Status
Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Testing........

This is the hummingbird that has been at my feeder.

ruby_throated_hummingbird_3.jpg

You already have hummingbirds this year?

He is cute.

Tritium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
Would be worthless to focus on trophies, moods, titles and other xen crap with no value and forget the actual USE of the system which right now isn't at it's best.
Xen sucks anyway, vbulletin can be customized to look and work better.
Maybe it will improve with time, maybe not.

Good morning.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
moanin' even more, Voltatics.

I did see that little, itty, bitty, button for the first unread and it took me to Tritium's last comment, not the first post I hadn't read that was posted after I shut the machine down last night. That is the first time I noticed it and it didn't work anyway. So much for that. What makes it worse it the light font used for the date and time of each post.

The points thing seems of little real value to me. The points are awarded when you hit milestones of posts and likes. As you get more of each the milestones get further and further apart which makes it a little difficult to add more points. Mine haven't moved, and I'm sure most of us have seen no movement, no matter how much we post or how many likes we receive.

Oh well, this is what ECF management selected so it's what we have to live with. I did see a post that said tap-a-talk was working again this morning. Given the number of people with mobile devices that use it that's a good thing.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
One thing I noticed. This thread is the most active I've seen it on the weekend lol.:lol:

I thought that, too. Everyone is helping everyone else figure out the new system. It's something we all have in common, happening to everyone at the same time.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
That's a Fogger, not a Kayfun. Yes, you can use titanium, Ni200, kanthal, nichrome, copper, silver, gold or anything else that conducts. If you want t use it as a single coil just block the wick channels on the unused side with either rayon or cotton after you put the bottom half of the chimney on, after the coil and wick are installed.

I'm planning on using an Erlkonigin clone, single coil device, once I get my VTR40 built but that looks like it'll be a ways off right now. Building that is proving harder than I anticipated, the battery door is giving me fits. I can't decide whether to use a bottom "twist-lock" or side panel with magnets and a sled for the battery. Both present a bunch of challenges when you don't have a mill or lathe.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
I got some tempered nickel in 28 and 30 gauge. I'm really itching to get something built and try it out. The untempered stuff is kind of soft which makes wicking the coil, after it's wound, a real challenge. .9 sounds pretty good. What are you using to check resistance with? I got one of these - USA Made Green Transparent Ohm Meter *RED LED* - only with blue LEDs, good down to hundredths of an ohm and advertised as accurate down to .018 ohms. Hope that's all true, LOL.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
You already have hummingbirds this year?

He is cute.

Yep. Rave says this is the only species in Indiana or at least in my area. So far I've only seen the male. He either doesn't have a mate or he isn't willing to share. :rolleyes:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Just learned a cool thing that the software can do...

You can hide text in a spoiler alert :D

Thought this was only for "Supporting Members" . . . :confused:

Guess Not :D

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
I guess I am an old fossil, but I fail to see what makes "spoiler" stuff so "wonderful". I'd much rather be able to change the displayed color scheme and how many messages are on a page. The whole "trophy points" thing completely escapes me. I guess this is what is billed as progress in the mobile, social, world and makes me happy I'm not in either.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Yep. Rave says this is the only species in Indiana or at least in my area. So far I've only seen the male. He either doesn't have a mate or he isn't willing to share. :rolleyes:

They are really protective of their area/food supply and don't help with the nesting or raising of the young...if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread