3,452 Parents and Grandparents urge President Obama to protect children from all tobacco products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Voting has consequences. The 'progressive' vapers will get what they deserve in the end...
I must be tired, can you provide a road map as to how your post relates to my post or the exchange we've been having?

Sent from my zombie defense stronghold using Tapatalk - now Free

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Normally I would agree with you, even though I am one of those dreaded liberals. Unfortunately I don't think this is true for tobacco. While many are open to the idea of THR when you have a one on one conversation with them, the notion that smoking is akin to forcing nuns to kill puppies is deeply ingrained in our society as a whole. Even many smokers AND vapers have a deep seeded hatred of tobacco, and are convinced there has to be something harmful about vaping, because it resembles smoking. When questioned, they are hard pressed to come up with any factual evidence for this idea, but many are still unable to let go of it.

Some of the hate regarding THR comes from so called "conservatives", but a lot more of it comes from "liberals". Libertarians have far and away been the most supportive.

Politically, I identify somewhat to the left of self-described liberals, but I share part of the mindset of libertarians, in that governments need to be watched carefully, seeing as how they will take from the people when allowed. In the US, conservatives and liberals favor oppression by forcing people to live by their narrow moral standards, even when the behaviors they object to hurt no one, or no one other than the person engaging in them.

The Democratic Party seems to me to be in self-destruct mode with their dishonest attacks on vaping and other THR. The truth will eventually spread, and they will suffer the consequences of their actions. I think the Republicans will eventually see a huge political advantage in attacking the hate, and will come around to the truth long before the Democrats will.

I'd hate to see a lot of other issues go more the Republicans' way on account of all of this, but then again, millions of lives could quite possibly be saved by defeating the dishonest, ideological extremism we are being bullied with.

Liberals need to wake up. Senator Richard Durbin is one of my senators, and is one of the worst enemies of THR. In the past I've cast votes against him in primaries, and at least once or twice for him in general elections as the 'lesser of two evils', but I will never, ever, ever vote for him again. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Reactions: DC2

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Americans don't want kids vaping...

tobaccofreekids. org/content/press_office/2015/2015_04_14_poll_presentation.pdf

The poll asking about the proposed FDA regulations I find to be dishonest, in that it doesn't mention anything about the February 2007 cut-off date for innovation. It gets nearly no mention in the media, and if more people knew, the regulations would have far less support.

Last edited by a moderator:

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
And the gullible, can't-think-for-themselves public are buying it, in disturbing numbers.

Something else I noticed while searching for public opinion on vaping and ecigs - go back a year or two and most articles indicate the public is in favor (obviously understanding, to some degree, that it MUST be less harmful than smoking). Fast forward to today and those numbers are flipping. Sad.

Yes. Disturbing. Sad. You are absolutely correct on both counts.

Reactions: KattMamma

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Most of the anti e-cig organizations, proposals, media campaigns... Are of a certain political ideology. Those who blindly back said ideology will get the vaping climate and world they deserve...

I understood what you said, just not what it has to do with "Walmart vapers" having an impact on public opinion, or were you using that phrase as some form of derogatory name for liberals?

As for liberal politicians being hugely anti-vape, I agree, and it is unfortunate. I express myself to my politicians as much as I can. I am not a single issue voter though.

Reactions: KattMamma

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
As for liberal politicians being hugely anti-vape, I agree, and it is unfortunate. I express myself to my politicians as much as I can. I am not a single issue voter though.

I'm not a single issue voter, either, but my voting has a very large anit-corruption agenda to it, and I see the anti-THR movement as being one of the most corrupt agendas in my lifetime. I am determined not to vote for one of its top leaders.

I think it's best that we try to point out the contradinctions (hypocracy) in the stance our liberal aquaintances may be engaging in and convincing them that there is nothing liberal or progressive in attempting to destroy vaping, by dishonestly feeding people's fear of newness.

Reactions: AndriaD

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I see the anti-THR movement as being one of the most corrupt agendas in my lifetime.
there is nothing liberal or progressive in attempting to destroy vaping, by dishonestly feeding people's fear of newness.

I see the anti-THR movement as being one of the most BLATANTLY corrupt agendas in my lifetime.

I see corrupt agendas everywhere I look - you don't have to be paranoid to see it - you just have to look a little harder.

But the anti-THR movement is the most blatantly corrupt agenda I can recall ever looking into. Not only is there blatant lies and deliberate manipulation, but it just defies logic.

I totally agree with your last statement.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Something else I noticed while searching for public opinion on vaping and ecigs - go back a year or two and most articles indicate the public is in favor (obviously understanding, to some degree, that it MUST be less harmful than smoking). Fast forward to today and those numbers are flipping. Sad.

This is what I find interesting. Despite the activists, public opinion concerning vaping in the US is getting worse the longer vaping has been around. Perhaps the Walmart vapers are having an impact...

I think because a few years ago tobacco and pharmaceutical companies as well as states and others weren't losing money to the vapin' business there wasn't as much 'anti-vape' BS being flung around.

'The children' weren't in danger until fat wallets were in danger of not getting so fat anymore.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    But the anti-THR movement is the most blatantly corrupt agenda I can recall ever looking into. Not only is there blatant lies and deliberate manipulation, but it just defies logic.

This is true until you take into account somdcomputergu's post, TC and the ANTZ have had free rein for the last 3-4 decades to tell any lie and take as much money as they wanted. Then a Chinese Pharmacist used modern batteries, a 40 year old idea and modern technology to create a viable, much safer subsitute for cumbustible tobacco. They tried to declare nicotine a drug in 2009 and were shot down by the courts and ever since they have fallen back on their lies and propaganda which worked so well for the last 50 years, see second, third and so on hand smoke.

E-cigarettes are removing a large income stream from BG, BT, TC, research groups and the ANTZ and to them it becomes extremely logical to use any means necessary to gain control over them.

It isn't paranoia when they are out to get you.

:2c:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    This is true until you take into account somdcomputergu's post, TC and the ANTZ have had free rein for the last 3-4 decades to tell any lie and take as much money as they wanted. Then a Chinese Pharmacist used modern batteries, a 40 year old idea and modern technology to create a viable, much safer subsitute for cumbustible tobacco. They tried to declare nicotine a drug in 2009 and were shot down by the courts and ever since they have fallen back on their lies and propaganda which worked so well for the last 50 years, see second, third and so on hand smoke.

E-cigarettes are removing a large income stream from BG, BT, TC, research groups and the ANTZ and to them it becomes extremely logical to use any means necessary to gain control over them.

It isn't paranoia when they are out to get you.

:2c:

And there are now millions of vapers with "PH" in their crosshairs... ;)

Andria

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    What's assumed to be the 'majority' in this case, and in most cases, is the group with the biggest megaphone.
    Simply that they happen to be the the loudest group doesn't mean they're right, just that they're the loudest.
    It's amazing that people don't understand this basic distinction.
    And this problem is only compounded by the tendency of the Mainstream Media to highlight minority voices.
    Except, of course, in our case.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    While many are open to the idea of THR when you have a one on one conversation with them, the notion that smoking is akin to forcing nuns to kill puppies is deeply ingrained in our society as a whole. Even many smokers AND vapers have a deep seeded hatred of tobacco, and are convinced there has to be something harmful about vaping,
    Yeah, that was the plan all along, and it's working much too well...
    Rampant Antismoking Signifies Grave Danger

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    I think because a few years ago tobacco and pharmaceutical companies as well as states and others weren't loosing money to the vapin' business there wasn't as much 'anti-vape' BS being flung around.

'The children' weren't in danger until fat wallets were in danger of not getting so fat anymore.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    A brief history of who has opposed electronic cigarettes...

It stared with Big Pharma funded ANTZ groups.
    After vaping got bigger, Big Government joined the fight because losing money.
    And then Big Tobacco got involved, trying to shape coming regulations in their favor.

There was a fair amount of "anti-vape" BS being flung around as far back as 2009.
    But it just increases with time, and loss of money by the Big Players.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Yeah, that was the plan all along, and it's working much too well...
    Rampant Antismoking Signifies Grave Danger
    I do my best to try to fight it, and to get people to examine why they feel the way that they do, but it's an uphill battle as evidenced by my exchanges in this thread. There's a poll thread on here that makes me die a little inside every time it pops up. 90% of participants blindly accept the basis for all regulation against vaping. When questioned, I actually get the same run around you see with anti-thr people, well we have to protect the kids, from what I'm not sure, but there must be something!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    I do my best to try to fight it, and to get people to examine why they feel the way that they do, but it's an uphill battle as evidenced by my exchanges in this thread. There's a poll thread on here that makes me die a little inside every time it pops up. 90% of participants blindly accept the basis for all regulation against vaping. When questioned, I actually get the same run around you see with anti-thr people, well we have to protect the kids, from what I'm not sure, but there must be something!
    I haven't voted on that poll yet, and I doubt I ever will.
    I'm sort of torn.

Since the "new breed" of vapers are younger and doing it because it's fun and cool...
    And not really to save their lives...

The flavors are still something that concerns me.
    So the fact that many of "them" are using zero nicotine doesn't affect my opinion.

Nicotine, in my opinion, is perfectly fine.
    Unless you have pre-existing medical conditions which also preclude the use of caffeine.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2015
    DFW Area, Texas
    Since the "new breed" of vapers are younger and doing it because it's fun and cool...
    And not really to save their lives...
    I understand your concern about the youngsters, but think about this : If they didn't have access to vaping stuff, what would they do instead? I believe a large number of them would be smoking. Or maybe doing <other things we cannot mention>.

When I was a teenager, I probably would have started vaping instead of smoking if it had been an option.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I say it's far better for teens to vape, even to do the whole cloud-chase thing, even with 24mg nicotine, than to EVER smoke. Nicotine isn't all that addictive for someone who's never smoked, but it doesn't take much smoking before that addiction is present and accounted for and dying for a smoke. I think I heard that if you smoke daily for a week, you're addicted. That could be wrong, just more ANTZ BS, but what if it's true?

Kids follow fads, they do what their friends do, and vaping is so much less harmful, and WON'T leave them with a nasty addiction that will plague them for the rest of their lives. People who think that passing a law is going to keep younguns from doing anything... clearly you've never had any kids. :D

Andria

skoony

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 31, 2013
    saint paul,mn,usa
    I think I heard that if you smoke daily for a week, you're addicted. That could be wrong, just more ANTZ BS, but what if it's true?
    70% of smokers do not develop a dependency to smoking.
    that is why half of all smokers have quit by themselves by
    their 30's.
    regards
    mike

Reactions: Lessifer

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    I understand your concern about the youngsters, but think about this : If they didn't have access to vaping stuff, what would they do instead? I believe a large number of them would be smoking. Or maybe doing <other things we cannot mention>.

When I was a teenager, I probably would have started vaping instead of smoking if it had been an option.
    I know... I seem to have a slight mental block on this issue.

Reactions: Lessifer
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread