Not open for further replies.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
here's my thoughts...

just in case there is a glitch...let's hold off on trying to Leave Conversations till people have a chance
to look at things tomorrow ??
Oh so I'm suppose to go to bed at 3 am with my "home" in a mess? I can't sleep like that [emoji14]

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Xen Foro tips and tricks | E-Cigarette Forum

What is nice, all the conversations that have to do with each other are no longer scattered throughout your inbox. They are all contained in that one 'thread'. To prioritize, you need to create 'indexes'. You can then assign a prefix, that you have named and assigned a color to, attach it to the conversation.

I have mine set up so I have a color associated with all correspondences with other moderators and the prefix states: Moderators. So at a glance, I can tell which are those conversations.

I have assigned a color and the title Keepers for very important stuff. Like phone numbers and addresses of friends. I have also made a file of those offline, but sometimes it is more convenient looking through the few that are 'Keepers'.

Hope this helps!

Okay - SInce "You" were able to accomplish this feat - I am hoping "You" can help "Me" . . . I wrote an earlier post in this thread concerning "Conversations"/"Old PM's and the problem I have been experiencing . . . I was sent to that link and tried to use "Prefixes" option as instructed, however that was a - HUGE FAIL - given no matter what I did . . . Especially since as the instructions said "Where it says "Other Action" on the popup, click on that and then select "Set Conversations Prefix" . . . Well - The "floating option box" just disappears and nothing else happens . . . Which I also post about, but I never got a response . . . I really would like to Group Messages to save and delete the rest . . . Can "You" provide "Me" with any other information . . . Thanks :D

Has anyone tried marking the conversation as unread and then trying to delete it?

YES - Some disappear and other come back, just as they did in "Poltergeist II" . . .

They%E2%80%99re-Back-e1418406327649.jpeg

BTW: A number of PM's I deleted before the "Migration" did too . . . :mad:

EDIT: Forgot to ask - Is it normal that when ya' leave a "Conversation" to be taen to a totally blank page ? ? ? :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: Katya

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Step by step instructions for Prefixes:

First thing you need to do is define them.
Click on your name
Click on Personal Details
Left side of the page under 'Conversations' three lines down Click on 'Conversation Prefixes'
Click on 'Create New Prefix'
New page comes up. You need to figure out what the title of the prefix will be.
Fill in the 'Title' box
Pick a 'Color' for the prefix by clicking the little circle next to the color you want
Ignore 'Display Order' for now....I don't know how that works yet. I haven't played around with it.
Click 'Save Prefix'

Now you are ready to set prefixes on your conversations.

The next post will address that

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
After you have created the 'Prefixes' that you want to use for your conversations:

After you have saved your prefixes, go back to the screen that had the Conversation on the left side of the screen:

Click on 'View Conversations'
Click on the box next to the conversation you wish to add a prefix to
A box will pop up, click on 'Other Action' and a drop down list will present itself
10th item down is 'Set Conversations Prefix'
New box comes up
Click on the part that says '(No prefix)'
A list will drop down that has all the prefixes that you have previously defined.
Choose the prefix that you want to assign to the conversation
Click 'Set Prefix'

Your conversation will have the colored prefix that you have assigned to it.

Please tell me that this helps you, Uncle!!!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
10th item down is 'Set Conversations Prefix'

THE MISSING OPTION ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Mysteriously appeared and is Now Found . . . :rickroll:

Please tell me that this helps you, Uncle!!!

More Then - HELPED . . . :D

AND - I can't tell Ya' how much I really appreciated "YOUR" assistance, especially by replying to "My" query as quickly as Ya' did . . .

SO - If it is NOT TO BOLD OF "ME" (and even if it is - I'm still gonna do it) . . .

Emoticons+Animados+1.gif

Gotta' "Love" A GOOD WOMAN ! ! ! !
smileys-wants-a-big-hug-smiley-emoticon.gif

NOW - Where have Ya' been all this time that I've been here . . . ;)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
YAY! I am sooooooooooooo glad it worked for you. It is REALLY hard to see that item in that list.

Well to be perfectly honest, it "REALLY" wasn't there before . . .
troubled-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

I know it was "YOU" that made it happen and just appear . . .
blowkisses.gif

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Kwick kwery... how does one save conversations? Space is getting madly used up here, and I would like to retain some of them. I apologize, but I don't see the option.

Thanks, Robin. What I'd like to do is to save the conversations as we used to do by saving to text. How would we do that now, please?

Copy and paste into a word document :cry:

I can see how that might work for one simple conversation, but not for multiple ones. I belive XF has the ability to export conversations in a variety of different formats, including HTML, XML and plain text. I don't see the options yet on our conversations. Perhaps it's coming?

Export Conversations | XenForo Community

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I can see how that might work for one simple conversation, but not for multiple ones. I belive XF has the ability to export conversations in a variety of different formats, including HTML, XML and plain text. I don't see the options yet on our conversations. Perhaps it's coming?

Export Conversations | XenForo Community
That's an add-on, and is not native to XF, unfortunately. I used that function on vB myself and miss it too. As to whether it's coming...? Only time will tell. We're still getting all the nuts and bolts sorted for now. :)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
That's an add-on, and is not native to XF, unfortunately. I used that function on vB myself and miss it too. As to whether it's coming...? Only time will tell. We're still getting all the nuts and bolts sorted for now. :)

Good to know and good to go, sonic. I would like to have that ability. If not, and because of the space limitations, the only other option is to delete (or "leave") the conversations. If we must delete/leave them, then we will, but I'm going to hang on and wait for the nuts and bolts sorting for now. :)

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread