Side Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shipdawg800

Apr 26, 2015
Has anyone else noticed any side effects from vaping? I get vapor tongue regularly and I've found that chewing minty gum and brushing my teeth as suggested fixes it almost instantaneously. Also I love menthol flavors so that helps too. But I've also noticed that I have almost a sort of flim build up in the back of my throat and I have trouble breathing out of my nose. I vape a lot. I have a half an hour drive to and from work and my vape never leaves my hand. I also vape a lot at night when I'm sitting on my couch. During work not as much unless I get overwhelmed in the office and need a break.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Vapor tongue seems calming, I usually just switch back to vaping unflavored nic base and I'm better. I know if my nose is stuffy, I can vape a menthol e-juice and I can breathe pretty quick afterwards haha.

Never noticed the film in my throat, that was more of a smoking thing for me than vaping. I can actually not hack stuff up all day with vaping now.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
There are more side effects from quitting smoking than starting vaping. It takes time for your body to adjust and expel all of the toxins from cigarettes and you nasal membranes are no exception. I've never experienced vaper's tongue, so I can't comment on that, except many do experience it. Rotation of flavors is key, however -- keeps your senses happy :)

Reactions: MsPantherina

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Drink more water. You will notice a difference in the next day or two.

I also agree with Jefsview, "It takes time for your body to adjust and expel all of the toxins from cigarettes and you nasal membranes are no exception."

My sinuses are still recovering after 2 years, or I have developed allergies. But whenever my sinuses get blocked, I just use a high PG liquid, which seems to dry them out. I started with Halo liquids, so still have those around (had to switch to a higher VG due to PG drying out my throat). Try different PG/VG ratios and see what works best for you. Also, different vendors use different ingredients. So if you can afford it, try several different ones out and see if there are any differences for you.

70Baracuda

Apr 19, 2015
The South
I experienced the same thing, when I started vaping. Also had extremely dry sinuses, mouth and throat. When I could get the phlegm out of my throat, it was a very viscous clear, slimy consistency. The mornings were the worst, my nose / sinuses would be stopped up and I'd end breathing through my mouth, throughout the night, which dry out my throat even more. I tried increasing fluids but it seemed like water would dry out my mouth even more. (Sweet tea helped a little) and sometimes eating a pickle can relieve the mouth / throat symptoms.
I read about PG allergies and thought that may have been the problem, so I started buying high VG juice and it got worse.
In the end, what fixed it for me was lowering the VG and increasing the PG. I now vape 50pg/50vg ........ at most I'll vape 40pg/60vg if I up the VG any higher than 60% I start getting the dry throat, stopped up sinuses, phlegm issue again.

Another thing to consider:
If you are buying your juice at a local shop and they're mixing it when you order, let that juice sit in a desk drawer for a week before you vape it. The ingredients in the fresh juice are melding / marrying / mixing together and becoming a new compound. Sometimes while this is happening the vape can be harsh and irritating.

Reactions: Shipdawg800

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged
The worst side effect i have noticed so far is having dry lips. Now i'm constantly licking/wetting my lips. But i have a feeling it's getting less now, perhaps my body is adjusting to it now.
The 2nd worst side effect is getting to much nicotine, because i'm just vaping for a month now and i tend to overdo it, it's still relative new for me.

And the 3rd side effect.. (nr 1 according to my girlfriend) is that i spend too much money on it.. it should be cheaper then smoking they said.. :p

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
I have no symptoms now but in the beginning I had the dry mouth as well. VG/PG are humectants and will dry you out so keep well hydrated...it will get better and you won't have to drown yourself after a while...at least in my case. Also if your lips are chapping try switching from a steel tip to derlin tip. Steel tips get warm in some instances and will chap your lips. As far as VG/PG ratio I started out with 50/50 but then moved to higher VG thinking it was causing my ears to ring more from an allergy to PG. The ringing has subsided now but I don't believe it was an allergy to PG because I'm back to a 50/50 ratio mainly which I prefer. I noticed though the higher the VG content the more my nose would run from condensation. I hope this helps.

Joe8505

May 9, 2015
Has anyone else noticed any side effects from vaping? I get vapor tongue regularly and I've found that chewing minty gum and brushing my teeth as suggested fixes it almost instantaneously. Also I love menthol flavors so that helps too. But I've also noticed that I have almost a sort of flim build up in the back of my throat and I have trouble breathing out of my nose. I vape a lot. I have a half an hour drive to and from work and my vape never leaves my hand. I also vape a lot at night when I'm sitting on my couch. During work not as much unless I get overwhelmed in the office and need a break.

This can be due to the coil going bad. If it's a new coil, try a higher resistance one. There could be too much liquid going through and not all of it is getting atomized, so you're getting some of the actual liquid into your mouth as a mist, or maybe even drops are forming inside the mouth piece.
I was having the same thing happen, so I went from a 1.5Ω coil and raised the wattage up from 6 to 8.5 watts. That seemed to fix the problem. Also, make sure not to try to inhale too fast. Give it time to atomize the liquid as you're inhaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread