Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Debadoo how much time on average are you getting with your Reo and one battery ?
well, since it's a mech, I usually change batteries when it reaches about 3.9 that's when I typically notice it falls off. How long that takes is currently undergoing some changes, since my vaping has decreased recently. Also it will really depend on single or dual coils, how low your ohms are etc. Some folks a battery will last a day, some switch batteries 3x/day. Most have said that they find the aw imr 1600's to hold the 4.2 to 3.9 charge longer than other batts even the aw imr 2200's. I've found that to be true also, but the only other batt I've used is the pannies. Hope that helps some

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I worded that wrong this SX goes through a battery every 5-6hrs. I can now see the advantage of the tube they sell to add an extra battery. You can't turn it up any higher in Temp Control but would def extend the life. If you use it in Power you can go to 120w but I don't need that unless I need to jump start my car.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
well, since it's a mech, I usually change batteries when it reaches about 3.9 that's when I typically notice it falls off. How long that takes is currently undergoing some changes, since my vaping has decreased recently. Also it will really depend on single or dual coils, how low your ohms are etc. Some folks a battery will last a day, some switch batteries 3x/day. Most have said that they find the aw imr 1600's to hold the 4.2 to 3.9 charge longer than other batts even the aw imr 2200's. I've found that to be true also, but the only other batt I've used is the pannies. Hope that helps some

Thanks,,,, so your measuring it ?

Im using a mech here occasionally and Im not measuring the battery but it does seem to last just a day of casual use ( using reg mod mostly) before it does drop off quite a bit.
It is a low ohm build , was finding before a 0.6Ω did seem rather weak in vapour production.
Probably atty dependant as the goblin has the same resistance in it and using that on the reg mod at 30 watts which is showing 3.4v
So the goblin with this build on a mech mod with fresh battery would be harsh , yet the marquis with the same resistance is fine on mech with full battery.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
yeah, I have a thing that looks like this only it has just two leads + and - coming off it to check the battery. DC 0 30V 3 Wire Red LED Display Digital Voltage Voltmeter Panel Motor Motorcycle | eBay
I notice when it drops off, then i check it. If it's 3.9 or lower I swap the battery. If it's higher, I check to see what else is going on that is causing the vape to drop off. Maybe need to rewick/dryburn etc.

I have gotten to where I just change them every morning whether they need them or not. They usually last 1 1/2 days for me, but I got caught a few times out and about and the battery started to get low and the spare was in the car or back at the house - so changing them every morning prevents that problem...

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I have gotten to where I just change them every morning whether they need them or not. They usually last 1 1/2 days for me, but I got caught a few times out and about and the battery started to get low and the spare was in the car or back at the house - so changing them every morning prevents that problem...
they would last much longer if I let them discharge more. But I need the higher volts on the mech to keep up to the wattage that I want, since it can't be set.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
they would last much longer if I let them discharge more. But I need the higher volts on the mech to keep up to the wattage that I want, since it can't be set.

How long they last is not near as important as how well they work... They also say - not draining them as much, which is what you are doing will make them last much longer. Low drains followed by recharging them fully is the number 1 way to shorten their life...

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
How long they last is not near as important as how well they work... They also say - not draining them as much, which is what you are doing will make them last much longer. Low drains followed by recharging them fully is the number 1 way to shorten their life...
precisely!

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
It is called Zen because it is supposed to be intuitive. Well-- maybe---
It's hard to hear the sound of one hand clapping over all the booing. I look at it this way: by switching platforms, ECF accommodated an apparent widespread need to complain about things that are, in my opinion, trivial. Plus, I get to complain about people who complain.

On to another subject: there is a person or three here who likes the eLeaf iStick 30 Watt mod, isn't there? If so, is $42, shipping included, a decent price? I'm thinking of getting one.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
It's hard to hear the sound of one hand clapping over all the booing. I look at it this way: by switching platforms, ECF accommodated an apparent widespread need to complain about things that are, in my opinion, trivial. Plus, I get to complain about people who complain.

On to another subject: there is a person or three here who likes the eLeaf iStick 30 Watt mod, isn't there? If so, is $42, shipping included, a decent price? I'm thinking of getting one.
I have one and like it.

BacsiBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bethel, (SW) Ohio
www.theborkstore.com
I got some VAPEMAIL today.its a Smowell DPV-50
Cons.... It has a "replacable battery" but you have to undo the two screws at the bottom to get it in, and it's a bit difficult to take them out, and a bit more pressing down on the cover to get them back in.
... It does not fit the or tropics battery.
... The battery compartment is wholly open to the controller board
... It is 100% aluminum.
Pros.... It's very lightweight(1/3 as heavy as my k-fun style atomizer)
... It's stable enough to sit with no problems with the aforementioned atomizer on it
... The blue is really blue. Not power blue, sky blue, etc.
... 5 clicks off and it says ":) goodbye!". (Simpler smiley, but it smiles)
... 5 click on and it says ":) Welcome!".
... Easy to change the watts in 0.1 increments
... Displays battery life, resistance, power, and watts
... Has a charging cable so you don't have to replace battery all the time
... Grip Chanel's on the side so it doesn't slip out of the hand
... Will fit small to medium-large hands with no issues.
Here is a pic with it next to an American quarter so you can get an idea of size
View attachment 453143

I bought one thinking it would be a reasonably priced mod with which to play with sub ohming. I don't think I'm a cloud chaser but the mod is outstanding IMO. I ordered a second. It's shorter and lighter than an aluminum Vamo in 18350 mode and that makes it real pocket friendly.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

Not if ya can wait a lil' bit... $24.12

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Not if ya can wait a lil' bit... $24.12
Thanks! You have one (or more) and like it, yes?

And, since that's from Fasttech and it has a battery in it, are such shipments experiencing difficulties these days that anyone knows of?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thanks! You have one (or more) and like it, yes?

And, since that's from Fasttech and it has a battery in it, are such shipments experiencing difficulties these days that anyone knows of?

I lurk the FT thread, and it's been fixed. They worked out a different shipping method, and from what I'm reading overall it's been closer to 2 weeks than 2 months delivery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread