Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
You know what my sisters and I had to do Wednesday. Well I wouldn't wish that on anyone. It was hard even though it was the right thing to do. I'll just say my Dad passed quietly not long after the ventilator was removed.

We weren't sure if we were going to have a service till his room mate told us people that knew him would come if we did. So today we had a viewing/service at a funeral home close to where he lived. He lived a simple life because that's the way he wanted it. Most of the people are low income but they look after each other and more showed up than we expected. It was good to know he had friends that cared about him.
My Dads sister was also able to make it because we had it today. She was very happy to be able to see him one more time and we were very glad to see her. His other sister was to ill to come.

It's been an emotional week filled with sadness, memories, discovery, and even smiles mixed with joy.

As I sit here this evening looking back I know that God had a hand in the weeks events. He made sure we were there for Dad in the end. And He pushed things in a way to show us he was liked and not alone all these years. My Dad is at peace now and I believe my sisters and I have found the peace we needed.
This pic is from last summer. View attachment 453300

That's also a preview of me in about 20 years.:)
And for letting me get this out I'll just say
it helps a lot.
David, Mama Chak and I are thinking about you and keeping you and your family in our prayers.
May the sadness will make you stronger and may the memories, discoveries, smiles and joy keep him alive within you and your family's hearts.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
David I'm not to good with this sort of thing..but I hope you can find peace in this comment..I only had my dad around until I was 11 years of age...Robbed of that loving man and the hurt hangs over me until this very day that I didn't get to even say goodbye!

Idk why hospitals wouldn't let 11 year olds see their on fathers on their death bed...but I didn't get to regardless.

Peace my brother.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
t
Idk why hospitals wouldn't let 11 year olds see their on fathers on their death bed...but I didn't get to regardless.
That is really stupid. At 11, you know what death means. They should have allowed you to see your Dad. I can see why that would bother you. If it didn't, you wouldn't think about it.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I just read a post from Q. Q never complains about anything. In fact, he's quite the opposite. He just wrote a scathing post about the new software. He made it clear his experience has been ruined. I normally ignore posts like that, but not from Q. He got my attention.

got a link.... Iwant to add to his thread too :)
I would like to see that as well...

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Getting late here, G-night Army!

sleeping-in-hammock.gif

Kewl! Loading smileys just got a lot better - drag 'n' drop...
crazy-guy-says-yes-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Always, your AVI looks good on an iPad with Retina display (high resolution).

Sirius, that's so sad that you didn't get to see your father in the hospital. Hugs to you.

My mom and I moved back with her father when I was a year old. Pappy was a gruff guy, but he adored me. He passed when I was 4. My uncle took my cousin and me to see him at the funeral home. On the way, I asked where Pappy was and my uncle said he was in Heaven. So for the early days of my youth, I thought Heaven looked like a funeral parlor.

I certainly wasn't traumatized by the experience. It's a shame we are so uptight about death in our culture.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Later today, if I get enough nerve up....I am going to redo my whole computer from scratch. So if I don't get back on for a while, you will know what happened. I never had trouble doing this in the past. I got this computer with Win8 loaded on it. Then it upgraded to 8.1....that is when the proverbial "stuff" hit the fan. With the help of the tech (thank goodness it was in warranty at that time) the computer was fixed. But now, who knows what will happen. It is a long story. Just be advised, you may not hear from me for a while, if things go badly.

SamuelMSr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2013
Meridian, Idaho
Later today, if I get enough nerve up....I am going to redo my whole computer from scratch. So if I don't get back on for a while, you will know what happened. I never had trouble doing this in the past. I got this computer with Win8 loaded on it. Then it upgraded to 8.1....that is when the proverbial "stuff" hit the fan. With the help of the tech (thank goodness it was in warranty at that time) the computer was fixed. But now, who knows what will happen. It is a long story. Just be advised, you may not hear from me for a while, if things go badly.
If you have issues text me *** and I'll help you figure it out

Last edited:

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Samuel, this is because I changed my Hotmail password, and now I can't get back into my admin account. I went through Microsoft support, and an online help thing too. I reset the password, and it still won't take it. I am furious. I don't have a phone, ipad, any of that, with internet. I am on a guest account since this happened. I waited for help, but it looks like there isn't a better solution. I can't go back to Win8. So hopefully what I have for 8.1 is gonna work. I've had a computer since Win93, I think it was. But this, this fiasco was the final straw. Oh thanks for that offer of help. You may get a text from me later....oh I HOPE NOT.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I have it! I put it on my phone. Right now I am updating my portable apps. That is going to take a while. I wish I could download a Linux program just in case. I am looking at 4 versions/makers of it now. I am stuck on a guest acct though, and can't download programs. I am not a happy camper right now.
@kkay59 and @SamuelMSr If Kk has Sam's number, you should delete it off the post! ;)

KK please confirm before Sam wipes it out

Reactions: DavidOH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread