Curious how many out there stayed on egos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Been using EVODs with various stick batteries mostly, for a year. Haven't tried everything out there, but so far I find them cheapest and best. Previously tried CE4 type clearos and don't like them, can't handle long drags and vapor comes out too hot for what it is. Tried an Aspire BVC clearo and I like the vapor output but not the masked flavor. Don't care much for the dual coil Kangers either. I also have a Taifun clone and 2 drippers and have had problems getting flavor out of them. It doesn't help I'm not interested in more than a few times as much power and vapor output than the EVODs. I can get some amazing flavor from the dripper at times, but it's at least as juice-selective as the EVOD. My favorite flavor in all of vaping, if I had to choose, is GeJ Patriot in an EVOD with cotton wick. The same juice has been lame, or even tasteless, in every other device I've tried it in. I continue to search for better hardware because I'd like just a bit more vapor output, or the same in less than 8 seconds, but there doesn't seem to be middle ground.

Reactions: traten

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Hmm had not thought about the balance point thing.
    I used the phrase 'balance point' because I couldn't come up with another. The tank/clearo I use now is the same height and pretty much the same weight as a 650 mAh battery. I still have a couple 650's, and I will use them if I happen to have both 900's charging. I still prefer the extra length of a 900 mAh battery (and the extra vapin' time!), but my hand or my brain has figured out how to compensate when a 650 is used. An 1100 or so mAh battery would be even longer in length (and weight) to a 900, but I haven't (yet, maybe) wanted to use one.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2014
    Canada
    I started on a Smoov cig-alite,moved on to a clone ego battery/Iclear 16 then to a protank mini/spinner 1100mah,vv battery.Now I'm using an iPv mini 30 watt/Subtank mini.When I'm out and about I still use the the pro tank minis and Evods with the spinner batt (much easier to carry in my pocket).I've been vaping around a year and a half now.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    3 years into vaping and thousands of dollars in vape gear later... I found that keeping it simple was actually best. I first started vaping with an ego set up and was able to stop smoking day one. I was interested in learning more about vaping and joined a few ecig forums/groups and quickly got caught up in the gotta-have latest greatest bigger better gear fever. Honestly I might still be on that gotta-have it crazy train if I had not become seriously ill about a year and a half later. The day I did not feel up to messing around with my fancy vaping equipment and broke out my so simple to use ego set up, actually enjoying it, made me remember why I started vaping in the first place, to quit smoking, period. I think it's easy to lose sight of that and get wrapped up in all of the gear hoopla in vaping forums/groups. Egos are what got me off the cigs and keeps me off them, what more do you need. I wish now of course it was not such an expensive lesson to learn! LOL

Reactions: traten

jimbol

ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I still use an EGO after 3 years. I like the simplicity. In fact, I use Johnson Creek's VEA equipment. I've settled in on their disposable clearomizers (they call them canteens). I just want to vape not engineer or worry about equipment. I've tried other things but the 650 MaH batteries last me all day; and I get 6-9 uses out of each clearomizer. The setup easily fits in my shirt pocket. My only complaint is that JC doesn't provide the 3 ml travel bottle with their juices anymore. Since the clearomizers are relatively small I need to carry a travel bottle to top up during the day. Other gear would leak, lose O rings, etc. To me simple is better.

The Ministry

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2013
    Cramlington, Northumberland, UK
    I still use an Ego with a evod tank for driving mostly. Just easier to handle in the car. Perfectly respectable devices in my humble opinion.

Most of the vapers I work with still use the Ego's - there's only myself and two others who use APV's/Mechs etc - the rest managed to quit and stay quit using Ego's - they are happy, and not smoking, so it's all good.

They got me off the smokes, think I might keep my original Ego and put it in a display case....the "one" thing that worked for me in my failed attempts previously to quit smoking :)

traten

Sep 25, 2014
    SE PA USA
    I'm kind of an old man, 75, retired, and my vaping is 90% at home, on a La-Z-Boy, watching TV between yard and house-cleaning chores. I say this only to point out the differences between us, and the great varieties of circumstance we face when vaping.

I began with an eVod starter kit 2 years ago. It was simple, easy to use, and gave a decent flavor and throat hit, satisfying my need for nicotine as well as my Marlboro menthol lights did. Cigarettes had cost me $60 a week --about a carton-- and after the initial outlay my habit now costs about $20/wk.

Having a curious, experimenting, mind, and the blessing of time to indulge it, I gradually went on to an MVP2 and the other more powerful variable regulated devices like iSticks. Each move broadened the experience and enhanced the quality of the vape as I learned to pay attention to volts, ohms, and coil configurations.

I'm now at the unregulated mechanical mod stage. It's fun to mess around with the batteries out and in your hand; learning to do a just right charge, and run the risk of blowing yourself up if you lapse attention -- a geezer's version of bungee-jumping. The result is a really good tasting vape in the physical sense and an increased feeling of satisfaction in the mental one.

Reactions: smkfree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread