Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
There are going to be trade-offs. Some better than others, some worse.

People will get used to the new and it will become the normal....just give it time.
Yeah, a couple things not for the better.1) I'd rather have the name be at the top. 2) separation between posts is not as stark. Things look more muddled.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
1) I'd rather have the name be at the top.

About the time that they are able to work on that, you will probably be used to seeing it where it is now. Right now they are working hard at getting all the redirects sorted and other things that are higher on their to-do lists ;)

2) separation between posts is not as stark.

Since you said this, I had to check to see how I 'see' things. I guess I line up with the top of the person's avatar to see where the posts start. I think I always look at the avatar first. Probably my habit.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I do love the way I can highlight and pick out portions of a post though! :D

ETA: Aaaaand there's a trade-off
I just read a post from Q. Q never complains about anything. In fact, he's quite the opposite. He just wrote a scathing post about the new software. He made it clear his experience has been ruined. I normally ignore posts like that, but not from Q. He got my attention.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'll still use Tapatalk though.

Tapatalk quit working for me. Is it still working for you? Most of the tapatalk users are reporting that they can't get it to work :(

It worked when the site came back up and for a while today. Around noonish it quit working.

MrPicC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
Lone Star State
Tapatalk quit working for me. Is it still working for you? Most of the tapatalk users are reporting that they can't get it to work :(

It worked when the site came back up and for a while today. Around noonish it quit working.
It worked enough just now to see you posted this but I wasn't able to open the actual page. Then it logged me out and stopped working. :( no good

Reactions: DavidOH

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
Well crap I was going to put pics in mug shots but it won't take the file size. Get I'll wait till they change that or I feel like cropping the pics. The avatar size limit also sucks.
That's my only complaint. I have resized things a million times and everytime it's still too big. The picture started looking blurry it was getting so small. Oh well... No pics or avatar for me till that gets better or I find my way around it.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
You know what my sisters and I had to do Wednesday. Well I wouldn't wish that on anyone. It was hard even though it was the right thing to do. I'll just say my Dad passed quietly not long after the ventilator was removed.

We weren't sure if we were going to have a service till his room mate told us people that knew him would come if we did. So today we had a viewing/service at a funeral home close to where he lived. He lived a simple life because that's the way he wanted it. Most of the people are low income but they look after each other and more showed up than we expected. It was good to know he had friends that cared about him.
My Dads sister was also able to make it because we had it today. She was very happy to be able to see him one more time and we were very glad to see her. His other sister was to ill to come.

It's been an emotional week filled with sadness, memories, discovery, and even smiles mixed with joy.

As I sit here this evening looking back I know that God had a hand in the weeks events. He made sure we were there for Dad in the end. And He pushed things in a way to show us he was liked and not alone all these years. My Dad is at peace now and I believe my sisters and I have found the peace we needed.
This pic is from last summer.
10606565_621468844640407_5640553409636632242_n.jpg

That's also a preview of me in about 20 years.:)
And for letting me get this out I'll just say
it helps a lot.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I am sending you hugs, David. I didn't see my father much, but during his last weeks before he passed (emphysema and heart issues from smoking and drinking) I spent time with him. We made peace. Like you, I am so thankful for that. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
That's my only complaint. I have resized things a million times and everytime it's still too big. The picture started looking blurry it was getting so small. Oh well... No pics or avatar for me till that gets better or I find my way around it.

I did the same thing. The pic looked so bad I gave up. I'll just be Daffy Duck for awhile.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread