Arghhh.. the smell of smokers... rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfolse107

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Houma, Louisiana, United States
I do have a piece of surgical tubing I can slip one end over the tip an esmart clearo and have the esmart on an 808 automatic battery in my shirt pocket while I suck on a drip tip poked into the other end of the tubing. I wonder what you call that?
Tubal Puffing?
An extra extra long drip tip?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I do know for a fact, that smokers spend more money and have more frequent doctors visits, do to issues and side effects caused by smoking.

I wasn't going to get into this, but B.S. on the Op. This is a Hater post plain and simple,not a rant.
He has the Holier than thou attitude of an Antz even after being through the process of battling tobacco addiction.(I assume)

As to that B.S. Statement, I smoked for over 45 years and never missed time from work or spent a minute under medical care that was not injury related.:grr:
Unhealthy people cost money period. (smoker or not)

BigDC

Jan 15, 2014
Anderson, IN, USA
I imagine many analog smokers do not realize or do not care how bad they actually smell because of the smoke. 1 year and 3 months ago I was one of them, I didn't realize how bad I smelled because of that smoke, no matter how many people told me that, I still could not smell it myself so I dud not believe it. But since I have been off of analogs for over a year, I can really smell smoke on the analog smokers, it sickens me literally. I get very queezy and nauseated at the smell, I start to get sick because of it, and I come extremely close to throwing up on them. I usually have to get away from them and the smoke as quick as possible. No hard feelings towards them but I wish they could smell it like I do now, maybe just maybe it might help or make some of them to want to quit smoking and start vaping or just quit smoking, hopefully.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Eh. Rant or not, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. No one is more annoying than a former smoker turned non-smoker/vaper. Yes, the smell is repulsive, and yes, we all smelled this way even though we couldn't tell. I'm sure many people who interacted with the opening poster was repulsed by their smell, only, as the OP stated, everyone was polite and didn't say "you stink".

OP, this is a normal phase of vaping, but you should probably slow your roll. It's not a very flattering position to take. Judge no one unless you're OK with being judged the same way.

Your heart's in the right place, but your mind-to-finger-typing got in the way.

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
I wasn't going to get into this, but B.S. on the Op. This is a Hater post plain and simple,not a rant.
He has the Holier than thou attitude of an Antz even after being through the process of battling tobacco addiction.(I assume)

As to that B.S. Statement, I smoked for over 45 years and never missed time from work or spent a minute under medical care that was not injury related.:grr:
Unhealthy people cost money period. (smoker or not)

You vs a billion smokers. You do the math.

Smokers are more prone to getting sick/ill (cold, flue, allergies) vs none smokers who exercise and live a healthier life style. And not all smokers live a healthier life style, some chose to eat a 12" meat ball sub at 12am in front of the tv.

Good luck justifying your BS statement.

Last edited:

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
After having spent 30 years being treated as a pariah for smoking, I cannot say I like the OP's contemptuous attitude. I guess it hasn't occurred to the OP that many people feel just as justified in treating vapers poorly, too.

Yeah, because the smell of watermelon vape juice smells just as bad as analog.:facepalm:

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
I imagine many analog smokers do not realize or do not care how bad they actually smell because of the smoke. 1 year and 3 months ago I was one of them, I didn't realize how bad I smelled because of that smoke, no matter how many people told me that, I still could not smell it myself so I dud not believe it. But since I have been off of analogs for over a year, I can really smell smoke on the analog smokers, it sickens me literally. I get very queezy and nauseated at the smell, I start to get sick because of it, and I come extremely close to throwing up on them. I usually have to get away from them and the smoke as quick as possible. No hard feelings towards them but I wish they could smell it like I do now, maybe just maybe it might help or make some of them to want to quit smoking and start vaping or just quit smoking, hopefully.

Had same feeling when i was trying to quit smoking and my buddy would light up an analog in the car first thing in the morning as we drove to work in same car.

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
Eh. Rant or not, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. No one is more annoying than a former smoker turned non-smoker/vaper. Yes, the smell is repulsive, and yes, we all smelled this way even though we couldn't tell. I'm sure many people who interacted with the opening poster was repulsed by their smell, only, as the OP stated, everyone was polite and didn't say "you stink".

OP, this is a normal phase of vaping, but you should probably slow your roll. It's not a very flattering position to take. Judge no one unless you're OK with being judged the same way.

Your heart's in the right place, but your mind-to-finger-typing got in the way.

I judge others as i want to be judged and i ask no less. But ignorance is bliss, which took me 20 years to understand the meaning.

At the end of the day, we have to go through the experience our selfs to understand the message.
I read the good book buddy. I even attended every group study on Friday evening for a year.

Say what you want about me, but the door always swings both ways. So the stone is in your corner as you have judged me.

Last edited:

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
We vape, because we say that nicotine is our 'recreational drug of choice.' We defend the 'right' to vape based on freedom of choice. Someone who smokes can say the exact same thing. Why is our choice any better than another choice?

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
As per the smell I dont like the smell.
I respect anyone who is still on analogs... As I know how I was, and was only lucky enough to take the plunge in to Vaping. And was lucky enough to have a reason to quit as well (Students at my school). But Some people, especially here, havent heard about it, or are afraid because its broadcast on the news when someone reports that E-cigs contain 10x the amount of formaldehyde as regular cigarettes, but when that is debunked, the news goes silent. most people dont hear it gets debunked.
At the same time, I do dislike the smell. Today... I walked outside the grocery store, and all I could smell was a strong cig smell.. I was surprised when I looked around and saw it was coming from one lady 20 feet away. Could have fooled me, I thought someone threw their still lit .... right near the door (big no no here in Japan)

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    It's NOT the way people used to smell after smoking, or at least the way cigs used to smell, in the US. Every state now mandates that manufactured cigarettes are modified for fire safety, which is done by adding carpet glue to the paper. The paper is now worse than the entire cig used to be. While this may save some from death by fire, for every case of that I estimate at least 1 million smokers inhale a new toxin and 2 million inhale this toxin second hand. Even if this glue wasn't toxic by itself, putting glue in a product containing toxic particulates is madness. This is a microcosm of everything bad about government, but tends to be useless as an argument against government since so many are anti-smoking. I've had additional problems with smoking since almost exactly the same time they were introduced in this state (about Oct. 2009 for high-turnover vendors), even though I only used them for 3 months and switched to old-stock and RYO cigs as soon as I found out why cigs suddenly tasted horrible.

Not saying smoking ever smelled good, but if it was always like this it probably would have never gained popularity. Also, wanted to point out how much the government really cares about you, or should I say how easily misdirected, and how unlikely they are to consider voluntary solutions: couldn't they have mandated that cig companies make available a FSC option, and let the market decide which to buy?

I actually like the smell of cigarettes now. Not US made cigarettes, so much though. They have an odd smell compared to ones made in CR...

Look for "FSC" on the pack.

Reactions: DC2

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 15, 2013
    East Midlands, United Kingdom
    I just think to myself that was me a few years ago and that's it I in some ways still think of myself as a smoker I'm doing the same things hand to mouth inhale and exhale just now I am doing it in a better way for me and anyone round me. Smell of smokers I use to reinforce to myself why I started vaping and continue it I don't think anything bad about the person.

Reactions: mattiem

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 15, 2013
    East Midlands, United Kingdom
    I just think to myself that was me a few years ago and that's it I in some ways still think of myself as a smoker I'm doing the same things hand to mouth inhale and exhale just now I am doing it in a better way for me and anyone round me. Smell of smokers I use to reinforce to myself why I started vaping and continue it I don't think anything bad about the person.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread