Wanting new Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

CANCHASER

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
LAKE WALES
I currently use Halo's Triton batteries and I like the batteries but I do not like the tanks. I have been having issues with them wicking and it's annoying. I use the batteries now with the regular cartomizers because the cartos always work and I don't have to fiddle with them. The problem is they are a regular carto and don't hold much juice so I'm always topping them off. I've always like the streamlined look of the triton and ego style batteries and the battery life is ok on them but I'm tired of having to fiddle with crap. I just want to pour in some juice and be able to vape for a while without worrying about anything.

I have noticed the Isticks and they actually look kinda cool but I'm still concerned about jumping into the box mod world. My other concern is what tank would you use on them that would be better than the Triton tanks, do they make some that are hassle free and you can just vape and maybe screw on a new coil every week or two. Another thing is it seems all the new tanks out there have metal mouthpieces and I HATE those, they feel horrible on my lips. I like the regular plastic kind that don't get cold or hot but are just normal feeling (if that makes sense).

If someone could please give some advise on a tank, there are so many new things out there and I'm lost. I have been vaping off and on for several years but have never found anything to keep me off cigs for more than 6 months at a time because of all the fidgiting thats involved. Also any thoughts about going from an ego style battery to a Istick.

Thanks for any and all help. This stuff is so confusing to me.

CANCHASER

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
LAKE WALES
Thanks for the reply and I have been researching away since I posted and found another device which is a mod but still round and small. I purchased an Ego One, the 1100mah one because it was smaller. I decided I like the looks of it better and I will still be able to try different tanks because it is the 510 threading. I am fixing to look up the Nautilus Mini as well. Can you tell me if you can use a different tip with them or if you are stuck with the steel ones they come with. Thanks again, all the help is greatly appreciated.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
I currently use Halo's Triton batteries and I like the batteries but I do not like the tanks. I have been having issues with them wicking and it's annoying. I use the batteries now with the regular cartomizers because the cartos always work and I don't have to fiddle with them. The problem is they are a regular carto and don't hold much juice so I'm always topping them off. I've always like the streamlined look of the triton and ego style batteries and the battery life is ok on them but I'm tired of having to fiddle with crap. I just want to pour in some juice and be able to vape for a while without worrying about anything.

I have noticed the Isticks and they actually look kinda cool but I'm still concerned about jumping into the box mod world. My other concern is what tank would you use on them that would be better than the Triton tanks, do they make some that are hassle free and you can just vape and maybe screw on a new coil every week or two. Another thing is it seems all the new tanks out there have metal mouthpieces and I HATE those, they feel horrible on my lips. I like the regular plastic kind that don't get cold or hot but are just normal feeling (if that makes sense).

If someone could please give some advise on a tank, there are so many new things out there and I'm lost. I have been vaping off and on for several years but have never found anything to keep me off cigs for more than 6 months at a time because of all the fidgiting thats involved. Also any thoughts about going from an ego style battery to a Istick.

Thanks for any and all help. This stuff is so confusing to me.

My vote goes to the Nautilus Full Size with The BVC coils

Reactions: WonderDude32

CANCHASER

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
LAKE WALES
Ok, so I got the new EGO ONE in the mail about 30 minutes ago and OMG this is the best flavor I have ever gotten out of any of the stuff I have tried. Granted, I have never ventured into the mech mod world before this but this thing blows regular cartos and tanks out of the water. I can not believe how amazing and different the flavor is. I do believe I will have to cut my nicotine in half using this thing though. I will repost on here in a week or so after using it and let everyone know how my feelings about it change (if they do). Again I have been vaping off and on for a few years and this is the best flavor I have ever gotten and the amount of vapor is off the chain. I am using the 1.0 coil and won't even be trying the .5 one because this thing has massive vapor and flavor using 1.0 ohm.

Reactions: roxynoodle

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Transitioning from a Halo Triton kit to an Ego One is a big step. I still love the Triton tanks/T2's, but I loaded one up recently and... compared to a KFL or RDA, it's all barely there. But, like you, used them when I first started vaping and they did their job and got me off cigarettes. But 2 years later, they're a bit weak for how I am currently vaping.

I hope you enjoy you're new gear. And yes, since it has more airflow and lower resistance, you'll need to lower your nic. And don't be surprised if you once favorite liquid suddenly isn't any longer. It's just part of the journey.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Thanks Jefsview, what do you think I should lower the nic to. Do you think dropping from 24 to 12 would be to drastic, I still have huge bottles of the 24mg so I could always mix between them to get the right mg for me now with my awesome device lol.

That's a big drop. I started with 24, and it took a year and RTA's for me to drop to 18. I'm still comfortable with 18, although I use 12 in drippers. If you can afford it, try both. I just find that 12 just doesn't deliver the throat hit I need to have. 18 still delivers that. But everyone's chemistry/body is different.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Thanks Jefsview, what do you think I should lower the nic to. Do you think dropping from 24 to 12 would be to drastic, I still have huge bottles of the 24mg so I could always mix between them to get the right mg for me now with my awesome device lol.

When I went from the Halo Triton at 24 mg to the iStick with subohm tanks, I went down to 6 mg. The first day at 6 mg I would chain vape, but by the second day my body got used to it. Now if I start chain vaping, I will actually get a little light headed from the nicotine.

CANCHASER

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
LAKE WALES
I guess I'm weird because I don't like heavy flavors and lately just been mixing the plain nic with my menthol nic and only at a 1/4 ratio and the flavor is where I want it (mild). So I ordered my 0mg unflavored juice to do my mixing down with and remembered I had a bottle of 0mg Mystic and mixed that half and half with 24mg unflavored and tried this 12mg stuff in my EGO ONE and the nic is much better. The flavor is still a little strong but I think the nic level is good. So when I get my 0mg in the mail I should be able to make the perfect match. Oh and patience was not my virtue and I went ahead and ordered another EGO ONE, even if I have a few bobbles with it, it's still so much better than what I was using and I'm still on the same battery charge since yesterday at 2pm and it still shows it has a lot of battery left. So excited.

Reactions: jefsview
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread