"How many hours a day..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinetrope

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Joshua Tree, CA
I fill a tank and swap out a battery once a day so that's like...idk...two minutes, and I rewick every three or four days so that's two more, and I recoil once a week so I guess that's around two hours a month. As a smoker I wasted that much time some days, trying to find my lighter.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I really have no idea; probably more time than I spent unwrapping the cellophane on a new pk of smokes, but so what? Why does it matter? is this just another way for non-vapers to "pass judgment" on vapers? What's it to them anyway?

And that last is probably what I'd ask anyone who made such a rude inquiry: "What's it to you?"

:glare:
Andria

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I wash my Reo once a week. Not bad when i can just stick it in the sink with the battery out. When I vape unflavored, I rebuild maybe once every 3 weeks, unflavored doesn't destroy coils like flavored juices do. I spend 30 seconds every few hours to fill my subtank mini and that's about it. I just enjoy vaping and don't rebuild and such all that much.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
1-2 hours a day depending how much time my fiancée needs to clean and refill all her tanks. However we do a lot of unnecessary cleaning (and in my case rebuilding) so in reality I could get by on a lot less time, she and I just enjoy the hobby.

-Treeburner

Reactions: AndriaD

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    --About 30sec to refill my side-fill carto tank daily.
    10 min. to wash it out and change carto every 10 days.
    0 time maintaining a passthru battery.

--A few yrs ago, had to condom top- off 7 cartos 2wice a day ( ty carto-tank). Then boil all them weekly and a 2 day dry off for re-use.

--Before that, a small cartridge on an atty- refill several times a day, then cleaning and washing and testing all carts and atties.

Last edited:
    Couple minutes of filling/fiddlin' every day. About 5 minutes every other day to wash and rewick. Maybe once a week, half hour to try some new coil configuration on something.

Actually joked about this the other week while visiting a friend. We stepped out for a smoke/vape break, and as we were walking out, he commented on how he didnt care for the vapes because they took too much work. He then proceeded to pat down all the pockets on his clothes twice, open his car door and look around, and mumble something about "damned lighter..." as he went back inside to rummage. When he came out, I just held up my mod and said "Yeah, so much work...pushing a button, ha! Find a lighter yet?".

Also now that I think of it, I'm positive I spent more time maintaining my Zippo than I do on just basic vape maintenance.

And now that I think of that...how has no one come up with a Zippo-like device to drip juice with? Zippo exterior, U-can style bottle inside. I'd buy 3.

Reactions: AndriaD

wheelie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    www.independentont.com
    On average about an hour to hour and a half a day. Mine and and wife's vapes I clean them almost daily. Rebuild three Kanger dual coils and any my kids have as they have a free exchange program. Usually have to wick at least one or two of mine. Mixing juice for myself, wife and my three kids. Practising clouds for a half hour a night, charging batteries. Often said to the wife I don't know how people vape if they are not at least a little mechanically inclined. Wife and three kids vape for free. Dad pays all the bills.

six

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    It takes less than 2 minutes to fill my bottle and swap batteries every day. Every three days, it takes about 3 minutes to re-wick. Every three weeks or so, it takes something around 10 minutes (on one of my more difficult attys) to make and install new coils -=- or (on one of my easier attys) something less than 5 minutes to wrap and install a new coil. Every three months, it takes about 15-20 minutes to mix down some nic and make a half liter of juice.... All averaged out, it comes out to a little less than 4 minutes per day.

93gc40

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 5, 2014
    California
    24 hrs In total>>> 1-3 batt changes, 75% of a wick change, 3 tank fills and maybe once to tweak the wattage. Doubt it much more than I spent playing with or looking for lighters or lost packs of cigs.. Sure there wasn't the maintenance , call it another 30 minute once in a while to build a coil.. I don't PLAY with my Vape I USE it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread