Catfish atty mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
the rogue is great! just made my first successful dual coil build on it (yeah, i'm just getting started!) and it's very good.
Thanks to s_x_d for the video and to tom for excellent work!

Do you realize how much money I would have saved if the Rogue bf was available when I bought my first Reo? Thousands... You have arrived at a very good time. Welcome!

strongdad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
TX
I love my rogue and it's quickly becoming my go to atty, especially on the go. Thanks Tom!

rhlds4.jpg

Last edited:

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
That looks awesome! Love the green peko!
Thank you! I love it too. Its my daily workhorse of the 4 Pekos I've built. They're all I use now. I have a 5th Gdeal mod in my workbench, a Gdna 4.2 and dna 40 large screen chip, I'm waiting on a "solder sucker" from amazon as I fudged up a little solder joint on the board. They are awesome mods.

-M

Reactions: strongdad

strongdad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
TX
Thank you! I love it too. Its my daily workhorse of the 4 Pekos I've built. They're all I use now. I have a 5th Gdeal mod in my workbench, a Gdna 4.2 and DNA 40 large screen chip, I'm waiting on a "solder sucker" from amazon as I fudged up a little solder joint on the board. They are awesome mods.

-M
Nice! I sure do love mine. I have a second print on the way from sculpteo and I'd like to try a dna40 soon. They are the best little mods I've found yet. Did you paint the green one or is that the green plastic?

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Nice! I sure do love mine. I have a second print on the way from sculpteo and I'd like to try a dna40 soon. They are the best little mods I've found yet. Did you paint the green one or is that the green plastic?
Have you tried to source a desoldering wick from a local electronics store? They work great for cleaning up solder points.

Just got my first GDNA up after breaking the screen during assembly. Awesome device for sure.

d8cdad21c5eab4abf43b442d964383d6.jpg

fee7eb7e047f457836c78ee09cbffd30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strongdad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
TX
Have you tried to source a desoldering wick from a local electronics store? They work great for cleaning up solder points.

Just got my first GDNA up after breaking the screen during assembly. Awesome device for sure.

d8cdad21c5eab4abf43b442d964383d6.jpg

fee7eb7e047f457836c78ee09cbffd30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was rglp4lyfe (now peko4lyfe) waiting on the sucker. Your gdna looks awesome man! I really want to build one of these but I don't know if I'm up to the task. How long did it take?

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
That was rglp4lyfe (now peko4lyfe) waiting on the sucker. Your gdna looks awesome man! I really want to build one of these but I don't know if I'm up to the task. How long did it take?

It ended up taking me about two hours but mostly due to me trying to use the wrong size wire on the switch leads (tried 24g and it was just too small). I've built a Baps which was easier IMHO.

Overall it wasn't terribly hard to build, just make sure you follow the instructions EXACTLY as shown and have wire that doesn't suck up too much solder as it ends up making fitting the DNA40 into the mod hard. If you try and just build it, I would give it a 9 out of 10 with 10 being very hard. If the instructions are followed I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

edit: build time was souly on how long it took to assemble it. an entire day was spent applying six coats of clear, wet sanding it down and sanding for proper fit.

Reactions: strongdad

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
Yeah funny you say about solder wick I checked every store within a 15 mile radius and none of them had it so I just order to solder sucker online. Drunk J pointed me towards the solder sucker he said it worked better and easier. Oh and strongdad yes that is a green print from Sculpteo just clear coated it with polyurethane

-M

strongdad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
TX
It ended up taking me about two hours but mostly due to me trying to use the wrong size wire on the switch leads (tried 24g and it was just too small). I've built a Baps which was easier IMHO.

Overall it wasn't terribly hard to build, just make sure you follow the instructions EXACTLY as shown and have wire that doesn't suck up too much solder as it ends up making fitting the DNA40 into the mod hard. If you try and just build it, I would give it a 9 out of 10 with 10 being very hard. If the instructions are followed I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

edit: build time was souly on how long it took to assemble it. an entire day was spent applying six coats of clear, wet sanding it down and sanding for proper fit.
Well it turned out great man. I'm going to gather the parts and go slow. I think I can pull it off but it looks intimidating. Thanks!

And thanks to you too RGLP4Lyfe. I like the green on green a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread