Status
Not open for further replies.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
HB 1432 will become law in July 2016 and we'll not be able to purchase Nicoticket e liquids here in Indiana as of that date. Not unless Clark Kent decides it would be worth it to jump through several hoops, some of which no sane business person would agree to. I'm going to be ok, I have siblings out west who can order for me and get the liquid to me. It would be wise for my fellow Hoosiers to begin coming up with a game plan that works for them. I'm not sure yet if this will affect just premade e liquids or if DIY is affected as well.

For those Hoosiers who've been keeping on eye on HB 1432, no... Pence has neither signed nor vetoed it, but I found out today that it really doesn't matter what he does. If he vetoes, his veto will be overridden.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
WOW, this is terrible news. I am glad you have a way around it, but feel bad for the people who don't.
I find it amazingly ignorant that you can buy alcohol and cigarettes on every corner, but not eliquid. UNTIL they can get the tax on it worked out for the government's profit and then it is instantly A-OK again. :nah:

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
For those of you who are unfamiliar with what's going on here in Indiana here is a post from our Governors face book page, written by a concerned vaper, that sums up the situation in a nutshell. The specifics are hard to find but I do know that in order to be in compliance with the new laws thousands of dollars of updates and enhancements will be required for each and every vape shop and most vape shops here are small mom and pop shops that will have to close their doors due to the impossibility of meeting said requirements. I want to make sure this info is available because I'm sure other states are watching and may follow suit before to long.

"
I asked you once before to protect people who use e cigarettes now is your chance to do so.
Please veto HB 1432 and anything like it for these reasons.
The following are the ways in which HB1432 threatens vaping and the vaping business in Indiana:

1: HB 1432 puts nearly 200 small businesses and over 1,800 gainfully employed Hoosiers in jeopardy. The lack of product choices and the cost of compliance will force many small businesses to close their doors.

2: HB 1432 criminalizes home brewing of e-liquid, for personal use. Home brewing, or DIY, is currently allowed for beer, wine, dry tobacco, and other adult products.

3: HB 1432 will place unheard of and unlawful restrictions on out-of-state manufacturers. This bill tries to assert authority over an out-of-state manufacturer’s production process, facility design, security measures, and personnel. This is not done to any other industry and is clearly unconstitutional.

4: HB 1432 requires small manufactures to enter into an expensive 5 year contract with a third party security firm. Forcing small businesses to be bound by lengthy contacts serves no real purpose. If the state changes its security requirements or the business just isn't happy with the services provided the business will have to pay huge termination fees. Also, there are only a handful of security companies that meet all the requirements.

5: HB 1432 places redundant and costly requirements on the labeling of finished products. The bill requires that manufacturers place not only a printed Batch Number, but also a redundant QR Code that links to a webpage that lists the same batch number. This added step will require specific labels just for products sold in Indiana. This will also add additional labor and equipment costs associated with maintaining this data online.

6: HB 1432 requires that manufactures maintain a clean and sanitary facility, but then requires all packaging be done in the same “clean room” where e-liquid is mixed and bottled. Having cardboard, packing foam, and other packaging materials in your “clean room” violates the Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP) standards used by every other industry. This requirement will prevent manufacturers from receiving third party certification of their facilities.

7: HB 1432 contains a section that says permits will be issued until June 30th, 2016. This one line is reason enough to veto this bill. This will prevent any new manufactures from ever being able to operate or sell their products in Indiana. This is a perverse violation of the free market principles that make Indiana a “business friendly climate”.

8: Our industry met with both Senator Yoder and Representative Mahan on numerous occasions. Each time these issues were brought up, they both agreed that they needed to be fixed or thought they had already been removed. These same statements were made, by Sen. Yoder and Rep. Mahan, to other legislators on the chamber floor or in committee hearings. They were not changed.

For some reason all big tobacco Ecig's are exempt from the Bill? Why is this and how are they different for the small businesses?

Governor Pence I urge you to veto this bill. I, and all vapor shop owners, agree that regulations need to be placed on this industry. Let's work together to make sure that the laws and regulations cultivate the industry and not stifle or crush what could possibly be called one of the greatest health movements in decades."

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Yep, Megan, it's totally over the top. And I think it will be challenged in some way at some point due to the fact that Indiana is trying to control business outside our state, it can't be right and has to be a violation of commerce somehow. I don't understand how a state can stop it's citizens from purchasing something from a legitimate business.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Yep, Megan, it's totally over the top. And I think it will be challenged in some way at some point due to the fact that Indiana is trying to control business outside our state, it can't be right and has to be a violation of commerce somehow. I don't understand how a state can stop it's citizens from purchasing something from a legitimate business.

I hear lawyers drool hitting the floor....nope that's just sharks in the water. WE ARE ADULTS!!! STOP TRYING TO BE OUR MOMMIES AND DADDIES!!!!! *more flailing*

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
That bill is absolutely over the top. There is a big stench of BT all over this. :evil: Grrr, must control anger into something productive... :-x:mad:

I remade coils cussing the whole way through them. Seriously angry and feel so helpless....maybe I'll order more NT. I have 1200ml coming Monday. That is what I do when the regulation panic hits. :cry:

(I should give the guys a break though....:unsure: )

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I'll be stocking up on NT for the next several months. I already asked Kent if he will be selling to Indiana residents after this bill goes into affect and unfortunately the answer was no, and I understand. We'll see how much NT I can amass over the next year! :w00t:

One thing I do remember from the very first meeting in our state house was a guy from one of the BT companies speaking about how this bill would actually exclude his companies brand of e cig because they don't own their own clean room in Indiana, they have a clean room business do all that for them. Wouldn't it be a kicker if BT had to take this bill to court to get this bill booted because it turns out they now can't sell their ecigs in Indiana? One can hope right?

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
That's dreadful - so blatantly transparent. Puts me in mind of Putins untruths ...the world knows, but who could challenge him - and it looks the same with this:
They just don't listen to anyone, not even the physicians and scientists.

Save lives, not money!

Clark46227

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2014
Indy
I have three vaping brothers in Indiana. i have a feeling i will be shipping supplies their way.

The three vaping brothers sounds like a Marx brothers film...

th (9).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread