Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Why did my spoiler thingie not work? It looks funky.

try again......when you click continue, don't move the cursor, it puts it right in the middle of the two pieces of code. I wonder if your cursor moved.

ruh - ruh. These was just figured out in another thread. You you reply to a conversation that was actually started in the 'old' ECF it's not delivered to the recipient(s).
that's interesting to know. Not a really big deal, but good to know. Also along these lines....... for those who use the classies and leave feedback........ a Reo friend found out that you have to have left a comment on the thread in order to leave feed back. Dunno if that's a permanent thing or a glitch, but something to keep in mind
I honestly have no idea, he didn't say, but we can call him George if you like...:D

Depends, are you gonna love him and pet him and hold him and squeeze him??

God, I feel like a newb all over again...I leave for a few days...Iffy, what did you do this time:pervy:

There you are! Been wonderin where you went! Now we need to get cave back!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
...Iffy, what did you do this time:pervy:

NH_Logo-538x218.jpg

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Warning!

UPDATE:

You cannot respond to PMs sent prior to the upgrade, the other party will not get it.
You must start a NEW "conversation".

The links between old PMs and their recipient did not carry through to the new system

ruh - ruh. These was just figured out in another thread. You you reply to a conversation that was actually started in the 'old' ECF it's not delivered to the recipient(s).

That's not what I'm seeing. Someone sent me a PM.. uh... message.... uh... "conversation thing" today that was a reply to an old PM I sent them a few months ago and it worked. It picked up the quoted text of the old PM and... well obviously I received it. It has also threaded the old PM's and the.uhhh... new "conversation things" together. :2c:

I'm just trying to avoid sending... uh... "conversation things" as much as possible until I find out if they fixed being able to delete them. But I really feel for anyone caught up in trying to run a coop, a supplier, or anyone trying to use the classifieds and needs to use the... uh... "Conversatatorium" right now.

Last edited:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Thanks, Matt! Put the kayfill & a 5 pack of bases on my wishlist. It would be nice to build a base & swap a good build for one gone wrong using the Kayfill thingie.
The bases are a little tight on the draw. the air hole appears to be a little bit smaller than the Kayfun Lite V2 I got from EHPro. Would be real easy to drill out but, I just took the airflow adjusting screw completely out and it draws fine now. Keep that in mind if your order those particular bases. Fastech carries bases made by several different manufacturers (cloners). These are the ones with the rough looking lettering on the bottom. You can see the differences in the pictures. Might want to try one of the different ones if the airflow or drilling one out is a problem for you. Typical Fasttech stuff.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Somebody thought the amount of money I thought I saved seemed a little high. Turns out it was a little low. I smoked 2.5 packs a day and the average cost around here is about $6.50 a pack. I went to the website a lot of folks here use to create their banners for countdown and you see what it says. That's a boatload of cigs not smoked and a lot of money saved but, more importantly is how much better I feel and the fact that I have been cancer free for the same amount of time.:banana:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Also along these lines....... for those who use the classies and leave feedback........ a Reo friend found out that you have to have left a comment on the thread in order to leave feed back. Dunno if that's a permanent thing or a glitch, but something to keep in mind

There are certain things I'm just going to avoid doing right now until this all gets sorted out. If this one is true, it kinda makes sense because that limits people leaving iTrader ratings to only people that were actually involved in a sale or a coop purchase. Personally, I have always put up at least a "PM sent" post in a Classifieds thread if I'm going to transact on it but a lot of people don't do it. We'll see. :2c:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Somebody thought the amount of money I thought I saved seemed a little high. Turns out it was a little low. I smoked 2.5 packs a day and the average cost around here is about $6.50 a pack. I went to the website a lot of folks here use to create their banners for countdown and you see what it says. That's a boatload of cigs not smoked and a lot of money saved but, more importantly is how much better I feel and the fact that I have been cancer free for the same amount of time.:banana:

Matt I'm wondering how long we will be allowed to use that banner we have. It was blocked under the old software (long story behind that) but I noticed it was popping up again after the change for people who never removed the banner code from their signature. Wondering if there is a blocked URL list they forgot about or isn't working.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Matt I'm wondering how long we will be allowed to use that banner we have. It was blocked under the old software (long story behind that) but I noticed it was popping up again after the change for people who never removed the banner code from their signature. Wondering if there is a blocked URL list they forgot about or isn't working.
Seems to be working fine. One thing that isn't working fine is the credit card processing through PayPal. I've been trying for the last 20 minutes or so to become a supporting member and it keeps giving me errors in processing the credit card. Main one is that they can't verify the security code for the card which is kind of funny because I bought something online only about an hour ago and it worked fine. Oh well. I'll try again tomorrow .

lilac7779

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
East Tennessee
Beautiful tile job, Doree and Matt! In the pictures you posted today, there are spots where it looks like individual tiles are missing. But, in a picture you posted a few days ago, it seemed like a small number of the tiles were translucent/transparent, and I presume that's what I'm seeing.

Below: roasted cabbage steaks with garlic, and roasted celery with tarragon. I followed actual recipes for both but there is now no doubt that my oven temperature is much higher than where I set the temperature dial. I kind of knew that already and set the temperature a little low, but not low enough.

Nevertheless, these were pretty darn good, even the super-crispy parts. I'll definitely try both of these again, although I'll use some foil to cover them for most of the time in the oven.

View attachment 453515

Here is an old fashioned banana pudding I made for Dude's birthday.

Picture003-1.jpg

The bowl belonged to my mother. I only use it when I make pudding.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Here is an old fashioned banana pudding I made for Dude's birthday.

Picture003-1.jpg

The bowl belonged to my mother. I only use it when I make pudding.
Here is a banana pudding story told to me 20 years ago by a co-worker named Rick. Whether or not the story is factually accurate I couldn't tell you, because Rick was born and raised in the South, where I've found creative embellishment to be a way of life.

At a large family gathering at Rick's aunt's house, the food was being served buffet style. Rick got himself some banana pudding. It was awesomely good even though there was something different about it that Rick couldn't put his finger on.

Going back for seconds Rick ran into his aunt. He said to her: "This banana pudding is so good! What did you do different?".

Auntie took a long hard look at the banana pudding in the huge serving bowl and said: "Oh my! I forgot to add the bananas!"

Rick, after finding out I was originally from NJ, told me that I was the 2nd nicest person from NJ that he'd ever met. I guessed correctly that he'd only met one other person from NJ. Rick also said that his favorite thing about NJ was a Philadelphia cheese steak.

Last edited:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Seems to be working fine. One thing that isn't working fine is the credit card processing through PayPal. I've been trying for the last 20 minutes or so to become a supporting member and it keeps giving me errors in processing the credit card. Main one is that they can't verify the security code for the card which is kind of funny because I bought something online only about an hour ago and it worked fine. Oh well. I'll try again tomorrow .

Matt, I read in one of the forums that credit card processing was not working from Tapatalk - you would need to do it at a PC.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Ouch, ouch, ewww, where'd that muscle come from ... didn't even know I had one there. Kind of stiff and sore this morning. Yesterday, we helped a friend move the contents of her townhouse to a POD in prep for her moving to Mass. Feeling stiff and tired this morning. Thank goodness there were some young strong and fit guys around to do the heavy lifting. But still did a lot of up/down the stairs and bending and lifting and moving boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread