MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Warning!

ruh - ruh. These was just figured out in another thread. You you reply to a conversation that was actually started in the 'old' ECF it's not delivered to the recipient(s).

UPDATE:

You cannot respond to PMs sent prior to the upgrade, the other party will not get it.
You must start a NEW "conversation".

The links between old PMs and their recipient did not carry through to the new system

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Did you happen to notice the two 18650 batteries on charge on the little bar counter over the sink? (right above the outlet hanging outta the wall) :lol:

newp, didn't notice but I'm not very observant. lol

kewl Ken!!

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Wow! That bell cap looks nice. I'd be scared of breaking it though. Is the new replacement base different than the original?
The bell cap is plastic. Only problem I've found with it is it doesn't hold enough juice. I vape a lot and have to fill it entirely too often. Only holds maybe 2 to 2.5 ml of juice. The replacement base on the other hand is great. Has really nice deep juice channels. Not bad for Fastech. The bell was around 5 bucks and the replacement base was $6.64. The Kayfil was around 4. I think Busardo has a video that shows the Kayfil.
Basically you take out the drip tip and stick it into the top. As you unscrew the tank the Kayfil lowers into the tank and fills the holes left when the chimney section comes out. The thing is machined to match the various size o-rings in the tank to block them. Place the tank upside down and remove the base. Kayfil keeps the tank from emptying around the o-rings through the drip tip opening.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Beautiful tile job, Doree and Matt! In the pictures you posted today, there are spots where it looks like individual tiles are missing. But, in a picture you posted a few days ago, it seemed like a small number of the tiles were translucent/transparent, and I presume that's what I'm seeing.

Below: roasted cabbage steaks with garlic, and roasted celery with tarragon. I followed actual recipes for both but there is now no doubt that my oven temperature is much higher than where I set the temperature dial. I kind of knew that already and set the temperature a little low, but not low enough.

Nevertheless, these were pretty darn good, even the super-crispy parts. I'll definitely try both of these again, although I'll use some foil to cover them for most of the time in the oven.

RoastedCabbage_Celery.jpg

Last edited:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Me too!! That is so steampunk I MUST have it! :lol:

And on another note... I just got two sets of outdoor solar lights

I got two sets because if I really stretch myself, I can think of 3 places to put one... But if you read the description, it takes an 18650 battery! Charges to full in about 8 hours. If I ever lose power for a few days, I can charge my batteries!

That's a great idea. Going on my wish list.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Beautiful tile job, Doree and Matt! In the pictures you posted today, there are spots where it looks like individual tiles are missing. But, in a picture you posted a few days ago, it seemed like a small number of the tiles were translucent/transparent, and I presume that's what I'm seeing.

Below: roasted cabbage steaks with garlic, and roasted celery with tarragon. I followed actual recipes for both but there is now no doubt that my oven temperature is much higher than where I set the temperature dial. I kind of knew that already and set the temperature a little low, but not low enough.

Nevertheless, these were pretty darn good, even the super-crispy parts. I'll definitely try both of these again.

View attachment 453515
"missing" tiles are glass. I think it gives the whole field a really cool 3D look. Thanks for all the compliments folks. I'll make sure I pass them on to Doree. She really did most of the work. MUCH more patience than I have.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
just learned a new trick.

kewl huh! this is the thing next to the film strip, and it's also where the strike through went

Thanks Deb. Now I know where quotes and strike-through went. Still can't find any superscript or subscript option now though.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Heading up to the horizontal surface in just a bit. Wish me luck. Didn't get to sleep until around 4am this morning. Thankfully Doree let me sleep in till around 10:30am. Made the day tolerable. Goodnight my friends. See you in the morning unless I can't sleep again tonight then, I'll be back in a while.

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
OK - fess up - what's the name of that moth? You're like the folks in the picture thread posting pic's of nice looking mods and not telling folks what kind it is. :mad:

I honestly have no idea, he didn't say, but we can call him George if you like...:D

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
Heh-heh! I think Mike was looking for something more descriptive. How about Big George?

After a quick Google it looks like he's a Polyphemus moth, named after the giant one eyed monster of Homer's Odyssey. This is the first one I ever remember seeing.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I honestly have no idea, he didn't say, but we can call him George if you like...:D

Smack ... Smack ...:grr:

After a quick Google it looks like he's a Polyphemus moth, named after the giant one eyed monster of Homer's Odyssey. This is the first one I ever remember seeing.

Redeemed ... :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread