Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Might I suggest you post this in all the threads you pass through. There is no telling how many people might be upset because someone didnt respond to a PM thread they sent, especially in the classified and co-op sections.

FYI:

You cannot respond to PMs sent prior to the upgrade, the other party will not get it.
You must start a NEW "conversation".

The links between old PMs and their recipient did not carry through to the new system

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Just as an FYI....

We think we have discovered a peculiarity of the upgrade.

If you "reply" to a "pre-upgrade" PM, the other party will not get the message.

Classy and I just figured it out the hard way. Dont reply to pre-upgrade PMs, start a NEW "conversation".
Well I discovered another peculiarity... If someone leaves an old pm (now conversation) before you do, you can't delete the conversation.

I was trying to clean up the house and there are tons of PMs I can't 'leave' because the other party has already left them.

That and I seem to be unable to delete any past conversation of a specific user...

Oh and bulk deletes (leaves) doesn't work either...

This is all in the mobile version.

Tapatalk can't delete PMs either. Going to try on my laptop next.

Reactions: kathi17

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I just had a conversation that I could not leave.

I kept getting a white screen after leaving the conversation.

I decided to send a Test msg to the sender explaining what I was trying - and then tried to leave the conversation...

It worked !

EDIT : I hope she isn't stuck with it now !!!!!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Well I discovered another peculiarity... If someone leaves an old pm (now conversation) before you do, you can't delete the conversation.

I was trying to clean up the house and there are tons of PMs I can't 'leave' because the other party has already left them.

That and I seem to be unable to delete any past conversation of a specific user...

Oh and bulk deletes (leaves) doesn't work either...

This is all in the mobile version.

Tapatalk can't delete PMs either. Going to try on my laptop next.

Classy found a work around for this!!! Wake the PM up by pretending to send it. It won't send but it wakes it up and you can delete it!

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal

I decided to send a Test msg to the sender explaining what I was trying - and then tried to leave the conversation...

It worked !

Same thing... Problem is that the other party already left so no chance to reply :(

Reactions: kathi17

jafmf95

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Potatoland

It worked !

She probably is. SG and I tried the same thing. Now she has my zombie....

Reactions: tiburonfirst

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast

It worked !

Probably works fine for new conversations, but old conversations that are still hanging around eat into our 300 conversation quota. Maybe a compromise could be considered that would increase the quota for the non $24 members.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Xen Foro tips and tricks | E-Cigarette Forum

What is nice, all the conversations that have to do with each other are no longer scattered throughout your inbox. They are all contained in that one 'thread'. To prioritize, you need to create 'indexes'. You can then assign a prefix, that you have named and assigned a color to, attach it to the conversation.

I have mine set up so I have a color associated with all correspondences with other moderators and the prefix states: Moderators. So at a glance, I can tell which are those conversations.

I have assigned a color and the title Keepers for very important stuff. Like phone numbers and addresses of friends. I have also made a file of those offline, but sometimes it is more convenient looking through the few that are 'Keepers'.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, Robin. What I'd like to do is to save the conversations as we used to do by saving to text. How would we do that now, please?

jafmf95

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Potatoland
Classy found a work around for this!!! Wake the PM up by pretending to send it. It won't send but it wakes it up and you can delete it!
Idea. How about setting up a dummy account we could invite into our zombie conversations. Then we could delete our end and you could kill the account when we are all cleaned up.?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Has anyone tried marking the conversation as unread and then trying to delete it?

FWIW, last night (and today, earlier) I was able to delete all conversations started by someone else, but not those started by me. Singly and en masse--it worked just fine. Right now, I can't delete anything--not the old, not the new, no matter who started them and no matter what I do...

So there.

Reactions: tmcase

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Idea. How about setting up a dummy account we could invite into our zombie conversations. Then we could delete our end and you could kill the account when we are all cleaned up.?

That would have to involve Retired. He is sleeping now. I will put this suggestion to him tomorrow. I wonder if that would work.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread