Status
Not open for further replies.

Alamedean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Alameda, CA
I think WzLabs has a free shipping option if you buy X-dollar amount, so if you're buying a lot from them, then their price on the PG/VG might be more tolerable, since heavy liquids do cost a lot to ship.
Oh right you are. Never saw that offer before. $65+ = free shipping. Hmm, maybe next time. Thanks

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My Freedom Smokes also has free shipping now, no minimum order!

I seemed to have misplaced the magic code :facepalm:

They also offer free shipping on orders of $75.00 or more....

That would be FREESHIPAPR :D expires tomorrow 4/27

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Any suggestions on how to use Fruit Circles? I'm thinking about adding some malted milk or sweet & tart to it. I'm not sure where to start.
I would start by searching this thread for fruit circles recipes. I have seen some good ones on here. Like many primary flavorings, they benefit from creams, vanillas and sweeteners. Good luck! :toast: :D

:2cool: :vapor:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Darn it! As much as I read this thread I goofed and ordered my 100mg nic in PG! I asked a couple of peeps (because I forgot) and they recommended ordering the nic based in PG because it was easier to handle (thinner). Planned to do a 100 drop test next weekend.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
:2cool: :vapor::toast: :D

Darn it! As much as I read this thread I goofed and ordered my 100mg nic in PG! I asked a couple of peeps (because I forgot) and they recommended ordering the nic based in PG because it was easier to handle (thinner). Planned to do a 100 drop test next weekend.
It's a lot easier to handle for sure. However, there are many syringes and syringe tapered syringes that make it a moot point anyway. Furthermore, since many recipes go as high as 30% in flavoring, you'll bump into the PG limitation, if, for example, you want to use a 30/70 PG/VG mix, which is probably the most common ratio used. As such, you need to use VG nicotine to stay at that ratio. Two cents. Good luck!

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I see. I think. So Bill, If I were to use the PG nic that I have and I wanted to make it 6mg then if I understand all this right I can make close to 30/70 right. Like 34/66?
:2cool: :vapor::toast: :D

It's a lot easier to handle for sure. However, there are many syringes and syringe tapered syringes that make it a moot point anyway. Furthermore, since many recipes go as high as 30% in flavoring, you'll bump into the PG limitation, if, for example, you want to use a 30/70 PG/VG mix, which is probably the most common ratio used. As such, you need to use VG nicotine to stay at that ratio. Two cents. Good luck!

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Riddle me this...what can I do with: vanilla custard, sweet cream, cheesecake (graham crust), and juicy peach? I just got these to try out and I'm looking for ideas. I've got a few other flavors from other manufacturers, but I think this is a strictly TFA thread

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
ordered my 100mg nic in PG

Nic doesn't mix as easily in VG and may separate out giving varying % in varying locations in the container.
Plus it is easier to use (thinner)
And in a pinch, you can pop into a Walmart/Walgreens etc to get VG.
I order my nic mixed PG.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I think you are correct.. ;)
Most of my flavorings are in the 20 - 30% range, so 6% PG/Nic would work for all of them from about 30 - 36% PG/70 - 64% VG. With such a small difference between 30/70 and 36/64, you may not even notice the difference. While I have never seen nicotine separate from anything I've ever mixed, I suppose it could happen under the right conditions. Probably a question for ItTechy, our resident chemist. What most people have trouble with with VG is using it in a syringe. Me too! However, I use these tips:

I cut these guys and make an even larger hole, and they work fine with VG now. Also, I like these syringes for larger VG amounts:

These have a very large opening and work great, plus they hold 100 mls.

The main reason I use the VG/Nic, though, is that I mix to about 30% PG much of the time and use a 30/70 ratio. For me, and me alone, mind you, I like being able to do my 100DT tests while observing these parameters. Sometimes, you just get used to certain constants in your mixing journey, because they work for you, again and again, and all things being equal, I try to establish some sort of consistency, as it helps me in many ways in my juice making. There is certainly no one right or wrong way on any of this, and I post this just to share what my own experiences are. I know when I first started vaping, I was 30/70 VG/PG, the exact opposite of what I do now. Because my gear evolved over time, so did my juice, my nicotine content, my preferred flavorings, and my Base ratios. But, find what you like and do that, establish your own rhythms, find out for yourself what works, experiment, and be true to what you like to do, without too much regard for what others experience, as there's no right or wrong way with any of this. Main thing is to just go for it and find your own happy place. Good luck to you! :toast: :D

:vapor:

this is my name

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2014
North Little Rock, AR, USA
Hello diy aficionados, I need some advice. I got strawberries and cream flavor and malted milk flavor to mix. I used strawberries and cream at 10% and malted milk at 5%. Would this mix require a sweetener to taste right? It has been steeping 48 hours now. Wondering about how long I should wait to try it.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Hello diy aficionados, I need some advice. I got strawberries and cream flavor and malted milk flavor to mix. I used strawberries and cream at 10% and malted milk at 5%. Would this mix require a sweetener to taste right? It has been steeping 48 hours now. Wondering about how long I should wait to try it.
YES!!
Single flavor mixes will not work 95% of the time. Here's an old post that was helpful on that subject:

Bill's Magic Vapor;14329272 said:
Just an observation, but I have had really good success with vanillas and creams and sweetener in my juices. Often times when I hear about members having problems with their mixes, they don't use these supporting flavorings that enhance, brighten, thicken, and enrich their primary flavors. I thought I would go back to my post about how new juice makers can make great juice today and look at some of my rules of thumb. I thought it might be helpful to list primary flavoring(s), creams and vanillas, and sweeteners as a percentage of total mix. So, here's what that looks like:

Custards

Vanillas and Creams - 12%
Sweeteners - 7%
Primaries - 7-13%

Danish

Vanillas and Creams - 6-8%
Sweeteners - 4-8%
Primaries - 7-13%
Secondaries - 3-7%

Creams

Vanillas and Creams - 10%
Sweeteners - 5%
Primaries - 7-13%

Pies

Vanillas and Creams - 5-8%
Sweeteners - 4-6%
Primaries - 7-13%
Secondaries - 4-8%

Tarts

Vanillas and Creams - 8%
Sweeteners - 2-4%
Primaries - 7-15%

Ok, so overall, my favorite juice mixes have a range of uses of these common ingredients, as follows:

Overall Ranges

Vanillas and Creams - 5-12%
Sweeteners - 2-8%
Primaries - 7-15%
Secondaries - 3-8%

Every juice must be custom tweaked to match your taste sensibilities, but there are some rules of thumb that do work for me. My average juice will have vanillas and creams of about 8%, sweeteners of about 4%, Primary flavorings of about 10%, and secondary flavorings of about 5%, or an average overall flavoring of 27%:

Average Flavorings :banana:

Vanillas and Creams - 8%
Sweeteners - 4%
Primary Flavorings - 10%
Secondary Flavorings - 5%

Total Overall flavoring in the mix = 27%. :thumb:

So, these are my rules of thumb, in hindsight, after making about two hundred different juices and over 50 ADV's. This is my happy place. Do you know yours? :rickroll:

Taste IS subjective. What works for me, may not work for you, so you have to develop your own flavorings that suit you. If you do this, you will develop profiles, probably similar to what I have shown here, with differences tailored for your tastes. After a while, the repetitive nature of juice making will cause you to instinctively know how to make juices that are going to match your tastes, as these lists show my tendencies. In so doing, you will find that you can easily design flavorings on paper, that surprisingly well work out upon first mix. It's because you have spent your time in the Vape Lab, finding what works for you. In the end, it's not magical vapor, but rather your experience that will give you the answers you need to make great juice for you, and your friends and loved ones. :2c: :D

:2cool:

Reactions: clnire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread