Status
Not open for further replies.

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
so does the kayfun v4 allow for lung hits or is it too restrictive? I started with mouth to lung hits when i began vaping but not sure if I can go back. I have a nautilus I never touch anymore.

I just really like the look of this device and hear great things.

Installing the 4S kit will open the airflow to 2.7mm. Not huge, but enough for a satisfying, albeit a little restrictive, lung hit. Flavor remains superb.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
I use the dark theme in settings and I like it. Im glad they fixed the tapatalk issue. Whoever "they" are.
I like the dark themes as well. The white mobile screen was really drawing down phone battery.
so does the kayfun v4 allow for lung hits or is it too restrictive? I started with mouth to lung hits when i began vaping but not sure if I can go back. I have a nautilus I never touch anymore.

I just really like the look of this device and hear great things.
I recently put the 4s kit in my V4. Like others have stated, it is still slightly restricted but works fine for me for lung hits. I was mouth to lung before switching to TP and now I have gotten use to direct lung hits.

HD

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
FYI still using the ringless wicking method.

Mainly I removed the chimney ring. In KF4 it is safe to remove it if and only if you use high VG which is the reason of wicking problems anyway. So i remove the ring and I removed the oring around the deck. That makes any liquid have direct access to the deck easily after passing through the many holes.

PapaPro

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2015
London
Hello all,

Is anyone using their K4s with the M Class? If so how are you getting on? What build settings have you found?

I have the s Kit and the gold spring. Conductivity I was told could be an issue but if I screw just 1mm out of the 510 pin, it seems perfect. So not sure if anyone is having issues there.

The soft Ni200 seems to gunk more then the hardened 28g. But I have not tried enough builds to finds the sweet spot. But at least I got my V4s working.

I must read all of this thread and I will. So pleased I found this place.

Take care all :)

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
Hello all,

Is anyone using their K4s with the M Class? If so how are you getting on? What build settings have you found?

I have the s Kit and the gold spring. Conductivity I was told could be an issue but if I screw just 1mm out of the 510 pin, it seems perfect. So not sure if anyone is having issues there.

The soft Ni200 seems to gunk more then the hardened 28g. But I have not tried enough builds to finds the sweet spot. But at least I got my V4s working.

I must read all of this thread and I will. So pleased I found this place.

Take care all :)

I didn't miss a beat with the Kafyun4 x (2) from rDNA and VF to SX. (A) I prefer the K4 on the SX 'cause I can vape at much higher wattages, (B) I've come to change my setting on the DNA to get an equivalent vape.

[NB: I have seen the wave of low ohm builds being talked about in the SX thread. Not going there yet.]

My Kayfun4 builds are in the range of 0.17-0.22, using KGD, at 22-26J, 380-400F. Having moved up on the VF to 480F for an equivalent vape.

Kaoself

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
FYI still using the ringless wicking method.

Mainly I removed the chimney ring. In KF4 it is safe to remove it if and only if you use high VG which is the reason of wicking problems anyway. So i remove the ring and I removed the oring around the deck. That makes any liquid have direct access to the deck easily after passing through the many holes.

How high VG would you say is ok?

Kaoself

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
I somehow forgot to lock my fire button and had my KF4 firing for about 20min in a drawing class. Removing it from it's little protective bag it was far too hot to touch and I discovered later that the battery had been drained down from almost full (I had barely used it that day) to about 3.1v, and the positive post deck isolator had totally melted. And people wonder why i love recessed no locking ring required fire buttons!

At home I totally stripped the KF4 and mod down to the last part, washed it all and scrubbed the positive block of burnt juice, and replaced the deck isolator, the centre pin isolator, and the spring (still the crappy original silver spring). Now it's as good as new and somehow the juice control rotates far more smoothly than ever before! Not sure why this is the case, but maybe the heat melted down the plastic seal rings just enough to provide a smooth rotation!

Even the battery is fine after I taped up the little melted spots on the wrap. It's fallen out of my car onto cobble stones, onto the floor, and now been heated and melted. Just goes to show how indestructable a good quality atty and mech are!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I somehow forgot to lock my fire button and had my KF4 firing for about 20min in a drawing class. Removing it from it's little protective bag it was far too hot to touch and I discovered later that the battery had been drained down from almost full (I had barely used it that day) to about 3.1v, and the positive post deck isolator had totally melted. And people wonder why i love recessed no locking ring required fire buttons!

At home I totally stripped the KF4 and mod down to the last part, washed it all and scrubbed the positive block of burnt juice, and replaced the deck isolator, the centre pin isolator, and the spring (still the crappy original silver spring). Now it's as good as new and somehow the juice control rotates far more smoothly than ever before! Not sure why this is the case, but maybe the heat melted down the plastic seal rings just enough to provide a smooth rotation!

Even the battery is fine after I taped up the little melted spots on the wrap. It's fallen out of my car onto cobble stones, onto the floor, and now been heated and melted. Just goes to show how indestructable a good quality atty and mech are!
Sux as it should but glad that everything is hunky dory all over again K bro and no injuries to anyone / anything.

Reactions: Kaoself

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Just goes to show how indestructable a good quality atty and mech are!

Personally I think it rather shows that it's time for you to leave your cave and start using 21th century technology like VW?

You might have been lucky but imagine that thing blowing in your pants in middle of your class.

Tony

Kaoself

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Personally I think it rather shows that it's time for you to leave your cave and start using 21th century technology like VW?

You might have been lucky but imagine that thing blowing in your pants in middle of your class.

Tony

People would have gotten a massive laugh if my pants had started burning and I had to rapidly strip them off!

I still look at mechs as what you move to when you actually develop some skills and knowledge and vape as a hobby, and regulated mods as a beginners device. I know times have changed, very rapidly over the last year especially; but I simply don't particularly like the look of most regulated mods. Most boxes look clunky and ugly, and regulated tubes tend to look cheap with grooves, embellishments, logos, and media blasted finishes. The only box I would want is the Stickman Champion GT in that gorgeous green wood.

When someone makes a regulated device that looks like a minimal brushed SS mech I might be up for it. :p
In fact I'm constantly surprised no one has.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Riding a horse takes more skill than one of them newfangled automobiles, and a longbow took a lifetime of training to use well, unlike them modern firearms.

Thing is, horses are slower, and the longbow is not as effective, compared to the technologies that supplanted both of them.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
People would have gotten a massive laugh if my pants had started burning and I had to rapidly strip them off!

I still look at mechs as what you move to when you actually develop some skills and knowledge and vape as a hobby, and regulated mods as a beginners device. I know times have changed, very rapidly over the last year especially; but I simply don't particularly like the look of most regulated mods. Most boxes look clunky and ugly, and regulated tubes tend to look cheap with grooves, embellishments, logos, and media blasted finishes. The only box I would want is the Stickman Champion GT in that gorgeous green wood.

When someone makes a regulated device that looks like a minimal brushed SS mech I might be up for it. :p
In fact I'm constantly surprised no one has.
I'm loving this little box mod. Fits in my pocket too.

Attachments

• 0428150919a-2.jpg
    0428150919a-2.jpg
    770.6 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: stanleybb50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread