Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I will let the Memeber know who created the private group to PM you. I think she is trying to get it private again.
That will be fine, thanks :)
ETA- disregard..saw the answer which is a sad answer :(
I know... it's an adjustment for me too. But it's not so bad as you start getting used to it. :)

Reactions: AngiBe

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Must be something on your version/machine and DC's (and any others w/the issue). I use Chrome w/adblocker & Ghostery, and see the hover items perfectly. Maybe retired will have an idea tomorrow :unsure:

I dunno ghostery, I run Adblock Plus. I also run TweetDeck, and I noticed when I got this new computer, new Windows, I no longer have "add to TweetDeck" in Chrome's right-click menu, and I have no idea why, it's driving me bananas.

Andria

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Touchpad = flat mouse. ;) It makes mouse events as if it was a "real" mouse...because it basically is.

The thing with tablets/phones (touch screen devices) is that, unless they have a pen/stylus with certain capabilities, they can't simulate a "hover". Probably varies by device.

Taping on the screen is a left-click. Tap-and-hold a long time is like a right-click (at least in some cases). But there's no way to move the pointer without a click. Dragging your finger on the screen is a touch-event, not a mouse event, or gets translated with a click-drag mouse event. So maybe some devices have a way to translate the events differently and make a mouse-cursor movement (like with a stylus moving the pointer).

People on touch screen devices might try tap-and-hold and see what it does. Probably varies by implementation.

So I guess it all depends on the device. Touch input has messed up 1/2 the web! Grrrr. (I'm really just kidding here). It is a PITA for developers though...

Last edited:

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Still can't leave feedback on a classies transaction though the seller has left it for me.

eta error says I can only leave feedback for the starter or I must be the starter, I am trying to leave it for the starter

With a little help from sonic and Joker the issue is sorted out. For future reference you *MUST* post in a classie thread to be able to leave feedback. The system will not let you if it doesn't find a post.

My offer was by pm for part of the lot should the seller consider splitting, he eventually did, but he closed it before I could comment...

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Touchpad = flat mouse. ;) It makes mouse events as if it was a "real" mouse...because it basically is.

The thing with tablets/phones (touch screen devices) is that, unless they have a pen/stylus with certain capabilities, they can't simulate a "hover". Probably varies by device.

Taping on the screen is a left-click. Tap-and-hold a long time is like a right-click (at least in some cases). But there's no way to move the pointer without a click. Dragging your finger on the screen is a touch-event, not a mouse event, or gets translated with a click-drag mouse event. So maybe some devices have a way to translate the events differently and make a mouse-cursor movement (like with a stylus moving the pointer).

People on touch screen devices might try tap-and-hold and see what it does. Probably varies by implementation.

So I guess it all depends on the device. Touch input has messed up 1/2 the web! Grrrr. (I'm really just kidding here). It is a PITA for developers though...

I dunno; the computer I have now is in fact a touchscreen laptop, though I have a mouse, keyboard, and actual monitor (not a touchscreen, and that's the monitor I have designated as #1) plugged into it. This theory makes sense, for how this site behaves with chrome, but firefox disproves it; I have hovers just fine on this site with firefox.

Guess I could just start using FF for visiting here. I had to stop using it with my old computer, it's such a RAM hog, but now i have 16gb RAM... I think there's enough. ;)

Andria

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I tried that with Chrome....worked (like it a lot!)
But with my normal FF, it doesn't work. Nothing happens. Maybe ad blocker or popup blocker or something else, IDK. I have a lot more "stuff" in FF than I do with Chrome too.

i hover! :thumbs: xp pro, ff 37.0.1

yeah, i know - got an update waiting ;)

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
I dunno; the computer I have now is in fact a touchscreen laptop, though I have a mouse, keyboard, and actual monitor (not a touchscreen, and that's the monitor I have designated as #1) plugged into it. This theory makes sense, for how this site behaves with chrome, but firefox disproves it; I have hovers just fine on this site with firefox.

Guess I could just start using FF for visiting here. I had to stop using it with my old computer, it's such a RAM hog, but now i have 16gb RAM... I think there's enough. ;)

Andria
That's because you're using an actual mouse. The theory isn't mine, it's just how stuff works.

There's TWO things I was commenting upon....1) That FF doesn't work with hover for me (and some others) but Chrome does. For others it's reversed. and 2) Commenting that hover doesn't always happen for touch devices. (device/implementation dependent)

Reactions: Uncle

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Have not seen it mentioned yet, so -

There is no cancel function in the reply box area (even under options). I started to do a reply to a thread - then changed my mind - could not see a cancel button so I deleted the entry from the reply box - later, even after leaving the thread the partial reply I had built earlier was still there (it was shadowed, but it was still there)... So I tested it - tried to delete it again - left the thread - went back and still there - hit post reply and yep it posted - then I edited it to change it...

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Have not seen it mentioned yet, so -

There is no cancel function in the reply box area (even under options). I started to do a reply to a thread - then changed my mind - could not see a cancel button so I deleted the entry from the reply box - later, even after leaving the thread the partial reply I had built earlier was still there (it was shadowed, but it was still there)... So I tested it - tried to delete it again - left the thread - went back and still there - hit post reply and yep it posted - then I edited it to change it...
There are the undo/redo buttons (arrows on the right side of toobar) that might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread