Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Well shoot sorry if I made some misinformation guess I was confused on which one it was lol. Either way it's working fine for me right now but then again it's been only 1 day.
I use mine every day, hasn't missed a beat since tightening that screw a bit.

Reactions: kteto

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
I use mine every day, hasn't missed a beat since tightening that screw a bit.
Luckily still haven't had to tighten that particular screw yet as it's still working flawlessly. Haven't touched my sigelei since unpacking this baby. I was amazed the my unit took my ....ty newb coil without an complaints or ohms jumping.

Vap3ster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Miami
Since I got mine 2 weeks ago it seems way underpowered. At 40 watts on any dual coil kanthal atty build it feels less powerful than the same atty on an ipv2 at 35 watts or ipv mini at 35 watts. I tried experimenting with .3 or .6 builds I haven't had any issues with tightening any screws or ohm readings but the power seems off like its unusually low. I suspect the gauge or wiring used is to small. Wish I could return it for a ipv mini

Last edited:

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
I had the opposite experience. On my IPV Mini I had to vape a half ohm build at 28w. For the same vape I dialed it down to 23.5w on the DNA40. When I compared the voltage readings on both devices at the same resistance and watts it was clear that the low end Yihi chip was not accurate. I'll take accuracy over a hotter inaccurate vape.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Sweet I have one on order from smog distribution so can't wait to get it in. Before this device and chip set I was never really into RTAs so I had a kayfun lite laying around with rarely any use to it. Set it up the other day and enjoyed it except for the super tight draw so I decided to get something else that has more airflow to it.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
For what it's worth I'd say so, been almost 2 weeks of constant use in TC mode. No issues with connectivity for me it seems moving back and forth from a RDA and VCT Mega w/ ni200 coils (not a fan of these but wanted to try em out). Recently I've been seeing HB DNA40 v2 popping up but I paid a bit more then most and went to vapordna.com for mine. As for them don't know if they had the v2 when I bought from them. All in all I'm loving this device as my new goto mod for daily use.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
So the general consensus for this mod is that its great for the price especially since they fixed the few issues it had? I have been researching for a few weeks about building my own DNA mod and I dont see how you could build one for what this one cost.

Buying the parts retail almost 90 bucks in the one I built...

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Buying the parts retail almost 90 bucks in the one I built...
I can see that especially when the chips are at most $60 right now. But for me who don't have that experience lol i'll gladly chip in a few extra bucks... well as long as the unit isnt a POS.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I can't see how you could build this mod for much less than $100. And honestly, while Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you probably can't make one look this clean in that price range. But building gives you something to do and a sense of accomplishment.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
:2c: I believe I've seen the sale of HB dna40 v2 which most likely has the physical fixes that the first had issues with. Since that is the case make sure that it is before pulling the trigger. :toast:

Ok just to make sure I wasnt blowing smoke (or vapor lol) up your $%$ I believe i'm incorrect... bah could of sworn I seen one.

maltbys25

Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
orlando fl usa
:2c: I believe I've seen the sale of HB dna40 v2 which most likely has the physical fixes that the first had issues with. Since that is the case make sure that it is before pulling the trigger. :toast:

Ok just to make sure I wasnt blowing smoke (or vapor lol) up your $%$ I believe i'm incorrect... bah could of sworn I seen one.

were have you seen them?

Noe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2011
Australia
First thanks to all the guys that contributed information, in this thread, for fixes & so on for the 1st batch of these, which HCigar obviously took notice of & corrected in the 2nd batch.

My HB40 arrived a couple of days ago, now I am certain it is not from the 1st batch but I am not certain if it is from the 2nd or possibly a 3rd batch or even a V1.5?
It has the HCigar logo on the front, with HCigar written under it, then has HB40 printed on the back plate, from what I understand the 2nd batch only has the logo on the front?
The neg leg from the battery is connected directly to the board.

I was having trouble with "Check Atomiser", which was intermittent, then constant & no matter what atty I used or tried it didn't change.
Also, it has never read my ohms correctly, it has always been 0.1 - 0.15 higher than my Sigelei 100w plus, ohm checker & multimeter, 3 separate devices that read the ohms the same(only to 1 decimal on the Sigelei).
So my initial thought was it was the positive on the 510 that may be the problem (seems I was close), I opened the box to check the chip & the 510 pos connection, it seemed to be fine.
Then I tried tightening the neg screw connection a little & this resolved the issue for half a day(ohm reading still out), until it returned with a vengeance & nothing I tried worked until I tightened the neg screw again.
I then came here to read this thread, to see if anyone else was having similar issues, after reading some posts, I opened up the box again & tightened the neg screw down as hard as I could, hopefully this will prevent the "check atomiser" from popping on the screen again when it shouldn't.

The high ohms reading is still persisting though & I can't work out how to resolve that problem or what could be causing it.
Anyone more technically minded have an idea of why this could be happening?

Also, I am finding the HB40 does not hit as "hard" at the same watts as my Sigelei 100w Plus (I haven't tried TC mode yet, still waiting on Ni200 to arrive), EG. on my Goblin I have a 0.5ohm build & run the Sigelei at 20W, to get almost the same "feel" from the HB40, I am running it at 25W.
I wondered if this had anything to do with dual 18650's VS the single 18650 in the HB40, though I know that shouldn't make any difference, perhaps the Sigelei is just more efficient?
I don't know why it is I just know how the vape feels to me.

Oh & Black is of course better than the Silver ;)

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Not sure what can tell after reading all that but my hunch tells me gotta be somewhere on the connection(s). Flipping from my sig 150 and this with regular kanthal attys and from what I've seen is my HB is spot on could be because we have readers checking to the hundredths of ohms. Other then the normal fluctuations from kanthal mine registers from .54 to .62ish when I use my atlantis with its .5 coils. If your leads and screws are tight as can be, might be then the 510 or have you taken a gander at the wire leading to it as others had some slight issue there. Sorry not much help with this not technical savvy as the others lol.

Reactions: Hammy75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread