the community. I'm looking forward to being a more active participant.

dmwalker24

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Little Elm, TX
Welcome (back) dmwalker! Congrats. Make yourself at home. I hope Mrs. dmwalker sees the benefits of vaping over smoking. I'm a little over a year smoke-free now, and I can't believe it!

Thank you, and gratz to you too! Very excited to be involved in the discussion for a change! :w00t:

Reactions: DingerCPA

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Thank you, and gratz to you too! Very excited to be involved in the discussion for a change! :w00t:
Agree with you on that. This site is awesome cuz it has knowledgeable people interested in vaping, that like to talk about vaping. I don't have too many people around physically that enjoy talking about it. Am new to the site and it is one of my go tos for info and assistance. Really appreciate this site as I am new to advanced vaping (building coils, experimenting with different mechs). Wonder if there is a need for vape school? This site would be the curriculum!

dmwalker24

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Little Elm, TX
Agree with you on that. This site is awesome cuz it has knowledgeable people interested in vaping, that like to talk about vaping. I don't have too many people around physically that enjoy talking about it. Am new to the site and it is one of my go tos for info and assistance. Really appreciate this site as I am new to advanced vaping (building coils, experimenting with different mechs). Wonder if there is a need for vape school? This site would be the curriculum!

I couldn't agree more. I actually worry a bit about brand new vapers running out and grabbing a dual 18650 unregulated box mod, slapping some of these new 0.2 ohm coil heads on there with the cheapest batteries their local B&M had, and burning their house down. Even people rebuilding or using hybrid mods without ever having been made aware of the DIY do's and don'ts. There's also the public/government backlash against 'dangerous' products to consider.

I know where you're coming from about having other vapers to talk to. My wife is moderately interested in vaping, but not at all interested in new gear/rebuilding.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
That's funny, my fiancé is the same way. She will act interested when I buy a new device cuz she can tell I'm excited about it but loses interest very quickly. I got her a sigelei zmax mini with a kanger aerotank mini after she got used to her evod w/ protank 3 setup. She does enjoy that thing, and prefers it over my kanger subtank, rdas and rba.

I can't imagine not doing extensive research before jumping into vaping on anything. I was honestly a little scared of unregulated devices at first, but research and usage really got me comfortable with them. They were so damn attractive though, compared to my little 1100 MaH EVOD battery, I knew I would be vaping on them soon enough. Currently vaping on the sigelei little white 26650 mech with a bug buddha evil eye rba/rta by EHPro. Dual "parallel" coils coming in at .47 ohm. This thing is a beast.

dmwalker24

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Little Elm, TX
Nice setup. I just recently got into doing dual coil builds after getting my Goblin. I'm running a very mundane 26ga build reading ~0.6. It's a whole different animal. I'm still getting used to how duals handle power.

I think I may finally be getting my wife a bit more interested since I rebuilt a kayfun lite and filled it with her favorite liquid. I think she honestly felt she was getting quality flavor from things like iClear10's. Little by little I'm getting her to see just how much better it can be. I guess being the oncall Kayfun rebuilder is a small price to pay if I can get her off the smokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread