Status
Not open for further replies.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
3) Do you still have a cigarette every now and then? If so, what are your impressions when you have one?

I have not had one since April 6, 2014. I still have the occasional dream about smoking, although I've noticed more recently that, in such dreams, I have begun to mention that I vape instead of smoke, so I guess the psychological shift is still a work in progress. These dreams, perhaps, also go hand-in-hand with the rare urge or wistful memory of smoking, but all I need as a reminder to stay away from cigs is a walk past a smoking section at the mall... and the memory of one further experience that I had when I first started vaping:

[edit]

That is so bizarre that you have dreams like that... so do I... kind of :eek:
Only in mine, something happens to my ecig (ie: broken, left at home, out of juice, etc.) and I am forced to buy a pack of smokes!! I end up feeling so guilty about it that I find it necessary to explain to everyone just why I am smoking, and to show them my broken ecig as proof... LOL!! (and this is after almost 5 yrs. of vaping!!)

Some folks may find this strange - I still have 2 packs of smoke in the fridge - carton was bought end of Apr/early May last year - finished the previous carton shortly after that. My last smoke was when I finished a pack and decided not to open the next one. Those two packs have been sitting in the fridge for coming up on a year - they would probably be real nasty if I tried one now.
I leave them there to serve as a reminder. Have thought about maybe having some sort of ceremony at the 1 year mark and doing something with them - never know, they might still be there in another year or two.

I think I have you beat... :rolleyes:
I have 2 1/2 packs of smokes in a drawer that have been there over 4 1/2 years!!

I only had about 4 cigs the day my starter kit came, because they had already started tasting bad by the end of the day... and have been smoke-free since the following day - Friday the 13th - My Lucky Day!! (in more ways than one)
I guess I kept those smokes around thinking I would need them in case of emergency, or if I ever had the urge again. I didn't realize at the time how easy ecigs would make breaking a habit I had for over 40 years!! :D

Although I did light one up after about 6 mos. in, even knowing how much the smell bothered me by then. It was more out of curiosity than anything. The first puff was kinda "eh" so I took another. The 2nd one made me think about how different it was from the light, airy draw of an ecig. So I took a 3rd... this time puffing really hard on it a couple of times... YUCK!! I put it out and sprayed the whole room with air freshener!!!!!

But they are still sitting in that drawer... maybe we should BOTH have a little ceremony with them... I've got my 5 Year Vaperversary coming up on 8/13... ;)

nick78

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
illinois USA
goodejuice.com
Congrats tp mac63, liblue1 and sungbd! Please pm me your shipping details, a valid email address and your preferred flavor and nicotine strength. Thank you all for participating in the contest. I enjoyed reading the many inspriring stories!!

sungbd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
PM sent to nick 78.
Thank you for the chance to try your flavors~

yay_zpsdctdyvld.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread