Status
Not open for further replies.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
So a couple of years ago I tried some HHV juices... Got the Heavenly tobacco and the Caramel Apple tobacco. Both were very good, I definitely liked the Heavenly tobacco more than the Caramel Apple Tobacco. The apple flavoring in the Caramel Apple was a bit too overbearing for my tastes. It was a great apple flavor, to be sure, I was just expecting something a bit more subtle. I could barely taste the tobacco at all. Let that one steep about a week.

After that, for whatever reason, I didn't order anything else. Even though those two juices were by far the best juices I had tried, I wanted to try a bit of everything...

Here lately I have been revisiting HHV, and I'm trying a bit of everything they have to offer. I love their juices, and even still years later I can say they are the best juices I've tried.

My first order after deciding to go back to HHV was Heavenly Army and Serendipity. Both fantastic tobacco flavors. The Heavenly Army was nice and bold, like a traditional untainted pipe tobacco. The Serendipity was a surprise, really liked that one. Excellent tobacco with a hint of sweetness. That is tobacco done right. Really well done, but I'm sure folks here know that.

I just received my new order, which I'm excited about. This time around I wanted to try some of the non-tobacco flavors, so I got the Tuscan Cocoa, Cinful Apple, and Blueberry Muffin. They all smell delicious, and I'm looking forward to trying them as soon as I can. I have all of them with the caps off for now, letting them sit for 24 hours with the caps off is gonna be tough!

Do the flavors I have here now need to steep very long? Or are they pretty vapeable right away after the resting period?

So far, I'd say my favorites are Heavenly Tobacco and Serendipity, in that order.

Any suggestions from long time HHV fans? Pretty sure I'm going to just start ordering from HHV exclusively at this point. The quality, price, and delivery times are just too good to go anywhere else!

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I see a lot of folks talking up Dragon's Fire. What is the flavor profile of that juice?
Dragon's Fire is complex , when it's fresh it has a dull white wine sweetness to it along with a chocolate chip cookie top note , as it ages the cookie notes become more noticeable and easier to discern , chocolate , brown sugar , vanilla and butter notes stand out , at 4 wks or so the tobacco starts to stand out , I find it to be a strong cigarette tobacco presence along the lines of American Spirit . I also highly recommend Legend , it's a sweet cherry cavendish starting out but the berry/cherry notes fade after 8 wks or so and the tobacco really stands out , rich spicy cavendish with cocoa undertones , delicious stuff .

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
You guys are crazy with these 8 week steep times... LoL, I wouldn't be able to control myself. Of course, I could just get into the habit of buying 8 weeks in advance so I get it and sit it on the shelf til it's next in line to vape.
That's what most of us do , it's worth the wait . But if HHV wasn't excellent straight out of the mailbox I never would've placed a second order with them .

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
That's what most of us do , it's worth the wait . But if HHV wasn't excellent straight out of the mailbox I never would've placed a second order with them .

True enough... Most of the juices I get steep until the bottle I opened before it is empty... LoL I usually get two at a time. I have 3 right now, so maybe I should just go ahead and order up another 3 so those can be sitting a few weeks before it's their turn in the rotation. I've never been one of those types that vapes several different flavors throughout the day. I open a bottle and vape it all, then move on to the next bottle.

I do love most of them right out of the mail though.

Reactions: Chakris

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
True enough... Most of the juices I get steep until the bottle I opened before it is empty... LoL I usually get two at a time. I have 3 right now, so maybe I should just go ahead and order up another 3 so those can be sitting a few weeks before it's their turn in the rotation. I've never been one of those types that vapes several different flavors throughout the day. I open a bottle and vape it all, then move on to the next bottle. I do love most of them right out of the mail though.
I usually have 4-5 juices tanked up at a time but Legend & Dragon's Fire are constants , everything else rotates .

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I was using the NET's I got in a couple of RSST's... Pretty great in the Genny's, crisp and bold flavors. They seem to make the tobacco flavors really shine. I liked them in the genny's better than I liked them in my drippers.

I'll definitely try the Dragon's Fire and the Legend. Heck, my next order may be 4... Dragon's Fire, Legend, Heavenly Tobacco, and another bottle of Serendipity. I really liked the Serendipity.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I was using the NET's I got in a couple of RSST's... Pretty great in the Genny's, crisp and bold flavors. They seem to make the tobacco flavors really shine. I liked them in the genny's better than I liked them in my drippers.

I'll definitely try the Dragon's Fire and the Legend. Heck, my next order may be 4... Dragon's Fire, Legend, Heavenly Tobacco, and another bottle of Serendipity. I really liked the Serendipity.

718, Dragon's Fire and Legend are the two most popular HHV nets. They both require steeping for most people as do almost all the tobacco flavors. You mentioned CAT in your initial post saying it was too much apple. DF and CAT are my two main HHV go to vapes. You're right, the apple is very forward when it is fresh, but after a six week steep, it most definitely is taken over by the tobacco. CAT is a very deep, almost smoky flavor when aged. Some make the claim that non-NETs do not require as much steeping. That simply is untrue. In fact, I would argue the opposite and CAT is the perfect example. It MUST steep at least six weeks for the flavor to develop. Get a small bottle next time and just toss it in your drawer and forget about it for a couple months before going back to it. It just keeps getting better as it gets older.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Dam718, my favorite juice ever in the entire history of ever is Heavenly Tobacco. I keep at least 200ml on hand at all times.

My No. 2 seems to vary. For good while it was Dragon's Fire, but then I lost my taste for it for a time. Now, I'm enjoying it again.

I'd suggest giving a try to Pirate's Booty, Shadow, Heavenly Army and Maple Eh. Pirate's Booty tastes like a pipe tobacco to me. Good stuff.

If you like Maple Eh, you might want to give Huntsman a try. And if you really like Huntsman, you might want to try Gaia. All three of those have the same grassy flavor note that some people love and others don't. It took me a while to warm up to it, but now I like it. I just can't vape any of those three all the time.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Pappy, my love for Heavenly Tobacco has grown. I have been vaping it daily. I tried Heavenly Army, it didn't do anything for me. I vape Gaia, Huntsman, and Legend daily. I also have Dark Horse, Maple Eh?, Pirate Booty on hand. I haven't tried Pirate Booty in a while though. I was letting that last bottle age for a length of time. I also liked Serendipity the first 3 or so times. The last time, not so much. My taste buds must be changing.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Funny you said that BK. I have had DF for a good long while. I never liked it before. I loaded some up on a Kayfun last night. It is much better with lots of time, more than the normal aging requirement. It is just okay to me. I bought this back in December. Maybe I will add more Tuscan Cocoa to it, and see if that helps. I like it, at this point, but not enough to buy it again. I have some Pirate's Booty that I have been aging. I loved it the first couple of times. But the last time, not so much. So I let this bottle age too. Will try it later today probably. I may have gotten burnt out on the PB, not sure. I have several HHV tobacco juices in my daily rotation though.

Reactions: retic1959
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread