Glassmanoak's contest #88 with multiple winners and for winners !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellastarr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
USA
4/25
It's been a long day.

It was finally pretty outside today after over a week of cold and gloom. We have only had a handful of days this year where it was warm and sunny. Really starting to get on my nerves.. Anyway, it was warm and sunny outside today so I went shopping. Bought groceries and new blinds for the house. Come home and put the blinds and groceries up and I need to be cooking dinner since hubby will be here any minute.. but I'm tired.

Count, your schools fundraisers are a whole lot better than the ones my daughters school had when she went to public school. They had nasty hotdog dinners and stuff like that. Gross.

original_tree-of-life-heart-print.jpg

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
4/25 #5
Count, your schools fundraisers are a whole lot better than the ones my daughters school had when she went to public school. They had nasty hotdog dinners and stuff like that. Gross.
And people paid for that? Yikes.

My kids' school is kind of a special case. The school district essentially pays out the same amount of money to each school as a base and then increases that amount substantially if the school meets certain criteria. One of those criteria is low-income students. We are not the most affluent, but we do not have enough low-income students to warrant any additional funds in this area. Another factor is improvement: schools that show gradual improvement in things such as test scores also get substantial rewards in funding. Our school has, for the past 10 years or so, been very near the top in the city, county, and state. While this is excellent news for the students, it does little to help with additional funds. The additional funding that schools get goes into things such as modern computers, extra teachers, and extra programs. With no extra money coming in from the district, it falls upon the PTO to raise such funds. Through the donations and funds raised at events such as the one last night, we are able to pay for a science teacher, a P.E. teacher, and a music teacher, as well as additional teachers to keep class sizes smaller (although, being an older school, the classrooms don't really have much more room if the class sizes were to increase). Technology is an area in which we stumble, as the last round of computers and laptops were acquired close to 10 years ago (by contrast, a school in a less-advantaged area just opened a computer media center, complete with state of the art equipment and full-time technology instructor). So, really, it is necessary to have nicer fundraising events to pull in the amount of money to make up the gap. Gotta love the logic of public school systems...!

My lack of sleep last night (I went to bed at 1:30 after helping unload things from my wife's car and woke up at 7 to get the kids moving for their activities this morning) is catching up with me. I think I'll perform a few SLUG exercises...

154769165-girl-hiding-behind-tree-gettyimages.jpg

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
4/25 #4

I hit the Megamillions ball last night, now if I could only get the other 5 numbers with it....

There's a lot I don't care for about the social media part of the forum but it's todays internet, once you say it ...there is is. I don't link to any, my FB is just for my large family and I don't do the others.

Have a great evening everyone :)

nrg2_zpspoebzrhm.jpg

bellastarr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
USA
4/25
Hubby came home and said he wanted Subway for dinner tonight, so that's what we had. :D We also stopped and picked up some adult beverages to enjoy tonight. I got me a 4 pack of Kaluha White Russians. Hubby got something.. brandy, I think. We will see how long he stays up :lol:

If I don't see y'all later, goodnight treefam.

3939689059_a36c0f8fd9.jpg

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
4/25
I found the Tree Fam. I thought I had lost you foreeeeeveeeeer.

Until I figure this new system out (can't access through Tapatalk) you'll just have to imagine there's a tree in this space...

4/25 #5

We were about ready to send out a search party, good luck with the changes.

WV%20Braxton_zpslmpmi5la.jpg

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
4/25 #6

Long day surviving the forum changes. I feel it's headed in a really positive direction. (your mileage may vary)

It's really, really nice to be back. I'm starting to feel normal... err disregard that. ::: adjusting tin foil :::

Can't see no more here, so I'm headed the sack.

wv9_zpsp1wtlwfj.jpg

jpf880

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
oHIo
4/25

I'm not sure if it's 5 posts or 6 posts this week? I use to use the full site on my phone on the old forum but I don't see a option on this one, maybe that's why I can't see the post number or anyone's signature.
It's been a very long and stressful day, I need to take my meds and go to bed. At least tomorrow is my Friday!

G'Nite Uncle!

:tumble:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread