• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Ah but look how rich you are for friends! :laugh:

...why are you 'cold' ?

I feel like a millionaire with all my new found friends :laugh:

I was cold last night, cos I had to put the heating on for a while.

It is! It's amazing how ours understand so much. That little one even knows how to wind the big one up (she's really big too) - give them bothe a morsel of something and the big one happily eats it ..the little one?: she stands a foot away from it pretending to be uninterested for quite some time, and waits until the big one takes a step closer, and then goes for her! The bit one doesn't bat an eyelid - she could probably bite her head off is she'd a mind to. Little one even knows she'd never do that.

Pets do the funniest things some times :laugh:

Hey, that's new - I just copied the link straight into the reply box - no messing about using the media button

EDIT: Wonder if it's because I'm using Google Chrome - saw something in the Help files about drag and dropping pictures if you use Chrome

Yep, when I was scrolling through the help files I saw the drag and drop function. Does make life a little easier.

Off to Peppa pig (oink oink)world.Get ready Southampton here we come

Bloody hell Marcus, you're up early, I thought I was the only crazy one getting up at 7am on a Sunday :laugh:

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
If anyone has a leaky fill screw on their attys, I've just found a thread on here about a UK supplier of micro O-rings. I've ordered a few different sizes to see what works. Here's a link, the website doesn't look all that brilliant, but they do accept Paypal so that's a bonus :

Replacement watch Round Micro Rubber O-Ring Gaskets UK, EU, USA.

I've read that my Goblin atty needs a 2.30 x 0.55 x 3.40 Micro O-Ring (item number 123, in the second drop down box). But the fill screw on the Goblin seems slightly wider than the fill screws on kayfun type attys. So I've ordered another couple of sizes too, to see what works on other fill screws, I'll let you know when they arrive :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I just read a thread on the 'Site Feedback & Help' section - seems the avatar size has nothing to do with supporting members or anything like that ..it's the forum software specified size (5KB) Avatar Picture Size on New Forum | E-Cigarette Forum

Apparently, the change carried over any avatars in use, which is why mine and some others remained as OK. Those then trying to change the avatar to something different, found the 5kb a difficult issue (as many have found), but they couldn't go back to the old avatar because the software then stated it was too big.

Bottom line is, until a bigger size can hopefully be provided, if you're happy with your avatar, leave it ! :laugh:

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
I just read a thread on the 'Site Feedback & Help' section - seems the avatar size has nothing to do with supporting members or anything like that ..it's the forum software specified size (5KB) Avatar Picture Size on New Forum | E-Cigarette Forum

Apparently, the change carried over any avatars in use, which is why mine and some others remained as OK. Those then trying to change the avatar to something different, found the 5kb a difficult issue (as many have found), but they couldn't go back to the old avatar because the software then stated it was too big.

Bottom line is, until a bigger size can hopefully be provided, if you're happy with your avatar, leave it ! :laugh:

Strange
As i changed mine, couldn't change it back,became a SM then i changed it back:blink:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
By the way does anyone here have a lemo 2 yet? If so how is it compared to the original?

Sorry keep asking questions cos I haven't been paying as much attention past few weeks :blush:

Pay attention at the back of the class boy :laugh: - and I bet that's where you used to sit when you were a lad Adam

I found the afc to be too tight, not that I alter them away from fully open anyway, but you do need to close it to use the top fill.
Size being about midway between the Lemo v1 and Drop is I think ideal
Filling it could be a problem for wide droppers, but needle thin droppers are fine

Have mine on a SX350 box mod and am actually firing it 20w which is 5w less than I do with the v1 Lemos (coil is 0.5 v 1.19) would have thought I would have needed more power :confused:

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
By the way does anyone here have a lemo 2 yet? If so how is it compared to the original?
Sorry keep asking questions cos I haven't been paying as much attention past few weeks :blush:

I have one Adam,but really can't give you a comparison as i am using them in a different manner.(Ni in v2 as opposed to Kanthal in the v1)
I like the Lemo 2,
but looking at the classified many don't seem to.As they are dotted around all over the place for sale.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Strange
As i changed mine, couldn't change it back,became a SM then i changed it back:blink:
Gets more perplexing!
Until they give something like a 50kb file size limit, I certainly won't try changing mine! :)

Still, that's as I read it from 'them what know' :laugh:

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
I did a google search when i was struggling, and it came up,another forum using the same software had members complaing about the 5kb limit and the mods had changed it to 10kb,which they seemed to imply was the limit.But that may have been the limit they were willing to go to.

Reactions: trouble1000

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Now, before, we had a feature to the left of the 'media' button that allowed us to load an image into the body of a post by entering the url OR browsing for it on our computer ...where did that feature go?

I don't use any external image storage as I have no need for it.

I can't copy/paste from my computer files in IE, but I can drag/drop from Chrome which I rarely use - so is there a way to do it in IE? (If I try drag/drop with IE or Chrome, the image shows in the composing pane but only gives an unworkable link in the actual body of the completed post.

greengages plums bowl thardwick detail .jpg
I haven't a clue how I got this image into the body of the post! :unsure:

Last edited:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Then how come I managed to change mine from the cats to me which are both bigger than 5KB - I'm going to try again and see what happens

<<-- 747KB
Gets odder! Can you post this in the section I linked to- the mods are trying to address all the glitches and problems.

I did a google search when i was struggling, and it came up,another forum using the same software had members complaing about the 5kb limit and the mods had changed it to 10kb,which they seemed to imply was the limit.But that may have been the limit they were willing to go to.
Some forums use up to 50kb ....thinking back, I think it was 19 on the art forum I used to use, and it was fairly easy - I think - to get an avatar at the right size. (Been a long time since I used that forum because it got hacked and hasn't been fixed yet!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread