SX Mini Warrenty Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Well as soon as I hit send on that post, I got a response from Perry at Varitube.

He is charging me $25.00 which includes return shipping. That isn't too bad in my book. Unfortunately, I have to wait for a chip to be shipped from China. They only sell SX350 Mini chips without the buttons for mod makers.

Hopefully the boat goes fast.

I am glad you are fine with having to pay $25 for warranty work. I personally would be livid; shipping with a Priority Mail flat rate box of the correct size is $5.95 each way. I agree that the charge isn't excessive for the performance of the work and return shipping, but YiHi should be picking up the tab for both the labor and return shipping. Unless there are extenuating circumstances that aren't apparent in this thread, I'm thinking YiHi needs to go back to the drawing board on their warranty repair service network.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Livid is an understatement! Were talking about a 200.00 mod, now plus 25 for repair and then another 25/30 for new 510.
I would make a youtube video smashing that mod into pieces and post it all over the internet!
I'm hoping some of the people reading this thread learnt something Here!

I am glad you are fine with having to pay $25 for warranty work. I personally would be livid; shipping with a Priority Mail flat rate box of the correct size is $5.95 each way. I agree that the charge isn't excessive for the performance of the work and return shipping, but YiHi should be picking up the tab for both the labor and return shipping. Unless there are extenuating circumstances that aren't apparent in this thread, I'm thinking YiHi needs to go back to the drawing board on their warranty repair service network.

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
well... it costs about $100 to ship a mod to china with delivery confirmation/tracking... and to send something back with tracking only costs a couple bucks... so its nice they have an alternative worked out that avoids that scenario...

Pioneer4you worked something out with a state side vendor to do their warranty work for them... but i don't think that helps folks in the UK much...

did the OP ever answer the authorized vendor question? why not talk to the vendor -- you would think they would have a process worked out to become authorized...

Will evolv pay to ship a device thats been RMA'ed back to China? hmmm... i dont think so ;)

Last edited:

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
well... it costs about $100 to ship a mod to china with delivery confirmation/tracking... and to send something back with tracking only costs a couple bucks... so its nice they have an alternative worked out that avoids that scenario...

Pioneer4you worked something out with a state side vendor to do their warranty work for them... but i don't think that helps folks in the UK much...

did the OP ever answer the authorized vendor question? why not talk to the vendor -- you would think they would have a process worked out to become authorized...

Will evolv pay to ship a device thats been RMA'ed back to China? hmmm... i dont think so ;)

I think everyone here understands that warranty work often involves the purchaser paying for shipping (at least to the manufacturer/warranty repair center). The problem here is that it appears that this fee is also for labor, which is not standard. Granted I have yet to actually see the fine print on YiHi's warranty since it's not included with the mod, but making a person pay for labor on a defective product (regardless of the amount) is not really a warranty. I'd say that is more of a "service plan" w/deductible arrangement...and it certainly wasn't what I expected when I bought the SXMini. The year warranty was a major selling point for many and if we can expect to be "charged" to take advantage of that warranty I for one am not pleased.

Last edited:

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I read the warranty on the Varitube website, and am thinking about buying one of these (hence today's search), the USB is only got a 90 day warranty, the rest of the mod is one year parts and labor, you are responsible for sending it back to the vendor you bought it from.

I do not wish to start anything here at all, but the one time I had to reach out to ProVape, it took 9 days from Ohio to them and back to me, warranty, free, hand-written note explaining what went wrong, an apology, and a fresh free polish job. All my prior 'china' mods were thrown away when they went wonky.

I am/was hoping that if I bought an SX Mini from Varitube I'd get reasonable warranty (if needed). Seeing this thread (thanks to the OP) is making me wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread